Why is lag from wireless mice so perceptible compared to wireless game controllers...

why is lag from wireless mice so perceptible compared to wireless game controllers? movement on analog sticks appear to translate immediately to the screen, but when you move a cursor using a wireless mouse, there is clearly a horrible sense of lag

Attached: 14[1].jpg (602x401, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wiKWqyIww10
gamersnexus.net/guides/2594-wireless-mouse-click-latency-analysis-vs-wired
overclock.net/forum/375-mice/1607990-click-latencies-compiled.html
overclock.net/forum/375-mice/1696057-logitech-g-fk-logitech-g-pro-wireless-mouse.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

analog sticks are a less precise input so you don't notice

Console manufacturers spend literal hundreds of millions of dollars on the centerpiece of their entertainment experience, the hunk of plastic you will spend hundreds of hours using.
PC peripheral manufacturers don't spend nearly as much.

gr8 b8

its prob lateral fine movment across a screen picks it up more than analogue sticks.

any way how much lag does a wireless G PRO the new one actually have? ive seen people with same sensor mice say they don't notice any.

I assume its like 5ms or some thing which isn't that bad considering the click time on most wired mice vary from +15-ms regardless if its a "new" or "old" mice. so that's basically the same lag with a tiney bit more on moving.

but I still wana know.

Logitech M520 here, works perfectly fine.

>logitech lightspeed has perceptible lag
What are you, the top ranked Quake Live player? Lightspeed feels perfect to me

the g900 is the first one i have used where its good enough to actually play with
youtube.com/watch?v=wiKWqyIww10

dumb asses that say its "good enough for me"

unless theirs a actually measurement that testimony is worthless and it could be like 30-40ms. if its like 5-10ms its acceptable any more is shit teir.

>using wireless anything
It's like you want your computer to suck.

gamersnexus.net/guides/2594-wireless-mouse-click-latency-analysis-vs-wired

You're a fucking mong

that doesn't really mean much wired mice click latancy varies from like 0-20ms as is.

its the movment delay that matters movement on wired mice is all like 0ms on wireless it might be 10-15ms and that is what would suck not the click delay but testing that is hard and no one does it.

at the end of the day is plugging into charge once a week worth the effort of no cable is prob the real question. or increased risk of people stealing your mice at lans.

Mouse click latency != mouse movement latency

For the same reason that mouse players BTFO controller players in FPSes.

Mice are more precise, accurate and faster paced than twiddling your thumbs on a controller.

this has to be console peasant bait
eat shit and die, OP

You didn't spend enough on your mouse.

Attached: spatha.jpg (500x500, 30K)

I think you might be able to work out the movment latancy if you compare that lag to the click latancy of similar Logitech mouse that's wired with same internals (if one exists) and work out how much higher it is. that data can be found on mouse section on overclock.net but I cant be fucked doing it myself because wires don't bother me.

my guess is the best Logitech wireless ads like 10ms or some thing. which isn't super bad but still not worth loosing a cable imo.

I'm a beginner, but 2 things:

Don't you have 3 elements that need to process the action of moving the mouse - sending device with it's own pooling rate, receiver with it's own pooling rate, then CPU.

Then there's the thing with how bad wireless stuff is most of the time.

the poling rate doesn't actually effect the speed thou. a 1000hz polling rate which is "1ms" can actually send data to a computer a 0.2ms

polling rate literally means nothing in regards to speed artificially increasing it can increase some controlers send speed like for instance my WMO at 125hz has like 15ms click response time but at 1000hz its 11ms and at 8000hz its 8-9ms or some thing. but its not that simple.

there are keyboards like roamer g and bloody LK that have a polling rate of 1000hz but send data at 0.2ms. polling rate is mostly just used as a excuse for data when manufactuer doesn't want to admit what speed it actually is so they just say "1ms polling rate" when in reality its total lag is like 30ms.

I've got an interesting question for you, could you tell the difference between a wireless and wired mouse, in a blind test? I really doubt you could.

And if you're going to be a retard about this, different USB controllers on mice, and different USB host controllers induce different amounts of lag. Surely you've researched this and purchased a mouse with the lowest possible processing latency, and a motherboard with a USB host that has the lowest latency as well. You've done extensive research on this. And I bet you even went as far as to making a custom shorter USB cable for your golden standard of a mouse, nanoseconds count for us gamers amirite?

