>22nm

>tomshardware.com/news/intel-14nm-shortage-h310c,37819.html

Uh oh

Attached: 22.png (188x268, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=power9-epyc-xeon&num=1
investors.cray.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=98390&p=irol-newsarticle&ID=2343215
azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-the-new-hb-and-hc-azure-vm-sizes-for-hpc/
pcworld.com/article/3273556/components-processors/intels-first-10nm-cannon-lake-chip-is-a-core-i3-for-notebooks.html
zdnet.com/article/cray-and-amd-epyc-join-forces-for-new-supercomputer-product-line/
theregister.co.uk/2018/05/31/cisco_ucs_uses_amd_for_first_time_in_c4200_platform/
amd.com/en/press-releases/new-hpe-gen10-2018jun05
azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/a-crazy-amount-of-new-azure-infrastructure-announcements/
top500.org/lists/2018/06/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>10nm delayed to 2021
>old 14nm tooling exploded while trying for 14nm++++
>revert to 22nm
Ohnonononononono

>old 14nm tooling exploded while trying for 14nm++++
This never happened... why would you literally make shit up?

This cannot continue.

Attached: 1508807671226.gif (540x360, 598K)

DELID DIS

Yea they just randomly decided to ship less in-demand chips because they felt bad for making money

well ram prices are down atleast
jesus

I have something for you intels

Attached: 1529277267829.png (600x842, 142K)

They're shipping less CPUs because they moved all their chipset production AND have Apple's LTE modems on 14nm.
They can't just magic more 14nm fabs into existence and they couldn't simply not release the chipset they needed for the new platforms nor renege on the billion dollar deal with Apple.

Intel has fucked themselves this is not an issue of tooling being unavailable or broken, just they they overbooked their fabs because they expected CPUs to be on 10nm by now.

AHAHAHAHAH

based and redpilled

OH NO NO NO

Attached: 1532254735130.png (1200x792, 112K)

NOOOOOOOO

Attached: 12562236.png (234x216, 10K)

the fuck.......

22nm........

Please Intel bros, tell me it is going to be alright.

Attached: 0000000002.jpg (638x599, 123K)

Who gives a fuck about the chipset nm?
For fucks sake you people are retarded

And yet they perform just as good as the 14nm. Intel does it again, amd Btfo

/v/ pls go and stay go.

Welcome to Jow Forums, land of autism and consumer shills. There are people who seriously compare cpus of different archs based on clock speed on this board.

>chipsets don't matter

Another one for the list

AMD shill please fuck off.

>chipset lithography doesn't matter

IBM makes cpus of larger die size that outperform both AMD and Intel in raw performance.

Fuck I can't believe people are clamoring for Intel to such a degree that they can't keep em on the shelves!

Oh no they are focusing on Xeon and Core??? But if needed and my 80 dollar could budget? Thank God for based AMD and their Walmart processors.

Attached: th (2).jpg (474x632, 66K)

kek

Attached: 00000000000000003.jpg (450x450, 38K)

Sorry intellet, POWER9 is 14nm.

This list is getting too fucking big

Nah /v/ should be fucking rangebanned from Jow Forums, you're pure cancer and deserve extermination.

>But if needed and my 80 dollar could budget?

What did this retarded macaco mean by this?

Attached: 1514749077799.jpg (1000x967, 56K)

Fuck off Ryan you fat sack of shit

>bigger die has better performance

woah

here's power9 losing by every single metric though

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=power9-epyc-xeon&num=1

Fucking owned

Attached: 014.jpg (413x395, 18K)

>talos
>workstation vs server chips

Try harder Intel shill

AMD consumer shills deserve a permaban. The only feature comparable across architectures is IPC.

he might be right, you know.
Intel should know their demand on 14nm waffles and their capability of producing or not 10nm or enough 14nm waffles. On top of that they should be able to calculate precisely what supply and demand they have.
It seems like they have been caught off guard by this and they didn't even manage to hire another foundry to make their staff.

nobody cares about that slightly modified Xbox 360 processor

Struck a nerve. Found the APU owner.

Attached: 1488401076292.gif (250x210, 1.27M)

chipsets tend to be on a larger transistor nanoscale anyway. often two apart not so long ago (45nm w/ 90nm NB, if I’m not mistaken).

the difference here is the supposed availability of 14nm subsets and the expectation of a needlessly leaner (die-shrunk and virtually unchanged )chipset permits sweet fuck all extra because extra SATA ports are hard and so is up-to-date I/O.

Everyone below this post is underage.

Everyone above this post is underage.

Any idea what the price difference would be between the systems? Without price, we don't exactly have the full picture.

Intel COULD hire TSCM to make their chips, but naturally refuses to.

Price is pointless when you want performance which is why you buy Xeon always.

Xeon are pathetic when compared to EPYC, are you retarded?

