Windows 10 is Shit

Part I
>Old system starts BSOD'ing frequently on Windows (Ubuntu install runs fine), especially when under load [ie video editing]
>Run system verification tool, find problems, repair problems
>Restart (lol) and system still BSOD's
>Ubuntu still runs fine
>Run memtest86, 4000+ errors including the entirety of my back 8GB of RAM
>Remove, Windows runs fine for a few days but editing is too slow with only 8GB
>Get new RAM, BSOD's are back.
>Memtest86, now entire space frequently hitting errors

Part II
>3 days later
>Fresh Windows 10 and Ubuntu install (why doesn't my GRUB have memtest anymore?) on my newly-built system
>Both partitions run fine but W10 menu is already comically slow

Part III/Final:
>Today, two days later
>Firefox window with 3 tabs randomly locks on Jow Forums in W10
>Mouse issues in W10 preventing mouse clicks registering anywhere but the desktop
>Get scared, run Windows verification tool, passes
>Run memtest86 for 4 hours, no errors
>conveniently as long as it takes for me to open up the W10 start menu
>Ubuntu runs fine

What the fuck is wrong with this operating system? At least back in XP the menu fucking worked. What the fuck happened?

Attached: Blue-Wallpaper_Windows_10_HD_2880x1800.png (2880x1800, 35K)

works on my machines. all three of them have no issues.

fix your hardware

Hey. Those BUGS ARE FEATURES. Microsoft actually owns your laptop, not you. They make the decisions for your computer. Get used to the future, gramps.

>Run memtest86, 4000+ errors including the entirety of my back 8GB of RAM
>What the fuck is wrong with this operating system?

Attached: 1500685029880.jpg (720x954, 149K)

I've been surprised by just how much I like windows 10.

Have you tried using non-defective RAM and only afterwards blaming Pajeetsoft for your problems?

I dunno but I have a feeling if you had read the next two lines you might figure out

>late Spring Windows 10 release
>tries to update
>locks
>restart
>system reverts
>tries to update again
>lock-restart-revert
>this happens a bunch
Apparently there is an issue where if old video card drivers are present the update will fail?
At the time I tried to remove all traces of the driver, but it was still happening.
welp.png
Disable Windows 10 updates under GPO.
Fuck it.
As far as I know MS hasn't fixed that patch.

Windows updates are the #1 killer as far as software goes in my shop. Pretty much the only killer honestly, and a lot of the time it's irreparable without a reformat

What a shit os

I will give it this: it failed and reverted clean a bunch of times. It didn't brick my system. But on the flip side: it kept fucking trying. I don't even know if it sent back failure reports.
This is the problem with the rollup patches. I couldn't isolate the one bad update, ban it, and move on. I had to nuke my security going forward to continue operating.

just install ltsb / server 2016

I don't know, I have 4GB RAM and Intel HD 4000, it still runs like a dream, the only thing is the boot up time, it can take up to 30 seconds on its bad day, otherwise it's pretty snappy.

I just went trough such shit, the install experience is absolutely garbage

>havent touched windows in half an year+
>havent installed windows in 3 years
>brother starts uni, wants to play gayms, gets decent asus laptop
>he wants windows 7
>download, create usb
>set up BIOS, doesnt boot
>try evereything, doesn't boot
>fine 10 ltsb it is, create usb, boots first try
>no touchpad
>install, try putting drivers for stuff
>everything fails, some with unsupported OS
>already tired to death(3 hours ago)
>10 pro, boots first try
>no touchpad
heres the best(worst) part
>files finish copying, square window pops up
>c o r t a n a starts speaking at near max volume
>gives me a toddler talk about the botnet
>single pages from ltsb install are split over 4 pages of toddler install (username,password,confirm,hint)

in the end my touchpad still didnt work but at least some """"updates"""" patched it up and after literally 5 restart cycles i finally had drivers for everything

> my security
> Windows
Oh boy

Upgrade to Windows 7.

Downgrade to being vulnerable on the level of windows XP is what you meant to say

>Security
>Windows 10
You are not even trying at this point.

Coming from 20 years of MacOS to a start menu with candy crush... im sorry, but what the fuck?

I found out about LTSB thank god. Installed that shit. Few mods to remove last bit of pre installed malware and yeah, pretty good. Only thing that pisses me off is windows defender occasionally coming back to life and hitting KMSPico. fuck thats annoying.

Add exclusions to KMSPico's folder/files in Defender and look into disabling Defender via Group Policy

>I don't know how to assemble a stable system: "I'm too much of a faggot to realize how much of a faggot I am" edition

I have some visual design complaints against Windows 10, but functionally I'm pretty happy with it; especially now that you can install bash.

done the exclusions to everything. always seems to find a new thing or ignore them. can u link to something I can follow about the group policy to disable defender? thanks brah

desu just use KMS_VL_ALL-SppExtComObjPatcher instead of KMSpico. You can activate windings portably for 180 days and it won't leave any files behind.

Is there any way to force icons on shortcuts to update or attempt to read the icon from their target program on Windows?

Every time this fucking program updates it changes its icon and the shortcut becomes blank like this.

Attached: shortcuticon.png (1043x1038, 225K)

You can get Windows 7, you need to add usb3 drivers to the installer since it not recognizes shit. I'll probably upload a win7 iso woth convenience rollup and slipstreamed usb3 and nvme drivers to pirate bay or such other website