I work in hardware R&D, and I fucking hate people like you. You cannot tell the difference between 2ms or 3ms. Keep lying to yourself, but you can't. The added latency to the newer Logitech shit is literally in the realm of a few tens of ns, and honestly that means fuck all when you're already waiting for the encoder to grab the raw data. Go off yourself you literal retard.

also I don't think many people know how to test this stuff not even at Logitech or even the people Logitech pay to make the wireless chip and controller etc. I was looking at technical documentation for a HDMI to VGAout adaptor. the documentation from the manufacture listed alot of times in nano seconds relevant for wireing it up and stuff and a clock rate of the hole thing but never listed like total lag at this resolution and hz or total lag at this resolution or hz. a Dance Dance Revolution guy hooked it up at prob 720/1080p 60hz and measured it as 0.2ms but this was a no name product so they don't have good marketing so wouldn't show it.

Logitech might know the data from testing it with a oscilloscope but the fact that they just publish "1ms polling rate" which has no relevance to the wireless technology or the controller chip processing movement and button presses probably means its bad. if it was good they would brag about it.

and no 3rd party is willing to buy a 200$ mouse and tear it apart and hook it up etc. and I don't think any one actually knows how to do movement tests only click tests.

I use a WMO at 8000hz that's like 9ms mouse. but the test isn't based on a zero point so some mice are actually measured as -2ms etc so there are mouse on the market like 10ms faster at clicking than mine. I like the tracking and feel of the wmo sensor thou.

I agree things under 10ms don't matter much at all but you have to understand that while clicking on various even new mice can vary from 0-25ms movment on all of them is basically 0.1ms or some thing.

having 10-15ms movment delay on a mouse you would notice more than click delay. it does matter.

I get your point thou caring about single digit ms is dumb but double digit matters.

humans can apparently perceive 2ms differences thou according to science.

remember 50ms is 1/20th of a second actually look how long that is on a clock its quite big and combine that with 3-6ms from motherboard+os +abit from game + 10ms (even if you have 1ms monitor which is really 10+ms) + your ping and it all ads up.

if you buy the most optimal gear you can reduce your lag by like 1/5th of a second white is actually a considerable advantage.

t. European Logitech engineer

who is about to loose his job to a chink from bloody/a4tech because he doesn't think lag matters.

Placebo.

>wireless mice have a stigma of being bad because they were bad in the past
>will always be perceived as bad no matter how many improvements are made to them because they were bad in the past
>you believe your wireless mouse "lags" even though you can't actually prove that it does
>if you try to do a scientific comparison and see that the wireless mouse is in fact just as good as a wired mouse, you still believe that it "lags" because it's wireless so it must be worse

TL;DR: You think wireless is worse than wired, therefore it is.

I'm not sure if >pooling rate is the right term. But what I meant that everything has their own internal timers and they aren't synchronized, introducing even bigger latency. And being an expert on chink products, I'm certain that low budget mouses and keyboards probably use few comparable poor quality ics.

Can I see one of these scientific comparisons

Sure: gamersnexus.net/guides/2594-wireless-mouse-click-latency-analysis-vs-wired
But, knowing this board, since this particular comparison was done by Logitech you'll probably call it a marketing stunt despite them disclosing their methods to the public.
But you can go and replicate it yourself if you want, so there you go.

read the fucking thread. that's only click latancy.

wired mice have click latancy varing from 0-25ms even on newer models click latancy doesn't matter its movment latancy

even on mice that have 11-15ms click latancy their movment latancy is basically 0ms or 0.2ms or some thing

wireless mice cant do this their movment latancy is prob 5-10ms which is shit.

Can you prove it?

here is list of click latancys
overclock.net/forum/375-mice/1607990-click-latencies-compiled.html

here is thread talking about G pro wireless some one might have worked the lag out but the people on the forum are retards that spend 500$ on mice over afue years and then just use a WMO for the first time and never post on the forum again.

overclock.net/forum/375-mice/1696057-logitech-g-fk-logitech-g-pro-wireless-mouse.html

I'll kick your ass with my g900

has anyone ever done double blind tests with wireless devices.

i have a feeling most people would have a hard time telling wired/wireless apart even with 10 year old wireless tech, let alone the new 'gaming' devices created for hummingbirds.

how could you test the mouse movement isn't lagging if your blind and cant look at mouse and screen at same time?.

>Muh input lag
Then use a wired PS/2 mouse, retard

OP's pic, G900 has only 2 ms lag, even faster than certain wired mice.
It's the top tier mouse in terms of technological advancement.

i set up an amazon return label within an hour of trying the G900

the numbers don't mean shit; the lag was disgusting