What linux distro should i get after ubuntu?

Attached: gnome3.png (1280x800, 497K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20180920.iso
chiru.no/a/booru/post/list/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

install gentoo

nothing, it's the best. use it and switch only if you need to do something other distros can and it can't (which is impossible)

GNU/Windows get shit done! True OS for grown up people.

Attached: zoomer.gif (652x562, 626K)

debian

Ubuntu MATE.

Arch Linux and Gentoo are honestly the most usable distros thanks to their rolling release model.
You would think old shit works better, but it's the opposite, there are a shitton of bugs, incompatibilities and features missing. Being as close to upstream as possible works best.

xubuntu

How is Arch usable when its installation process bricks your computer?

so I guess all the Arch users in the world want to build a house?

>How is Arch usable when its installation process bricks your computer?
You are too stupid for words.

CloverOS, duge

Attached: IMG_20180927_201108.jpg (2048x1152, 1.11M)

OP here, I'm not your mate, nerd.

Is there something wrong with using an operating system that is actually functional? Why would you deviate from something that works?

>megumin with huge boobs
wtf

DISTROS FUCK YEAH

Arch community is a cult
They feel like they are superior to others because they have to waste time on fixing their broken OS

Right, you're my bitch. Now bend over you horny slut.

Kubuntu.

Fiddling with your broken os is great, if you don’t have actual work to get done. If my os is going to have systemd, I prefer it actually be usable. Why does anyone give a fuck about arch, anyway? Be a proper masochist, and install gentoo.

I'm curious. Which advantages brings Clover OS vs Gentoo?

None

gentoo based sabyon is surprisingly user friendly and well documented

Gen2

Faster install, binary repo with the option to switch to source compiling, and lightweight software that does not rely on systemD, pulse audio, and avahi.

Attached: 2018-09-27-154237_3840x1080_scrot.jpg (3840x1080, 1.38M)

cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20180920.iso

Attached: 2018-09-27-215843_7680x4320_scrot.jpg (7680x4320, 3.89M)

windows 98
just good luck getting a browser to work on the modern day web

clover isn't even a real distro. it's just an installer for gentoo with shitty defaults and no options

You can say that about most distros. With any Linux distro, it's pretty much common practice to change the defaults and give yourself options the way you want.

any problems with -Ofast ?

Ahahaha.Fat guy, too. I love these memes. Join me on FunnyJunk. I have teh feeling you'd really like it there.

I'd give you an advice so you don't distro hope like me. Ubuntu is literally the best distro. Here's why.
It supports proprietary software by linking the dependencies of its shared libraries; so you almost always get every software to work. And that's a good thing!
But I advice you to stay on LTS Ubuntu which releases every 2 years, since it's the equivalent of Debian Stable.
Should you have even more stability amd security, you should use RHEL or CentOS but that's giving away the automagic of Ubuntu.
The nice thing about Noobuntu is not the gui package management, I don't see it useful if you already know the command. It's the support it gets for its packages. Also is the sweet spot between stability and new.
The only downside I see is the choices for default theming and the netbot shit they made with unity. I guess they learned the lesson, I don't know; to be honest I don't even use Ubuntu since I'm already on RHEL and I just use it to read docs and occasional vim latex or learning programming.
If you want to be leet or install a desktop on a shitbox you can do a net install and install i3 gaps, dwm or whatever autistic thing Jow Forums uses on Ubuntu. You can even change the Neofetch info so that people think you are using Gentoo (this is what most users on Jow Forums do, some retards actually use Gentoo lmaoo!)

OpenBSD

summoning that frog waifu guy
just how does he do it?

That megumin is disgusting

Attached: 1536248211275.png (668x681, 364K)

4u

Trips confirm

Ubuntu > fedora > Arch

One of these days I wanna install Gentoo but Arch is p. comfy

Arch and gentoo are memes you dumbass

I like Arch because of how lightweight it is. Ubuntu is too bloated

Mmmm, didn't know this, now it actually sounds serious not just a hobby distro.

Which is kept more up to date, debian or kde neon

if you're gonna use gnome on ubuntu you might as well use pop os instead

not really bro bro

You shut your fucken mouth right now.

Cloveros is a highly customizable distribution based on Gentoo. You get all the benefit of Gentoo in a cool package with some not invasive helpers scripts.

