R8 my guts Jow Forums

r8 my guts Jow Forums

Attached: 20958023850.jpg (2738x2514, 2.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

asrock.com/mb/Intel/B75 Pro3-M/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Trash and sage, shit actually looks bad. Kys

missing a panel.

pretty good PC, I just hope you know how to remove the botnet features from Windows 10.

spaghetti/10

I leave it off to help air circulation

Cozy I guess

I haven't done any permanent removals like editing the reg or anything but I've gone through all the default settings and turned everything I possibly can off

there is literally no reason to keep your case closed unless you have pets in the house that would stick their paws into your PC. let that air flow.

there is absolutely nothing "permanent" about the registry, retard. it's a shame that nice PC is getting constantly fucked by the botnet. you probably haven't even looked at the task scheduler or group policies either. you're probably even using W10 Home instead of Enterprise. Enterprise alows you to disable more of the spyware.

>have cheap msi x58 board
>chipset overheats without semi-direct airflow
>side panel has fan blowing at it

wow sorry i triggered you user, I'm just a simple guy

mATX is smart people's form factor so congrats for using that
your pc however doesn't look great imo
also guts thread?

Attached: autism box.jpg (3264x2448, 1.73M)

Go with fishing line instead of stack of tiny heatsinks?

yeah I should do that at some point
didn't exactly do this with a serious mindset

It's cute tho
Love the Noctuas on the GPU, that's one of the best things you can do with air cooling for a GPU

I would have went with a higher quality PSU but other than that good.

Attached: 1493331884688.jpg (480x359, 28K)

Airflow and noise.

>noise
putting the panel on my case doesn't reduce the noise at all, if anything it makes it noisier by reducing airflow and raising temps.

Does your case tip over often, with that PSU on top?

Attached: 1537197327761.jpg (645x729, 43K)

>if anything it makes it noisier by reducing airflow and raising temps.
No, you LOOSE airflow without a side panel. Airflow only works properly if there is negative or positive pressure.

just ignore, it's pointless trying to explain things to 15 year olds

> cheap ass psu
> stock leafblower cooler
> terrible wiring
> 2.5" hdd?
> single RGB case fan
ew put the panel on and forget about the internals

>loose
and rejected

not in my case, when I put the side panel on the CPU temp raises by about 5 degrees. I've tested it many times.

>cxm
>cheap ass

Attached: 1536300346013.png (535x511, 384K)

>mATX is smart people's form factor
uhm.. no. it's not. mATX gives you something between one and zero PCIe slots beyond the 16x slot of the GPU. Your case is a prime example. One day you find that you want to install some PCIe card, perhaps a 10gig network card or wireless network card or sound card or SATA controller card or whatever. You can't because you went with mATX.

This may not be a problem for you now, and it may not be a problem a year from now and it may, in fact, never be a problem for you. It could be a non-issue. But it's like buying one of those shitty "modern" cases with just two HDD trays, that's all good as long as you only have one HDD or two HDDs but if you have two HDDs and want a third you've got a problem.

This become somewhat of a rant.. but anyway, I don't buy mATX unless I absolutely need/want the form-factor - because I've always come to regret it down the road.

file related, it's my HTPC. With mATX. I wanted a small square case so I went with mATX. but it's not something I recommend as a first choice.

Attached: htpc-fractal-node-case-VID_20180915_061226.webm (1280x720, 1.73M)

I, too, am a Noctua fanboy.

Attached: IMG_20180925_073153.jpg (2976x1674, 1.11M)

>mATX gives you something between one and zero PCIe slots beyond the 16x slot of the GPU
uhm.. no. its doesn't.
kys
also
>rgb ram
>side window
>case lighting
kys

Attached: DSC01220.jpg (1200x800, 687K)

corsair's CX series is their budget line. it probably won't catch fire but as far as PSUs go it isn't fantastic, but I haven't been keeping up with computer hardware so maybe the quality has improved since I was building computers.

>uhm.. no. it's not. mATX gives you something between one and zero PCIe slots beyond the 16x slot of the GPU. Your case is a prime example. One day you find that you want to install some PCIe card, perhaps a 10gig network card or wireless network card or sound card or SATA controller card or whatever. You can't because you went with mATX.
we're not in 1995 anymore, 90% of users are never going to install a second pcie card.

nobody uses 3.5 slots cards
out of 5, with any sort of reasonable gpu you do get at least a free slot
also while I like the form factor, it doesn't actually have the good cases it deserves so my post was really just a baseless claim, a taunt for giggles

>noctua fanboy
>not into poo colors
you and I, sir, won't be able to understand each other

AND THOSE USERS WHO DON'T INSTALL PCIE CARDS ARE FUCKING NORMIES GET OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEE I NEED MORE USB PORTS

My last computer had all the brown ones, but it didn't look very good.

This new PC I built with looks in mind. I had to go with the black ones.

