ITT: We talk about human languages as if they were programming languages

ITT: We talk about human languages as if they were programming languages

Attached: language.jpg (276x183, 27K)

HUHEUHEU
return sopa

English is fucking bloat and should only be used for international translations since everyone is forced to learn it. Not only is in contain a million irregular words and spellings, but it's fucking slow. The world would be a better place if we all switched back to Latin.

Imo german is the only true languag. Sure, you have to master it first, but it gives you perfect control over your articulation, much better than bloated higher languages like english or esperanto ever could

This. Nazi Germany was built from this language alone. It might be old, but it efficient.

German is definitely a much better pick than say Hindi or Canadian.

English is a superset of Latin and has a ton of features Latin doesn't have. Not only is it more powerful, it's also more classy and better structured. English is basically Latin++

>canadian
You mean their homebrew version of british?

Latin is like 20 times more complex than english, it's fine as is. All it could need is an updated stdlib to add support for some modern type technology related vocabulary

Puto el que lee

>tfw none of your friends have the patience to learn Chinese despite it being the most common language on earth, spread across hundreds of dialects

>English is Latin++
Latin is Etruscan++
Etruscan is the only and true language, It compiles directy into your Brain, It might be dificult to implement and has poor documentation but its the most eficient way to communicate.

Spanish is fun, but that low information density is a huge bummer

While we are at It which superset of Latin is the best one? Imo French and Portuguese are the best.

C is Latin tier. Lingua franca, hard to master and base of many modern languages. English is Python. Easy, accessible, universally useful.

all romance languages are kinda the same desu
if I had to pick one I'd go with whichever has the simplest rules for conjugation

Listening to Spanish speakers is like reading COBOL code. So much talking to express so little, kek.

how is it possible the longest works of literature in history were written with this shit and there is somehow still zero documentation

Attached: cyrillic.png (1200x1070, 53K)

Catalan native speaker, can speak Spanish, English and Japanese.
English is the Python of languages. Easy to start speaking, as the rules are simple, if you don't care about accuracy (not using 3rd person s or regularising irregular verbs wouldn't impede communication). Has a huge AND growing problem with pronunciation though, way too complex and with no easy rules.
Japanese (any ideogram language, I guess) is pretty amazing in its information density when written, but loses that when spoken. I really like Japanese in general, it's well organised. The particle system is good. The learning curve is fucked up though.
Romance languages have this stupid way to give genders to everything that really baffles me. Verb conjugation can be good, as it gives information in less space, but in general they're super ineffective and use up way too much space.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 104K)

>japanese
>requires like 4 extra libraries to be fully functional
>chinese
>full of loads and loads legacy grammar and idioms which are literal gibberish until you learn the history
>korean
>literally made up for the sake of "not being chinese"
>vietnamese
>super cute, but seems useless

> Latin

Sure, it's strongly cased, but too cumbersome to write in.

Vietnamese is like APL, good luck typing that shit down

Slavic languages would be like the weird open-source project langs that do some interesting stuff but nobody really uses.

>English is fucking bloat
You know you can drop the loanword libraries, right? Take out everything that isn't from Old English, German, or French and you can get by with like 50k words instead of 500k.
English only really shines when you're forced to be creative with it.

Come let us make bricks and burn them hard
We'll build a city with a tower for the world
And climb so we can reach anything we may propose

Attached: regex.png (526x526, 6K)

The doctor would like this image

Catalan is not a real language.

Czech is the ultimate language.
You can inline English and German. It draws from english, latin and german.
It features concurrency and it has a homoiconic design. It has only around 50 keywords and it is usable with any compiler that supports Czech (unlike english)

Hey guys come check out my cool new language lojban.
It has a completely different syntax to anything else, but its really expressive and totally logical.
I expect it to become the new lingua francia and replace English for international communications!

Clearly not, Latin has so much features English doesn’t have, most of which Old Germanic also had, but English (a bastard child of those two) lost these interesting features and developed a disgusting grammar and syntax.