Not really. When you actually try them you'll see they are not.

Go Debian. Unless you want to be some stupid edgelord and go with a meme OS for no good reason, Debian offers a natural transition from Ubuntu, as Ubuntu is based off Debian.

Attached: 1_debian-logo_story.jpg (760x400, 36K)

I'm thinking of switching to debian from arch
debpill me senpai

You're a brainless retard

Attached: images.jpg (521x589, 28K)

Windows 10 so you can do actual work

>Arch
>Lightweight
what a retard

MX17 if you like debian/ubuntu

Xubuntu

Mint

If you ok with it, use it.

>t. NSA official

Uhh how about not having bloat?

Where can I find these wallpapers? I'm quite curious.

>8 years old packages like gcc 4.x stuck on c++11

> ubuntu
> best
gooby plz

Lin- wtf stop being a kid and get a windows ffs

Fedora

cringe

Manjaro, you get the Arch AUR, an installer, and less autism in general.

Attached: numale_meme.png (1170x836, 203K)

I agree that Arch is a meme, but Gentoo is the superior distro.

Attached: cuck.png (1780x1658, 305K)

bloat is a meaningless concept used to make your pipi feel bigger.

Oh yeah.. here are two options. 1. Chose windows. So everything works as it should and you do some work. 2. Chose linux so can constantly worry when it will break down. Chose linux so you can worry about tons of programs that don't work. Why the hell would you do that when you can have perfectly working windows machine... Fucking stupid

>Arch
>lightweight
Retarded Arch niggers I swear

>67823249
just stick with ubuntu

debian
perfect combination of minimal bloat and stability

>that wallpaper

Attached: abs_disgusting.jpg (600x450, 71K)

>what are shared libraries

debian is less bloated, even Ubuntu. Your package count is more but that's because libraries get installed outside of the main packages. So they share files to run. Whilst arch looks minimal it bundles libraries within its packages. Also using the AUR is not advisable from a security stand point, if you use arch unironically just go back to windows.

debian sid, every other distro is useless

lubuntu

You can't get dependency hell if it's in package...

chiru.no/a/booru/post/list/1

Attached: 2018-09-28-184934_7680x4320_scrot.jpg (7680x4320, 3.57M)

Every professional workstation I’ve been on has Debian or some Debian derivative.

Rolling releases are for hobbyists and tweakers.

You can use practically anything you want if it’s not for work. I started on DSL. Then went to Slackware. Then Xubuntu. Then Manjaro for the longest time. Now I use Debian with JWM.

For work it’s always been Debian stable since I’ve been there. You got one of the largest repos out of anything and hundreds of mirrors, along with a plethora of documentation.

For any casual user, I would suggest to them Ubuntu or Manjaro. Both are dumbed down versions of Debian and Arch. Manjaro with Pamac or Octopi and basic CLI knowledge is about as simple as Ubuntu.

Is this true? I wanted to take a chance with arch.

ok

If you can install Arch you have the same mental capacity to build flat-pack furniture from Ikea.

There's nothing clever about copy-pasting a bunch of lines from the wiki into the Arch CLI.

Well done, you followed the instructions and watched some youtube videos.

Just install Manjaro and have it done with.

Hush don't reveal the best kept secret in Linux

i just installed xubuntu, i don't see any advantage over debian with lxde. did i get memed?

I'm not your buddy, guy

>not using Ubuntu minimal or at least Ubuntu server.

Get with the times gramps

kubuntu

Manjaro. You get all the benefits from Arch without the autistic fanbase. It's great!

>titcow megumin

Attached: 1537841130227.jpg (700x897, 43K)

>i just installed xubuntu, i don't see any advantage over debian with lxde
>debian
>lxde
is this shit even usable?

yeah but for a couple of years now, the bunt has been full of random crashes

Something lightweight. There is no reason to use another distro like Ubuntu (I.E. Debian or Linux Mint) after you switch from Ubuntu. Ubuntu is the baby step into the Linux world. It'll give you enough experience to do big boy shit. So something lightweight like Arch, Gentoo, NixOS, Void, Slackware, etc. will be great for a daily driver.

The only proper answer is to install Gentoo. I've never personally tried it, but I know enough to know it's the right choice.