TV

2 months until Black Friday. What would be the best 4K TV with HDR for around $1300? I hear good things about Samsung

Attached: tv.jpg (1199x674, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

prolost.com/blog/2011/3/28/your-new-tv-ruins-movies.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lg is still on top of oled.
Sony for LCD maybe, x9000 series or better.
Qled is a meme

>Qled is a meme
Why tho

>black friday

Stupid stupid goyim will fall for anything

Attached: 54D20937-C7BD-4C05-8E93-159BE9A3F3C3.png (375x444, 74K)

>using an iphone
Good goy.

hahaha
/thread

Attached: heyhey.jpg (125x125, 3K)

Samsung and Sony for LED, I've owned a bunch. Tried Vizio once, but returned it the next day because the display was vomit compared to my Samsung.

Who do you think I am?!

Attached: DFA12CFF-8885-4EA9-9854-224381269B94.jpg (234x234, 34K)

Panasonic FZ series OLEDs are better than anything from LG, I think there is a non-compete clause so they are not sold in the U.S. but some shippers are getting them from cucknadia or worldwide.

>Sony for LCD maybe, x9000 series or better.

aka X93F aka X90F aka X900F aka X9000F

so retarded naming scheme, don't you want all those good reviews to perpetuate under one model number

Attached: 1508753702581.jpg (597x597, 54K)

pana the only ones with the balls to back displayport

It does nothing except fool normies.

Samsung are milking the cow before it has teets, similar how they did with calling LED backlit TV's "LED TVs".

QLED shouldn't be so named until we have quantim emission displays not filtered liquid crystal with slightly different color spectra.

Attached: 2017_11_16_qled_2022.jpg (1000x500, 78K)

My Vizio M55 has a pretty gorgeous display after a little tweaking but the SmartCast firmware is trash. Update tanked the network card which loses connection, wired or wireless, randomly and can't even launch Hulu. Plugged in a Roku since an external Chromecast gets angry for some reason conflicting with the internal.

There should be dumb and smart version of all flagships, make it a law.

QLED is fucking trash designed to confuse people who don't know anything about TVs into thinking it's comparable to OLED. If you want an LCD, buy a cheap one from TCL. Only a fool would buy anything except OLED if targeting the high end.

QLED simply means a higher quality LCD that has insane peak brightness. For the best brightroom, HDR and static image experience, QLED is not a meme. OLED/Plasma is superior for darkroom movie watching though.

Who buys TVs anymore?

>"Does OLED have QUANTUM TECHNOLOGY? I don't think so. Trust me you've got the right product here. Don't let those LG shills fool you."
QLED is only pushed for marketing purposes as in fooling idiots who are easily persuaded by salesmen.

From cinema guy's pov it's panasonic the one that respects techonolical improvements towards actual image quality and your budget.

People who aren't OK with garbage monitors? I would buy a 55" OLED monitor, but it doesn't exist. No one has made high quality monitors since Panasonic and Pioneer made plasmas without tuners.
Epic.

>Black Friday
Fuck off with your mutt shit

>VA
>gorgeous
Lmoa. Peak comedy.

My opinion comes from most of the people adding placebo options as moar pixels while panasonic was adding cinematographic improvements like black level and shutter speeds iirc

I would agree until the point where they started trying to push VA as being good.

I agree with most of this but TCL sets don't have a long service life, stores are constantly replacing the demo units which blow in under 12 months and their dimming looks like some guy shining street lamps next to Sony or Samsung LCDs which use multi-stepped controllers and look up tables to add bit depth.

>VA
What's that? all I'm getting is fuck old Panasonic telephones.

99% of today's tv can do that

>TV
botnet

TVs with VA-panels. What they started pushing after plasma died. They pretended theirs was somehow how different from everyone else's but it wasn't.

this is the guy I was talking about btw:
prolost.com/blog/2011/3/28/your-new-tv-ruins-movies.html
he's big on cinematography tech side of things, so color, light, fps,etc.

You get what you pay for. I'm not advocating buying an LCD at all. They're all trash, and I feel perfectly qualified to say that having owned a ZD9.

Imagine buying a TV which records everything you say without your consent and sends to cyber terrorists.

buying a tv is so fucking confusing. are cheaper 600 dollars ones as good as 1200 ones. Spec sheets dont look much different. Talking 4k LCD 40-55" range here. I need it for gayming/pc. Havent watched tv for years.

For gaming you want something with low lag and strobing modes (motion flow), sweet spot for picture quality and checking all your boxes is probably the Sony X900F 49" or 55" or Samsung 9 series, LCD quality deliniates sharply at the top end models, there is no "mid end" as such.