Air Purifiers

Air purifiers / cleaners. Scam or not?

I've done some moderate searching and can't find any hard evidence that these things do anything beneficial at all. I've seen medical professionals shrug and say if they do anything, it's very minimal. I've looked at reviews and an overwhelming amount of them are fake or buyers with flimsy anecdotal evidence. I've tried asking owners of these units for evidence and they just end up getting super defensive and say they don't need any because it works for them. And then there was that whole Xiaomi fiasco where their app was caught faking real-time air quality data after people discovered the filter was still wrapped in plastic during the demo.

What say you, Jow Forums?

Attached: Top-10-Best-Air-Purifiers-In-India-e1510134410149.jpg (960x561, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y7QFJgTjzcc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I say that's what u get for cheaping out u android using hide away low test manlet faggot

united states occupational laws require you to use a HEPA filter in an asbestos environment so they probably at least work

We're gonna be friends

Ozone generators = Good. Ozone molecules bind to odors and oxidize them. Do not use them in a place with tons of plastic things, as ozone oxidizes plastic too.
Ionizers = Good if they're actual ionizers. They generate a static charge around them and attract airborne particles to their vicinity, concentrating all the dirt in the room to their surroundings. Beware, some ionizers actually produce corona discharge to look flashy, you don't want those.
Consumer-grade air "purifiers" (aka everything that's not an industrial HVAC system) = Total scam.

that's not taking those things out of the air; it's just neutralizing its odor. that's now what OP is asking for

ozone, I mean

its basically a vacuum running 24/7 through a filter, more or less a scam

You can't just expect something to "take those things out of the air". If you want to collect the dirt out of the air, get an ionizer, it'll make most of it precipitate around itself. Crap doesn't just magically disappear, you know.

filters literally "take those things out of the air" and ozone is not a filter

crap disappears by applied suction through a filter, you know

It just collects in a filter. It doesn't fucking disappear. And as I said, consumer "air purifiers" don't really filter that much crap out, because to do so you really need a restrictive filter. Which requires a lot of suction. For which you need a powerful fan. Which makes tons of noise. Which people don't want. Which means there are no consumer products that clean the air that way. That's why I mentioned industrial HVAC.

I didn't say it disappears: I said it disappears from the air

industrial hvac is meant for large rooms but there is household hvac that is quieter and works just as well for household-size rooms

You literally said, and I quote:
>crap disappears by applied suction through a filter, you know
This is an imageboard, pal.
Yeah, I might've used the wrong wording here. I meant to say there's no cute little box you can just buy and have your air cleaned. You need a proper HVAC system to do so.

well you're stupid if you thought I meant it literally suddenly actually entirely goes away, what the fuck is wrong with you

there are plenty of "cute little boxes" using industrial technology that are sized for domestic rooms, dumbass

hvac isn't some secret wizard-technology

>what the fuck is wrong with you
Asperger's. Sorry for misunderstanding you.
>there are plenty of "cute little boxes" using industrial technology that are sized for domestic rooms, dumbass
Show me one, then.
>hvac isn't some secret wizard-technology
Never said it was.

How can you tell which one is an actual ionizer?

youtube.com/watch?v=y7QFJgTjzcc

If it's from India, it's a scam.

When you turn it on when it's placed on a metal shelf and you get zapped, or open it up and look at the internal components.

you can build a air purifier out of pc case with filter

What should I look for as a means to eliminate high dust yield in a bedroom?

If you're not using one of those big ass square air filters behind a square box fan to you're getting scammed and also spending probably 400x the money you should be spending

It cleans your air if you're living in a dusty area and need a clean room.

Better yet, just get some cheap filters + box fan.

Attached: box.jpg (275x183, 6K)

This is the way to go unless you actually know something in your environment is giving off poison gas, in which case probably try to get rid of whatever that is..

I have an Austin health filter someone gave me and it does collect a lot of dust on the sides but so does the 20 inch box fan with 5 dollar ac filter. They both make my house feel cleaner but I'm not testing for toxins or anything

that was an interesting watch