Why aren't you cooling your computer proper way yet?

Why aren't you cooling your computer proper way yet?

Attached: proper.jpg (602x384, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_capacity
frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2784&page=5
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What liquid is recommended to set up compressor - liquid - chip cooling?

Is that a regular liquid cooling pump or intended for phase change cooling?

you guys realize that the only reason watercooling is better than air cooling is they make full copper radiators if they made more full copper air coolers (which cryoirg is starting to do) they would literally perform the same with the air cooling actually running like 10-15db less noisy.

heat pipes (which are vapor chambers)

transfer heat just as well as fast flowing water but don't require a noisy pump. watercooling is literally a meme.

if it's literally a meme how come nobody's outcompeting watercoolers?

Phase change cooling, indirect, you cool liquid with it and cool processor with liquid. I don't want compressor fuckup fuckup computer by overheating.

This is air compressor dude.

What if we made air cooler with heat pipes that have pumps on them?
I'm not sure what gas they put inside the heat pipes, but I imagine they're a hell of a lot better than the liquid they put in the radiators.

Heat pipe is passive, liquid is kinda requiring pump.

Heat-pipes work best hot end down from what I've assumed.

Also flexible heat-pipes would be kinda best solution.

Water cooling is a meme when it comes to normal PC use. As a race car owner and my own mechanic and engineer, having to learn the physics around heat dissipation is crucial. The specific heat capacity of water is superior to air. It's a superior solution if you're making more heat than a similarly packaged, air-cooled system couldn't keep up with. However, a fluid-based approach also means you can create small channels to help dissipate heat in a more efficient manner.

PC water cooling is a meme in general. CPUs perform at a certain rate at specified intervals and temperatures. A high end air-cooled solution can be half the price of a water cooling solution, and provide just as much efficient heat dissipation.

Attached: flanders_aok.jpg (257x196, 7K)

Water cooling flat out has more thermal mass, more capacity to absorb heat. Its also moving, its better at absorbing heat than a static material.

Try again, bucko.

why not mount the motherboard upside down and use the case as a cooler

>the current state of Jow Forums
Kek I hope this is ironic shitposting

Close but no cigar. Water cooling on CPUs is a meme because any processor worth a damn won't produce enough heat to need more than a heatsink and fan. An ICE may have to dissipate 50,000 watts of straight thermal energy while operating, but a processor only 200 watts at their worst. If you have to dissipate more than that you bought into a terrible joke and someone somewhere is laughing at you for it.

Aren't you the idiot boasting about copper being god's gift to thermal conductance? Cyrorig's full copper doesn't show much in the way of performance increase. It can sync heat faster, but all materials are bottlenecked at dissipation due to surface area constraints. The copper can pick up heat faster but doesn't neceasarily remove it any faster because the ambient air isn't a very good thermal conductor. It can only pick up so much heat per m3/s the fan is pulling through the m2. Copper at best might help stabilize temperatures during variable load operations and in something like a GPU could reduce microstutter.

>imagine being forced to change the liquid every now and then

>imagine putting in colored water and arranging your faggot lighting JUST SO to impress reddit

>BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBRRRRBRRBRBRBRBRBRRRRRRR
no thanks, I like it quite

Urine or semen.

>assemble custom loop
>mandatory regular maintenance was a pain in the ass
>pump died twice in a 7 year interval
I just love my 1.2 Kg air cooler

Attached: comfy.jpg (524x700, 49K)

Why not both?

Because of chemical reaction. Have you skipped a class about urine and semen reactions?
You NEVER mix the both.
Either, use your piss jar or semen jar. (if the latter, make sure to microwave it first)

Water has the nearly the best heat capacity of any liquid or solid material you monumental dumbfuck. Only ammonia outperforms it.

The heat capacity of the same amount of copper is about ten times worse.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_capacity

learn what a heat pipe is the gas inside it transfers heat better than water and literally turns from liquid to gas while doing it.

any heatsink with a heatpipe is effectively watercooling.

and sure you can get radiator larger than a NH-D15 but the NH-D15 will perform better because it doesn't have to pump the water half a meter

if you literally think your AIO is better or less noisy you are a idiot look at this

frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2784&page=5

at max fans on both the AIOs are like 5-8deg better than a NH-D15 but they are 20db louder than the NH-D15

at same noise level aircoolers win.

heat pipes are literally filled with ammonia or water with alcohol or ethanol you dumb cunt.

t. guy who literally thinks heatpipes are solid copper and not filled with ammonia and water.

AIO are a asthetic meme.

if you build a custom loop with like 1x4 rad sure its better than a heatpipe cooler but unless your going that big and just using a 120 or 240mm AIO your throwing away money for a noiser computer that cools worse.

You only need this for intel processors. Also that is way too small for the 500-1,500 TDP of intel processors.

With AMD you can just use the stock cooler and you'll be fine.

Attached: 1528257832783_0.png (823x520, 436K)

>Condensation kills your mobo

Attached: 1536618553047.gif (257x212, 2.91M)

Im too lazy to set up thermoelectric cooling.

Same here, I just got a 2700X instead, slapped on the stock heatsink and called it a day. 8700K is nice but the hassle of having to setup a refrigent system seems too much for 5 more fps in video games.

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9PLzUvNzY1NTA5L29yaWdpbmFsL2ltYWdlMDA4LnBuZw==(1).jpg (712x1435, 193K)

Holly shit, that's a dalek !!! No way I'm putting a fucking dalek in my PC.
>Exterminate

kek