Fuck open source. Why would I - get this - WILLINGLY give YOU (yes, you) the right to mess with MY code? LMAO...

Fuck open source. Why would I - get this - WILLINGLY give YOU (yes, you) the right to mess with MY code? LMAO, I'm not a fucking idiot.

First off, my code is better than 99.9% garbage produced by meme programmers. Why would I let your shit style and shit logic taint my otherwise angelic code?

Secondly, how the FUCK do you expect me to make money if I open source shit? Even if I offer it for cheap, some asshole will just take it and offer it for free instead. Do you want me to live on donations or what? You sick fucks.

And lastly, a program is a product. When you buy a boat, do you fucking alter the way it works? When you purchase a toaster, do you change the way it fucking operates? Do you even care? Why are you autistic about source being closed? Are you so fucking paranoid? You think my code is spying on you? LMAO, as if it's fucking hard to disprove that. Disassembly exists. Packet sniffers exist. Antivirus software exists. And it's not like open source software can't contain viruses, and how would you know anyway, you NEVER check the fucking source code anyway.

tl;dr Open source fags can suck my balls, you're all a bunch of hypocrites. And your beards probably contain pieces of pasta you ate yesterday so what the fuck does your opinion matter.

Attached: middle-finger.jpg (350x350, 19K)

Mediocre bait, 4/10 made me reply

The code. Hand it over, now.

Attached: F03AF234-04C9-4B12-B654-9C4357456BA2.jpg (1280x1920, 296K)

I'm perennially amused by people who think that the viability of their business model is somehow my problem.

got me an arouse you deserve my reply

>When you buy a boat, do you fucking alter the way it works?
Try me.

>When you buy a boat, do you fucking alter the way it works?
Of course I fucking do, like almost everything I buy. Don't you?

Attached: TATARKA — АЛТЫН _ ALTYN-lwUQlkAUQDI.mkv_20180327_002339.752.jpg (1920x1080, 428K)

Right, I'm sure you've modded all of the following:
>your dildo
>your TV screen
>your 3 monitors
>your smartphone
>your processor
>your stove
>your microwave
>your car
>your desk lamp
>your chair
>your lawn mower
>your hiking boots
>your book on ancient homoeroticism

>your TV screen
>your smartphone
>your car
>your desk lamp
>your chair
Yes

>your 3 monitors
Only my laptop monitor

>your microwave
>your processor
>your stove
>your hiking boots
No

>your lawn mower
>your dildo
Don't own those

this should be stickied t b h

>it's an 'open source software is always safe and i don't have to personally read and understand the source because someone else already probably maybe audited it and i also don't have to compile it myself because the compiled releases on github probably maybe are definitely using the public source code' episode

Attached: rofl.jpg (343x218, 64K)

The program being open-source doesn't guarantee safety, but it's a prerequisite for it. Source is a necessary but not sufficient condition. This is, however, enough to dump closed-source programs in the bin, since they don't meet that necessary condition of being trustworthy.

So just throw out your processor, GPU, ram, motherboard, and the PSU through the window since those are all closed source and proprietary and by your definition not trustworthy.

Matrix Open Source when?

>a commercial product by a public multi billion dollar company that has to keep their customers satisfied in order to keep making money and can actually be held accountable for malicious releases and is subject to possible class action lawsuits is less trustworthy than the unaudited open source software by some random unknown no name developer that only has to fear losing a throwaway github account and an online pseudonym, both of which can be recreated at any time for free

Attached: lol.jpg (240x251, 24K)

If your programs have logic of toaster they're really not a good programs.

Also open hardware toaster with smart components is great idea.

What so amazing have you programmed?

Program can be audited atleast.

Literally and unironically this. Open source fags have deteriorated their brains to such an extent they don't even understand this simple mechanism by which proprietary software maintains it's fucking high end status.

Yes, I'll trust a huge ass company any day over a group of hippies pushing random comits during school lunch breaks.

By whom? Will you audit it? Oh, you won't, eh? You just ASSUME someone will, is that is? GREAT PLAN, DOC

Attached: avgn.jpg (600x338, 143K)

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you proprietary slave? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class at Harvard, and I’ve been involved in numerous free software projects, and I have contributed to over 300 core-utils for GNU. I am skilled in Lisp and I’m St. IGNU-cius, saint of the Church of Emacs. You are nothing to me but just another unethical non-free software advocate. I will distribute the fuck out of your source code with freedom the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit about me and the GPL on the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my colleagues at FSF and your binaries are being reversed engineered right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your copyright. You're fucking dead, kid. Free software can be anywhere, anytime, and it can ensure your freedom in over four ways, and that’s just with the GPLv2. Not only am I extensively skilled at C hacking, but I have access to the source of the entire GNU userland and core-utils and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable proprietary code off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what ethical retribution your little “clever” program was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have ensured your users' freedom. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit free as in freedom all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Attached: rms-disgust.jpg (585x600, 59K)

Actually yes. Since the closed-source model lets you just not care almost all of the time. You're doing something underhanded? Either they can't find out at all, or if they do, they can't do anything about it, since it's not like they can just patch the thing out and recompile.

Also commercial closed-source developers produce much, MUCH shoddier code than open-source developers. Nobody from outside the company will ever come along, see the source, and say, "What the hell guys, that's a load of shit!" They don't care about code quality unless it gets so visibly bad to an end user that it loses them sales. They're fine with any old shit, so long as it sells, and they'll make more profit on those sales if they don't bother devoting dev time to fixing problems.

the only reason i care about open source software is because it's free to download and free to use.

