Be babby's first web developer

>Be babby's first web developer
>Know just enough php and sql to get by
>See all the tech companies doing all this awful shit censoring people
>Think: I should make a website that lets people write without censorship
>Actually gets it done
>Ask Jow Forums for help
>They actually fucking help

Get in here bros. The site still needs work. I'm very proud of it. But I can think of many ways it can improve. Recently thanks to a Jow Forums user they helped with getting the article.php page to look a heck of a lot better. Very proud of that.

1stAmender.com

Attached: file.png (1577x570, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=1stamender
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>1stAmender
Shit name user

1stAmender sounds exclusively american while those who actually suffer free speech violations are mostly europeans.

If it gets popular how will you monetize the site to at least cover the running costs?

>Burger news
No thanks.

You were the the redditor shilling his discord in the last thread

Does it have a personals section?

Attached: 1535806440474.png (500x440, 331K)

The idea is when it gets popular I will have a simple ad on every article underneath the banner. The ad is very simple and cannot have scripts inputted into it by design. The idea is to have a simple image inside an anchor tag. It automatically generates and is added in a pool and references tags based on article. No geolocation is pulled to tailor your ad by location.

No I'm on Jow Forums.

Opinion section.

this.

name's total shit. good job, op.

Isn't this the site that banned a black dude for writing that the jews are the enemies of blacks, and that they're trying to turn blacks and whites against each other? This site is shit.

Are prostitution or anonymous gay sex opinions?

What measures are you taking to prevent bots from ruining this endeavor?

I've seen you post this from time to time for at least a month.
Having a site that relies on people being anonymous requires a lot of security, and you being a new developer kinda puts that in danger.
Why not publish the code so we can see for ourselves that you're not allow SQL injections everywhere?

Just out of curiosity, are you guys outside of the USA?

No not me. I would have left that article up.

You can't post something that is considered spam/advertising. It just makes the site look bad and I just remove that content. If you want an ad I can review it and put it as a banner.

Easy to block IP addresses. No biggy. Also easy to block/remove large bits of content with SQL.

Believe it or not I had a pen tester I met here on Jow Forums and we got on discord and he found all kinds of security holes. With his help we ended up plugging up a lot of problems which have since been cleared. I am not saying my site isn't still prone to a hack but I will tackle the problems as they come.

I mean do you see a ton of bots roaming around? Like I said I will roll with the punches as they come along.

Literal 30 year old boomer that keeps shilling his own stupid news website. It's not gonna work, kiddo.
warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=1stamender

legit am just looking for advice. Jow Forums has been monumentally helpful in making it better as time has passed. So I thank everyone for that. I also do post relevant articles to easily share. Anything past 2000 words I throw on 1stAmender so anyone can see it. Makes it easy.

Nice work user(s). Are you using MS github?

No git. I'm just one guy and haven't had a need for it. I have direct access to the development server and just simply send ftp push requests. When I am making a large change I just make a separate page to test until it's working to push to the actual page. I know it's a bit archaic and that github is just much much better, it's just the way I've learned.

implement captcha for posts, or you're going to have a bot problem (you dont have to use a google one)

>ftp
Enjoy getting NSA'd

thankfully I haven't had a bot problem because of the requirement to register. The site hasn't gotten popular enough to force against bots yet. I do plan on having some sort of simple captcha though when it does have this issue.

what?

Congrats m8

Thanks user! Needs more work. I haven't made any money off the site. No biggy though it's not about that. I just want to let people write. Open forum. Period with no exceptions to that fact.

You should totally update the design. The dark theme doesn't seem to work and looks really messy. It might be better if you keep it simple and clean.

If you want your website to succeed its mission, you should consider getting it to look a little more like reddit

Also, images load pretty slowly. Perhaps set up a CDN?

when I make some money I wouldn't mind setting up a cloudflare. Right now I can't use cloudflare because the requirements for the thousands of images + requests will end up requiring a monthly subscription. I make nothing on the site so with time, I can add this.