>Multi-core doesn't matter!
>Productivity doesn't matter!
>Price/performance doesn't matter!
>Performance per watt doesn't matter!
>Power usage doesn't matter!
>Temperatures don't matter!
>Soldered dies don't matter!
>Stutters don't matter!
>Streaming doesn't matter!
>Data centers don't matter!
>Locked CPUs don't matter!
>OEMs don't matter!
>Hyperscalers don't matter!
>Upgradeability doesn't matter!
>Anti-competitive business practices don't matter!
>Locked platform features don't matter!
>Synthetic loads don't matter!
>PCI-e lanes don't matter!
>Burnt pins don't matter!
>Heat doesn't matter!
>1771w cooler doesn't matter!
>Server space doesn't matter!
>ECC support doesn't matter!
>Free RAID doesn't matter!
>NVMe RAID doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>IPC doesn't matter!
>*NEW* 7nm doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>HEDT doesn't matter!
>Stock coolers don't matter!
>Security doesn't matter!
>*NEW* VMware doesn't matter!
>*NEW* MySQL doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Unix doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Linux doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Waffer yields don't matter!
>*NEW* Enterprise doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Games don't always matter!
>*NEW* Hyperthreading doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Benchmarks after full patches don't matter!
>*NEW* Asian markets don't matter!
>*NEW* Own fabrics don’t matter
>*NEW* Chipset lithography doesn't matter

AMD is a company without consistency or support. You buy Intel and IBM when you're in the real world.

This

Attached: 1533927152469.png (1183x622, 1.55M)

This

Attached: 1537999514538.png (600x600, 217K)

they are still inexcusable for not foreseeing their 14nm demand and not converting their 22nm fabs into 14nm.
If I were at intel i'd ask
>hey, faggets, can we handle the new 9000 series, plus making applel's underperforming modems, plus chipsets, plus nand production, plus fpgas, plus igps?
and someone should answer
>yes we can.
or
>no we can't
intel has been caught off guard by their own waffle division.
I could excuse AMD or novidia for messing a deal or two with gf or tsmc, but fucking intel messing up their own capacity which they have total control of... this is preposterous

intel is consistently shit and the only extra support you get is from the state in disability payments when you buy them

t. Buttmad amd meet shill

>consistency and support
>has a fuckton more security vulnerabilities
>and not retarded made-up ones where someone needs physical access to the system for like half an hour

I sure love this 90's era style FuD from the shilltel crowd.

That's still not the root cause. The real issue is Intel has totally botched 10nm. If not for that they wouldn't have excess 14nm demand.

Meanwhile TSMC is CURRENTLY mass producing 7nm chips. Intel has really screwed the pooch this time.

>Cray debuts EPYC
investors.cray.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=98390&p=irol-newsarticle&ID=2343215

>Microsoft azure Introducing the new HB and HC Azure VM sizes for HPC on EPYC
>"The AMD EPYC platform provides more than 260 GB/sec of memory bandwidth, which is 33 percent faster than x86 alternatives and 2.5x faster than what most HPC customers have in their datacenters today."
azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-the-new-hb-and-hc-azure-vm-sizes-for-hpc/

Just two big players, nothing personal faggots

Attached: 02.jpg (600x536, 77K)

>intel botched 10nm so bad they can't even keep supporting 14nm and are forced back to 22nm
>"b-but people will keep buying intel anyway! they're that much better!"

Keep dreaming, kiddos. Go back to your 500 FPS CS:GO benchmarks.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken - 09 [720p].mkv_snapshot_02.42_[2018. (1280x720, 135K)

There are fans that have already made 5nm chips and that was years ago. AMD and Intel are decades behind. Even phone companies like samshit beat them to 7nm.

You think you can count on Pooz to provide long-term industrial scale support for mission critical outlays?

You know how I can tell your still in high school?

Attached: steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_226605531_preview.jpg (440x551, 122K)

>all this incel poojeet asshurt on Jow Forums cause of this

Attached: 1525792201531.jpg (600x400, 21K)

You know avatarfagging is against the rules, right Mike "Biggest dick in the west" Matei?

AMD had 50% of the market with Opteron in the 2000 era, it will happen again street shitter

>Intel tech support reporting for duty

Attached: 1500026536683.jpg (709x520, 52K)

Intel can barely provide support for their current crop of CPUs, which are full of hardware level vulnerabilities, with more being discovered every week at this point.

/amd/i
/intel/i
/7/i
/10/i

This board just rose in quality by a lot with these four simple filters.

>four simple filters
it seems to me that not only you don't use them, but you are also smapping in those threads.
I think it's time to GTFO.

/GTFO/i
Ah yes.

>The real issue is Intel has totally botched 10nm. If not for that they wouldn't have excess 14nm demand.
dude, I am saying the simplest way possible.
Inteltards should know the state of their 10nm fabs and upgrade their old underutilized 22nm or 32nm fabs to 14nm fabs in order to fit their demand.
They failed even to manage their 14nm production, which is worse than failing an r&d goal.

niggers

>amdfags this mad that Intel is in so demand that they can't keep up

Meanwhile amd is paying people to shill just to sell their cpus lmao

Your team already tried this line, Ranjeep

Fuck off pajeet.