>Postejant que saps parlar català a un imageboard anglès on miren dibuixos xinesos homes de 40 anys que tenen ideologia neo-feixista i els hi agraden els ponis i les nenes petites.
Realment has activat les meues ametlles. Ets de Barcelona user? Trobem-nos l'u d'octubre desu

Languages dont exist, they are in constant change so you are right, catalan doesnt exist neither does any language.

[email protected]
Envia'm un correu

Attached: Screenshot_20180918-020125.png (2048x1828, 1.46M)

Wtf are you shitheads talking about?
I've been coding in german since i've been literally 3 years old.
The syntax of german is pure bloat compared to lean, modern languages like english.
Huge fuckup with it's three different articles as there are no rules when to apply which one. The compiler understands it anyways, just like you can write gibberish in Python and receive a result.
Same as with the wicked, forced camel case with spaces in between style.
It can be more precise, I'll give you that. Especially with technical terms.

t'acavo d'enviar un correu sis dos nou cuatre cuatre nou set sis u

>scatalan
>le notalgia look pokemon such a nerd xd
Like fucking pottery. I can't wait for you guys to get your own fucking country so it turns into another Sweden. I'll even personally help inmigrants pass through Spain to your shithole. For humanitary reasons, of course.

The mixed prefix/infix/postfix is confusing and yes it's a tiny bit bloated. Not as bad as Latin though.
On the plus side: compond statements are nice.

Attached: 1535780448809.png (360x299, 12K)

Latine loqui non est qui XXX annos natus Zoomer

Attached: 1536106099024.gif (931x682, 426K)

C is Croatian
Python is English
Java is Dutch
C# is Swedish

ESPL detected

> Another Sweden
> Implying that's bad

What about brazilian portuguese? It's complicated as fuck and with a lot of rules, but no one follows them

hello my fellow anons

JS
It really is like C++. A total bastardized mess. Just like it is a C-Smalltalk creole, English is a Franco-German creole.

hello friend!

english has a syntax if you want to print out strings you have to be fucking precise or else the compiler will missinterpret your statement but your typpos are just will be autocorrect fucking bloat and difficult to handle

Opinions on Polish/ Czech?

kurwa!
to me they are sorta like java at times, you have to be very precise in how you use them because otherwise it throws errors

>67825780
German encourages you to write spaghettiicode and therefor its great

>Java is Dutch
Neem dat terug flikker

Dutch is German for noobs

Nee jij

>spending time writing unnecessary vowels
>not writing in hebrew

Attached: s-a7e07ea12e8cd2f48a41720a4c577a717ed20daf.jpg (500x409, 49K)

>he's so jewish he can't even afford to spend time articulating
at least use a superior dialect like yiddish

You literally don't know what you're talking about.
Besides some Etruscan words which eventually were taken from Latin, the two are nowhere related.

Taken by, not taken from

I wish Romansch/Romansh wasn't dying
Underrated
Hope some company can it put it wider use

Why in the name of fuck did we develop the blind architecture? Braile is horrid for anyone who isnt literally blind. Its worse than deaf architectures, at least signlanguage has to interpreters.

>Latin
Impossible to speak this language correctly unless you know all the words. Retarded spelling distinguishes only half of the pure vowels. The syntax is sometimes actually unclear even with the best human ability because the important grammatical difference between "a" and "ā" was unmarked again. Basically, the only way to read Latin is by having total grammatical understanding of what you're reading.

Latin verbs are defective both in tenses and especially in participles. There's overlap between certain tenses which seems improbable, e.g. a past tense and a future tense form look and sound identical for a category of verbs.

The way to go is to adopt Attic Greek, a fuller, more powerful language, which Latin feebly imitates, but fails.

>wants to express an idea that english doesn't support
>instead of using 10-20 existing words to explain the idea JUST MAKES UP A NEW WORD
Has there ever been another developer this legendary?

Attached: shakespeare.jpg (1200x1200, 303K)

>Shakespare invented over 400 words XD
>>>/reddit/