Also... the dark theme... what the heck. I like that theme! worked hard on it too. I used to have a light theme and people complained it looked too minimalist. So I removed the light theme and made it a dark theme. it got better responses. Also Reddit does have a dark theme. If you mean a list mode I can try that... though honestly haven't had an issue with the mason design right now.

>cloudflare for anonymous website
How do you think this will work? And before you say Jow Forums, this is not anonymous, just nameless.

I mean then wouldn't my site technically work then? What's the issue?

FTP is clear.
inb4 you criticize rsync

Do you know anything about privacy at all? CloudFlare will track your users and give their info to whoever wants it.

>To recap: I am Babby's first Web Dev
So... what does that mean?

Ah yes this was a concern with me as well. Cloudflare was just a suggestion someone gave me. I am not married to that idea. But I want a cloudflare-like platform when the time comes.

>So... what does that mean?
Anyone can read and middleman you when you upload by FTP. Use SFTP or just plain SSH/SCP.

Um. Okay. So, from where exactly is someone able to read my code? It's not like I'm in a coffee shop. I'm at home usually implementing code and there is one person there at that network... and to top it off there is no code I am not willing to show to people with the exception of my database credentials. I thought of this and put the database credentials in an include which then also requires an additional password stored on another include where it has a random serverside string to check. So even if you had the included db connection module you still wouldn't have access because of the additional password checker.

Anyone between you and your server can read your shit, this includes your ISP, every node between and the NSA/CIA/FBI.
There's no excuse not to use SCP/SFTP.

Okay.

Looks gud, but articles are getting burried in the categories. It should show you the newest and most popular ones in the homepage.

The intent of the homepage was to make it so it loads super fast. That meant no pulling from the SQL so it just speeds it up that much faster. Right now I am very happy with the load times and it benefits me a lot more for someone to click a category versus go right to an article if it means my homepage takes 5+ seconds to load due to SQL + PHP pulls.

>what is cache

Like I said in my previous statements I am not making enough money on the site to justify spending a monthly rate on a caching SQL service.

Every time someone makes an article, log it into a file which you can include in your homepage.

Are you using shared hosting on something?

GoDaddy. Yeah I know it's shit and it's a botnet there but it's just easy to setup for now. If some bullshit happens I have the code needed to move it elsewhere just in case.

Thats what the SQL does. I can easily grab the data without an issue from the SQL database. The issue is the render time simply isn't worth if it requires the page 5+ seconds to load. Every SQL query requires a PHP script to connect which takes up most of that bandwidth. Normally to pull up a single article is simple. When it gets into multi-table queries it gets a bit rougher. I just don't want my homepage to take up as little time as possible to load which it does load very fast right now.

You're doing something seriously wrong if that would take anywhere 0.5s to load. Post your code somewhere...

This is my carousel I used to throw into the webpage. The issue may be with the actual bootstrap CSS + Jquery. Rather nasty bit of code that made my site take an additional 2 seconds to load. Not the best result so I removed it and determined it just wasn't worth doing all of that for such a cheap effect + just pull the article.

Attached: file.png (1026x647, 115K)

Well you're running a query for every article in that loop, not to mention the way you print your shit is completely retarded.
Also you shouldn't hardcode domains and protocol.

By the looks of it I'd start over, use a template library or make your own, or at least don't mix PHP and markup like that. Use something like this instead where you fetch the data and then print it, move logic into reusable functions.

Welcome

Congrats, you invented Blogger.

thanks for the advice. Like I said I am still learning and getting better over time.

Competition is fine. I don't mind competition. I want to make sure people have the ability to not be censored is all.

Nice idea OP, but you should probably find another name. Also, how are you going to regulate the inevitable spam that's going to appear if the website gets big?

In regards to the name, and I think this is relevant. Are you in the USA or not?

Second spam question: the idea is to have simple sql queries to be able to delete/block content with the help of multiple libertarian-based moderators. Keep moderation to a minimum but at the same time weeding out stuff that is clear spam.

>In regards to the name, and I think this is relevant. Are you in the USA or not?
Not him, but you said this several times. Why is it relevant?