Attached: t.png (560x407, 20K)

Same things happens with open source projects. Everyone prefers features to perfect code at some point or another.

where can i buy one of these? :)

PSU and RAM doesn't execute any code. Though anything that does indeed aren't trustworthy (All those Intel exploits, IME and its AMD equivalent, builtin UEFI backdoors). The difference is that with hardware we don't have any alternatives because everything is patented and the market is locked down so we have to take that cok up our ass no matter what.

With software we still have a choice though.

>Free software can be anywhere, anytime, and it can ensure your freedom in over four ways, and that’s just with the GPLv2

Attached: laugh-milk.gif (285x235, 739K)

Now this is ebin bait. How long did you work on this? Don't you got better things to do?

The designs are still proprietary, and so are all of the components. You literally void your warranty if you poke in there.

question what is recognized as proprietary code what if I reverse engineer free open source code and sell it as my own

it wouldnt be the same but it would be similar

Who said anything about BUYING your software?
You will NEVER escape piracy. If it's software, it can (and probably will) be pirated.
/thread

As a software developer, I welcome piracy. It is THE best way to spread word. Actually the moment your software is available on piratebay, it's sort of a badge of honor.

Worked well with Wangblows, didn't it?

based and redpilled

Yes, Windows is a superior OS to Linux in pretty much all aspects. Consider this: every software you can run on Linux, I can run on Windows. The reverse isn't true. Not to mention Windows is far more stable as a desktop system because it's designed to be used by all people, and not an exclusive club of smug elitists.

>every software you can run on Linux, I can run on Windows
Wrong. Open up a WSL prompt and type "lsblk" and tell me what happens.
>all aspects
Except the ones about being spied on and not having shitty mobile games forced down your throat.
Oh, and being stable. There's a reason Linux is the biggest server OS, and the reason it's on the rise on the desktop.
>smug elitists
Your only experience with Linux is either here or on the Arch bbs.

I guess you haven't been using linux for long. Good user-is operating systems like Linux Mint are extremely stable and half of the tools I use aren't available on winbot

>Wrong. Open up a WSL prompt and type "lsblk" and tell me what happens.
>What is Linux subsystem for Windows
>What is cygwin

>Except the ones about being spied on and not having shitty mobile games forced down your throat.
Literally not an issue unless you are autistic. Which you are, so I guess I can understand that.

>Oh, and being stable. There's a reason Linux is the biggest server OS, and the reason it's on the rise on the desktop.
I said desktop. I know Linux is used for fucking servers, it's where it shines and it's where it belongs. Its use on desktop is a huge meme. Try running some professional tools that actual professionals use. You know, like Photoshop, or AutoCAD, or any of the myriad of audio tools and DAWs. Heck, find me an industrial CNC controller that runs fucking Linux and is not outdated fucking garbage that looks like a 1997 program with less features than MS fucking paint.

>Your only experience with Linux is either here or on the Arch bbs.
I mean, there are casual Linux users. It's just that after a while they degrade into elitists.

>Cygwin
Might as well allow Linux users to use wine as an argument.

Muh professional tools. I fucking hate that argument. Just because you pirate software and make shitty memes with it doesn't make you a professional. Your work should provide you a computer to use all of that with. People argue that Linux is a good home system (and some work places, like mine, use it a lot for developing). I can tell you're 14 years old or a wannabe game dev

WSL is the Linux subsystem you mong. It's a half broken underperforming pile of garbage

Also spying and shitty mobile games is not an issue? How much of a bootlicker can you be?

>he thinks hes important enough to be spied on
And you refuse to be called elitist. LOL

>Thinking spying is ok as long as you're not important
Kys bootlicker

I doubt your code is any better than the code in any average open source project. For some reason people often get inflated ideas of how good they are.

t. shitty programmer

The only real reason to conceal your code is because it's goddamn horrible mess. You probably haven't even heard of a style guide.

>Good coders work for free

t. Freetard

China appreciates your contribution to their technological advance!

I'm opposed to open source because it devalues programming labor. If you are programmer then you could have been making anywhere from 2-3 times as much salary in a world where open source did not exist. What's amazing is that this applies regardless of whether tou make 40k or 400k. The impact of open source on wages in the industry is unparalleled.

This, same with women in the workforce

>Yes, I'll trust a huge ass company any day over a group of hippies pushing random comits during school lunch breaks.
You mean a huge company like Google, Canonical or Red Hat?

Good coders get paid to develop open source software.

>49 posts in and people are still replying seriously

Attached: tekthebeit.gif (480x360, 1.61M)

Casual linuxmint user here. Its comfy.

>First off, my code is better than 99.9% garbage produced by meme programmers. Why would I let your shit style and shit logic taint my otherwise angelic code?

Proof of this or you're just larping.

>When you buy a boat
Don't buy a boat. Boats and beauty are best rented, not owned.

Closed source software is generally bloated as fuck for some reason.
And gets even worse when the company gets bought by another company that then decides to add even more bloat to it.
In some cases is so bad, consumer companies end up just paying people to improve open source shit, because the commercial solution is an unusable mammoth.
Blender for example is getting a LOT of support because autodesk turned all the other 3D modelling software into shit.

Pajeet, apply for Microsoft if you want your artisan code to be private.

>Mediocre bait, 4/10 made me reply

Yeah pretty much this.