Attached: IMG_20171129_101505.jpg (2976x1674, 1.27M)

>noctua fanboy
>cares about looks
piss off poser

from that previous photo you seem to have some pretty good external audio gear
why the SB card?

>ever going to install a second pcie card
yes? go on?

>uses 3.5 slots cards
>3.5 slots cards
>slots cards
what did she mean by this

this looks really nice - but are you absolutely sure that second slot is 16x when the first one's populated? if you are then it's all good but it'd be a shame if it's one of those boards that turn the second one into a 8x or 4x if the first one's populated (even if there's just a 1x card there).

Attached: VID_20180928_162858-10s.webm (1920x1080, 864K)

I had a Schiit Modi, but it crapped out. 99% of my music listening is done on my PC, so I figured I'd go for a nice sound card. This one really is fantastic.

M8, if I'm shelling out all that money for a Threadripper build, it damn well better look nice.

Yep, it's 16x. This board has 2 16x, 2 8x, and 1 8x PCI-e 2.0.

Good ol' x399 has PCI-e lanes for days.

asrock.com/mb/Intel/B75 Pro3-M/
>- 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 slot (PCIE1: x16 mode)
>- 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot (PCIE2: x4 mode)
That's 2 in total. Enlighten us on your math skills, how many PCIe slots do you have left when you have 2 in total and one of those is populated? Between 0 and 1? 3? 5? do tell

smug cucks like you are who i hate the most

Attached: msi-b450m-mortar-2-800x800.jpg (800x800, 70K)

> MOAR HARD DRIVES
> HARDWARE RAID BECAUSE I'M A *TIPS* PROSUMER
> SOUND CARD BECAUSE AN EXTERNAL DAC/AMP ISN'T NOISY OR RGB ENOUGH
a niche networking card or maybe usb type c/3.1 if you don't mind having the port at the back of the computer I might understand, but we're far beyond the era of needing modularity to keep up with rapidly advancing hardware as in the 90s and early 00s

>I NEED MORE USB PORTS
for what purpose

>Pentium 166MHz (non-MMX)
>Totem TM-586TX4
>400W ATX PSU
>3.2GB HDD
>ATI Rage II+DVD PCI
>RTL8139D NIC
>SB16 CT2770
>Win98SE
Runs fine, although I might install 98lite to trim it down further enough to leave HTML intact, but eradicate IE and switch to Opera 9.2.

Attached: 42596867_1358157317653949_3346591616000327680_n.jpg (539x960, 95K)

>Noctua fanboy.
Brown ones are always better, colored ones are always a generation behind.

Threadripper? Looks like a gayming build though, makes no sense.

>mATX gives you something between one and zero PCIe slots beyond the 16x slot of the GPU.
I have two x16 PCIe slots, one x4 and one x1. But what do you hope from someone who can't tell make the difference between x16 and 16x.

90% gaming, 5% video editing, 5% betting on future games being more heavily threaded. With Intel throwing more cores at their CPUs, I think that may turn out to be the case.

I kinda wish that computers didn't keep getting faster like they do.
I feel like it encourages developers to write shittier and shittier code, since resources are "infinite".

We will have to wait and see.

>we could have stayed with xbox360 era gfx and just used 16 threads and 32gb of ram to load entire worlds

That's not even it, a medicorne graphic card or CPU will barely hit 50% when running a modern game with everything cranked up because bad developers and console ports, only way to get it to use more is to just crank up the resolution and unlimit the framerate.

Motherboard looks like Manhattan.

I think here after 7nm we will see the end of speed improvements from die shrinks.
I'm sure there will be process and pipeline improvements to get better IPC and clock speeds, but if we hit the single thread limit of silicon, developers are going to have to start being conscious of bloat, since CPUs won't be 30% faster in 4 years to make up for it.

Hell, it's really slowed down since the 90s.
In 1990, you'd have a pretty good machine with a 35Mhz i486, 6MB RAM, 50MB HDD, no real such thing as a 3d graphics card. By 1998, a high end machine would be something like a 500Mhz K-6, 64 MB of RAM, a Voodoo 2 gfx card, and 6GB HDD. The difference was astounding.

Compare a good 2010 PC with a good PC today. HD 6870, Core 2 Quad @ 3Ghz, 6 GB of RAM, and a 1TB disk. That PC would do anything today but play the latest games above medium quality on 1080p.
The yearly performance leap is going to keep getting smaller and smaller, to the point where you'll be buying a computer and looking at keeping it for the next 10 years.

is that a PALLAS and MORPHEUS matching set of coolers.?

shame the case fan isnt noctua... oh well you tried.

while certainly it looks neat and tidy and possibly even having better cooling, it robs you of options in terms of motherboards, cpus vs just getting a AVX motherboard and case.
Do you disagree?

Attached: DSC_7499.jpg (1500x1496, 1.84M)

why are you like this