So every American I talk with they like the name. Yet everyone outside of the USA doesnt' like the name. They think of it as "Onced-amender"

Though in the USA, the 1st Amendment is the amendment that allows freedom of speech. So if you are a supporter of the 1st Amendment, you are a 1stAmender. Thats the idea of the name and I have attempted marketing entirely in the USA.

To digress: To make a compatible European version of it I would need to call it something like: MagnaCartian.com or something haha

Why would you market it to only USA though if you can have all the world

>They think of it as "Onced-amender"
Who are these retards? I'm not American and that didn't ever cross my mind, every fucking person in the world knows about USA's first amendment since they won't shut up about it

90% of Jow Forums is American. Europeans dont browse Jow Forums because they have to post from internet cafes.

Also... in addition to the defense of the name choice... people who refer to it as Onced-amender when they see "1stAmender"

I would like to point you to this graphic here. Is the person who recieves pic related in "once'd" place or "1st place"?

Attached: file.png (574x1024, 650K)

Like others said, USA only would be a waste, kind of.

Make a Chan clone and then ill be interested. Gookmoot is stealing our data, the last thing we need is another news site. We need another image board. Hot wheels betrayed us and so did trannymoot

Unironically these are the posts people threw at me against my name.

I could make it about the world but there is an old philosophy on marketing. You don't target all of it because you end up hitting no targets trying to do it. So it's a good idea when starting out you have a target market. That is why even big giant companies will tailor their product for a region versus the entire world.

Technically anyone anywhere can access the site. It's just the name that is specified and tailored to USA.

Alright m8 this name is just bad. You'll end up polarizing people because they'll smell a "dog whistle". You can't even bring up that the bill of rights exists these days without being called a racist nazi.

How about
openarticles.co
librespeech.co
humanfreedom.co
thefirstfreedom.co
primaryrights.com
freessentials.co
wemuststand.com
antioppression.com
unoppressed.co

Keep the name open to encourage all people who believe speech is the most basic human right to participate.

>every fucking person in the world knows about USA's first amendment since they won't shut up about it.
You better have your shitposting loicense and permit to criticize as well as your international communications writ in order, or the constable is gonna 'ave ya.

Oh no it's YOU again I remember you posting the first time and not actually taking any of the valid advice given to you

So that is something to fight. It gives me even more reason to keep the name. The fact that the 1st Amendment is a spark for debate is completely crazy to me.

I have been taking advice. I took some advice last night and it was great. made the article pages look much much better.

Take a look at the fancy content container just added yesterday.

Attached: file.png (1836x976, 547K)

Not OP, just wanna shill my chon.
https:// kfcnig.ga

Why not
>First Amender Defender

checked

American here
freedom of speech transcends the US constitution. I agree the name is not ideal

>So if you are a supporter of the 1st Amendment, you are a 1stAmender
Cringe

>So every American I talk with they like the name. Yet everyone outside of the USA doesnt' like the name. They think of it as "Onced-amender"
I am Norwegian and read it as First Amender, but I do not like the name because I don't think good names have a number in it, and it also feels a bit pretentious without being able to specify why.

>So if you are a supporter of the 1st Amendment, you are a 1stAmender.
Of course I support the freedom of speech.

>To make a compatible European version of it I would need to call it something like: MagnaCartian.com or something haha
Something based on Magna Carta actually sounds much nicer even for a US-specific context, but I don't see why you wouldn't want the site to be global. You can simply add geographic sections to the site.

After all, if the site is intended to allow people to express their opinions and views without censorship, why not allow people to do so regardless of national origin and the context of the news, by simply adding geographic sections to the site?

You would have to deal with the GDPR though, I guess.

That is bs kek

The name looks like a boolean function at first glance.

>I used to masturbate onto birds at a local park. Not a thing that I'm particularly proud of but I became quite good at it.
So it's Jow Forums but news?

No thanks, ShariaBlue botnet

Not that user but this shit is like http vs https, you won't have any issue making the change and it'll greatly increase the security of what you do with basically zero costs.
It's worrying that you don't give a shit about it and it would make people doubt your product, especially considered the audience you're aiming for.