Team Red brand ambassadors are out in force. AMD must of posted work to mturk.

Attached: 1536696374495.png (1000x1000, 148K)

I mean, come on, your bait would be a negro, if we measured its IQ.
At least try harder.

based and redpilled

If all Intel shills were rangebanned I can GUARANTEE you the board quality would improve TENFOLD. A lof of shitposting CPU threads are made by Intel vermin arguing about 265 vs 255 fps in gaming.

Intel has long tradition, experience in processor making. (Intel 4004, 8085)
Intel has way larger R&D budget than AMD.
Intel has aggressive marketing techniques.
Intel processor always have had IPC (Instructions Per Clock) advantage over AMD.
Intel processors offer better single core performance that most programs rely on.
Intel processors are more power efficient. Hence most laptops have them.

Attached: klein-hila-image.jpg (300x300, 18K)

>no u
No wonder your 10nm r&d failed, you can't think for shit

Wait for 165 vs 155 gaymen benchmarks spam.

>ntel has long tradition, experience in processor making.
ahahahaha, nice try faggot.
Intel's first CPU was designed by others... yeh, the 4004, and they got the designs when the others went bankrupt.
Intel came last to introducing bleeding edge technologies in CPU arch, e.g. OoO superscalar designs, FP instructions, they realized last that VLIW leads nowhere outside of DSPs, they didn't even manage to make nUMA multicore CPUs until the first i-core, their shitty ISA got a second life due to AMD, the first company to make the first sub-watt x86 SoC was AMD with cyrix's IPs, they didn't manage to have a CPU-2-CPU bus that didn't cripple I/O performance in multiCPU setups until they copied Opteron's inteconnects from 2005....
the list is endless for this failure of a company.

I can give you laptop power consumption, but this happens because AMD doesn't have a monolithic CPU for laptops.

how will AMD ever recover

Attached: q8gpre6rtxez.png (480x289, 43K)

Where's 10nm, mister infinite money?

>the list is endless for this failure of a company.

211.55 billion USD

45nm when?
That was comfy.

pcworld.com/article/3273556/components-processors/intels-first-10nm-cannon-lake-chip-is-a-core-i3-for-notebooks.html

MAY 16, 2018

I fucking love these

Wew, that's a hell of a punch.

Where can I buy an Intel 10nm CPU for my PC?

Wouldn't NPCs just buy whatever Intel is shoveling out?

Anywhere in 2019, so just be patient cause it's only until 2020, it's not like you have any better alternatives until 2021, so just accept that the best technology will be available in 2030. It doesn't matter anyways, poorfag.

2077 the year of 10nm

>axis doesn't start at zero ; 1 fps difference
jej

>211.55 billion USD
leader in zero markets for the time being.
failed in all their new market penetration attempts the last decade
everyone is switching to AMD, Xilinx, QC, Samsung, e.t.c. instead of Intel.
write down that number, you might want to tell stories about it to your wife's grandchildren.

Attached: intel.jpg (425x247, 21K)

Intel's 22nm performs about the same as AMD 12nm. So it's still a massive step up against competition

my favorite post in this thread

>Year-to-date, generated $13.7 billion in cash from operations, $6.3 billion of free cash flow and returned $8.6 billion to shareholders (dividends of $2.8 billion and share repurchases of $5.8 billion).

Cheerleader NPCs like you will never understand what peak performance looks like.

Attached: 1536697493008.jpg (484x577, 69K)

you forgot
>Cray doesn't matter
zdnet.com/article/cray-and-amd-epyc-join-forces-for-new-supercomputer-product-line/
>Cisco doesn't matter
theregister.co.uk/2018/05/31/cisco_ucs_uses_amd_for_first_time_in_c4200_platform/
>HPE doesn't matter
amd.com/en/press-releases/new-hpe-gen10-2018jun05
>AZURE doesn't matter
azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/a-crazy-amount-of-new-azure-infrastructure-announcements/

we know that intel cares too much about shareholders, instead of products and customers.
fat numbers coming from a decade of zero competition, doesn't mean anything when the company is driven into a cliff.
the difference between me and you is,
that I'd put my money where my opinion is,
but you won't.

top500.org/lists/2018/06/

>Top supercomputer
>2.2m core, less than others in the top 500 list
>less power consumption than others in the top 500 list
>still #1

B A S E D IBM AND THEIR 14 NM

DELET THIS

ITS ALL ABOUT DIE SIZE FUCK PERFORMANCE FUCK YOU

found the 2 inteltards circlejerkings.
they just had an intel moment

>he cares this much about an "underdog" avoiding the finest technology ever produced.

Enjoy your foreign made processors. I'm sure the Asians will be wise and merciful rulers.

Attached: CdSmnTjUAAAwLg9.jpg (738x1200, 125K)