Kubuntu or KDE neon, which one is better and why?

Kubuntu or KDE neon, which one is better and why?

Attached: kubuntuBB.png (1026x580, 444K)

Other urls found in this thread:

neon.kde.org/
neon.kde.org/download
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kubuntu is more stable and better updated.

Gentoo is the best KDE distro

openpepe

I run kubuntu on all of my desktop loonix'

Kubuntu minimal install plus kubuntu-backports is bae.

>a distro or a desktop environment?
I don't know OP, sounds like you're asking if I want a functioning OS or a set of packages.

Dumbfuck.

Did you post this from the KDE Neon distro?

Please tell me you're not actually this retarded
neon.kde.org/

>Now rebased on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
I don't think so, no.

From their FAQ:
>Is this "the KDE distro"?
>Nope. KDE believes it is important to work with many distributions, as each brings unique value and expertise for their respective users. This is one project out of hundreds from KDE.

Also:
>Is it a distro?
>Not quite, it's a package archive with the latest KDE software on top of a stable base. While we have installable images, unlike full Linux distributions we're only interested in KDE software.

Have been using KDE Neon for 14 months and never had any issues with it. Just updated to 18.04 and all of a suddenly there are all kinds of problems. Lag, random crashes etc, dafuq?

ok user, I had lots of problems with 32b libraries on KDE Neon. besides that, it's really nice

Wat nao? OpenPEPE or Kubuntu?

It's basically Ubuntu LTS with a newer KDE Plasma on top via custom repos, so it's the same as many other Ubuntu-based "distros".

Install Windows 10 Enterprise

Kubuntu is Ubuntu with KDE Plasma. KDE Neon is KDE Plasma on Ubuntu. KDE Plasma gets updates to KDE apps more frequently, Kubuntu is an official Ubuntu flavour.

good ole venerable debian stable kde

I like KDE Neon but right at the moment it's still based on 16.04 so you get older applications besides the KDE ones.

Kubuntu is ok I guess for right now but you don't get the latest KDE, you're stuck with the version of KDE that comes with the release.

Once KDE Neon releases ISOs with 18.04 base then I unequivocally support KDE Neon over Kubuntu. It's possible to update KDE Neon to 18.04 but it's sort of experimental, worked fine when I did it though.

Sabayon KDE.

Why use KDE over XFCE?

No.

It's already released. Go grab the ISO, it's based on Ubuntu 18.04 neon.kde.org/download

HardenedBSD and KDE.

oh then yeah KDE Neon all the way

wasn't aware they changed the base, was still 16.04 when i installed it a couple weeks ago

Kubuntu is beautiful once riced.

Attached: kdeisbestde.png (1366x768, 1.54M)

this

Neither. KDE is shit because of absolute dogshit defaults and the KDE wallet trash.

By their definition half the distros aren't distros simply because they're just using a base+DE.

Put Kubuntu on my mum's laptop, no problems even though she's shit with computers, no crashes whatsoever.

based

Attached: 1519231399202.png (600x500, 79K)

It looks like fagOS screenshot without decorations.

my niggas

Attached: openPEPE.png (602x500, 43K)

You don't need to use kwallet, just type blank passwords when asked or disable it from systemsettings.

Enjoy your >8hour updates.

I'm not using a Core 2 Duo. Meanwhile, you get to enjoy having unoptimized packages and no USE flags.

It has a much nicer feel to it. I switched to KDE on a whim recently after years of xfce and the difference is really night and day.

I'll use xfce on older stuff, but on any newer computer KDE will be my go to from now on.

Memejaro KDE

KDE and Kubuntu are bloated sacks of shit.

>systemd

>fag

This, except if you're triggered by systemd in which case gentoo or devuan.

Attached: chen_we_can_believe_in_by_wtfuguys-d4wvb57.jpg (580x680, 197K)

Well I did tell him to install Gentoo

It's much nicer

Attached: kderice.jpg (1366x2304, 890K)

Not bad, Why are you a corelet though?

Kubuntu = Ubuntu LTS + KDE LTS
KDE neon = Ubuntu LTS + rolling release KDE

Which is better depends on what you want.

KDE is honestly one of the more lightweight full-featured DEs these days. Especially since GNOME started rewriting everything in JavaScript with a single-threaded bottleneck process.

>KDE wallet trash.
Wallet is a cool brother, didn't even want a password and just works in the background, not asking me shit.

That isn't needed anymore, it defaults to policykit and if you use autologin it asks for the user password for security.

Should I go to kubuntu for stability?
Or should I stay KDE NEON and stay bleeding edge

Neon is great as long as you stick to KDE software. I have had a number of occasions where I've hit dependency hell trying to install shit, for example installing pcsx2 fails because neon doesn't supply 32bit versions of their packages.
If you want KDE on an ubuntu base I'd say Kubuntu is the better option, if you really want/need the newer versions of KDE you can always use backports and the non-lts releases. Or use openPEPE.

CloverOS KDE

Attached: 906c8c8ba69a373602ff8c4eff2bf3942c6fa057d1da4affa6904fdba31f9747.png (1366x768, 748K)

Attached: 0add424bcdd618ad97ee8279cf0db2e556a6f50fa648bf30c2a319138afbcbb8.png (1024x768, 95K)

Attached: 05140a79b571722ff931b2f527975cb9f8e12d5278837d108588751c6d10ea0a.png (1920x1080, 220K)

Attached: 50d650535d48e528d2584529568415adc99c77a6bab2782afb4bf11a15599cdc.png (1366x768, 511K)

Install Xubuntu

What substantial benefits does 18.04 have over 16.04?

why? had both, kubuntu worked from the box, had loads of bugs with xubuntu and its uglier

you can make windows look like KDE, so what's the point of running linux?

Attached: Screenshot_20180929_002500.jpg (1920x1080, 159K)

>had loads of bugs
Come on user. That's bullshit. And you know it.
Ugly yes. But efficient. productivity>beauty

Getting rid of all Microsoft bloatware and shitty services. Like Cortana and it's botnet.

Btw, your start logo is kinda fucked up.

KDE makes any system comfy

Attached: 1538100040072.jpg (3840x1080, 1.48M)

I've tried kubuntu many times before, and was always left hanging. Neon is mostly stable, few bugs, and much much better.

>all these stockholm syndrome Kubuntu retards
Use neon desu. KDE Neon User Edition is just as stable as any other distro, but I get KDE updates before anyone else, while keeping the stability and support of the ubuntu/debian core. Wayland w/ plasma kicks ass and runs perfectly with my 1050Ti.

Rolling releases are fucking great. No more hour-long updates where your computer is completely useless and then shit breaks because it all changes at once. I have been using Neon for months and have never had even the slightest issue after an update. It's more stable and reliable than ubuntu ever was, for me at least.

dude, 16.04 was Pure dogshit, yes. but 18.04 works great. also:
>32bit libraries