>No im on Jow Forums
>proceeds to use reddit double spacing
>>>/reddit/

you seriously want every backlink to be attached to the previous one?
how fucking new are you? that's not reddit spacing

CIA honeypot

Frig off

I still don't know why this is a thing. I'm literally posting crap on youtube. What honeypot? I would remove content that violates NAP.

"Reddit spacing" is a fucking meme anyway. People have always used "reddit spacing" on Jow Forums because it's called a paragraph, has been used in literature for hundreds of years and is a perfectly normal way to break up your post.

You can go to the Jow Forums archives and you'll see "reddit spacing" in the year the archive started archiving.

Good work user, this is a good effort and it looks like you're well on your ay to learning how to create a website learning as you go. Good on you for taking an idea you liked and running with it.

The problem you might have is that these sort of "say anything" sites tend to become lightning rods when they attrack people with nowhere else that will accept what they have to say. When that happens people may get offended by some of the content you're hosting and complain to your hostig provider. GoDaddy has a history of terminating accounts that are in violation of its own content policies. As much as you'd like people on your site to be able to say anything they'd like, as long as you're using a hosting provider that uses and enforces such a policy you're subject to obeying it and censoring content lest they terminate your hosting.

If you really want this idea to flourish you need to host the site yourself with a ISP that is on board with you or you need to find a hosting provider that will not enforce this sort of content policy.

I thought of this already. If worst comes to worst I have a full backup of my website. What would happen then is I would register to a new provider and having hosted overseas if push came to shove. I have read the terms of service by go daddy and I am violating none of those terms.

It's less about you specifically being in violation and more about your users causing you to be in violation. Look at Gab. Azure threatened to kick them out unless the removed a few specific posts. Then you either obey and water down your vision or pick up and leave. This could happen years down the line when it's not as easy to migrate.

I mean for comments, you could post infinite comments right now with a bot

we remove content that violates nap. the godaddy terms are very reasonable.

this is true i may have to implement captcha sooner than i think then for that

>What would happen then is I would register to a new provider and having hosted overseas if push came to shove.
Hope you're not using GoDaddy as the domain registrar. They have a fairly terrible reputation when it comes to trying to get them to transfer your domain name to another registrar.

they are accepting and i havr done defederations in the past. a cease and desist is sent and this releases the domain. we have laws in the USA preventing registrar from holding.

>implying they would protect a blog that hosts non-liberal content
They'll put OP in jail for homophobia.

>bots
>Easy to block IP addresses. No biggy.
Been there done that. Soon enough you're blocking half the world and your server gets muddled to shit from having to check each connection against a massive IP list.

A few more messages and you'll get fed notice and DMCA takedowns.

>a cease and desist is sent and this releases the domain.
This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say "terrible reputation". You shouldn't have to threaten them with a lawsuit to get them to complete a transfer.

where is the repo?
upload this to gitlab or something

FTP is highly unsecure and not encrypted at all. Feds probably know the server's credentials by now and could easily put a backdoor in your server revealing everyone's IP addresses and locations. Good job snitch.

The fuck are you quoting me for, brainlet?

respect +1

Attached: Opera Snapshot_2018-09-28_201759_1stamender.com.png (307x287, 91K)

at least get rid of google-analytics and bootstrap

You know, you could've just used WordPress. It's a CMS.

>scripts in header
>claim privacy first and then goes on loading 6 botnets off the bat.
>not even the most basic idea of MVC design

please, where's the repo so we can change this abomination.

>at least get rid of the entire original template design of the site.

Yeah sure thing dude.

Well I can't argue with quints. I hope that the name doesn't discourage people from using the platform, and I wish you the best of luck user.

didn't even realize I had quints lol

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY EYES USE DJANGO

>High level web framework
>subject to Victor Stinner

No thanks. Sorry buddy.

Attached: file.png (300x287, 141K)

yo dawg you need that article post date in the list so i can discard reading old shit and stick to new shit know what i mean?