Redpill me on Mint

Redpill me on Mint

Attached: cinnamon.png (1920x1200, 1.09M)

Its a good distro for normies. Nothing wrong with putting training wheels on a distro for new friends

it's just a slower updating ubuntu, less users, less support

instead you can just install ubuntu minimal/server and slap mate desktop on it

CoC kernel

The red pills cause brain damage.

install gentoo

Attached: 2018-09-28-140417_7680x4320_scrot.jpg (7680x4320, 3.92M)

It's LTS ubuntu with an extra repo for cinnamon and mate gui stuff, some non-free codecs and stuff, and mint-branded version of firefox.

Stop posting this on every thread

Love mint, running it on all my shit.

The cinnamon desktop is great and cinnamon spices make it cool^2

Attached: FRH-Tag-I-put-that-_-On-everything.jpg (324x161, 35K)

Arch flag spotted

It's decent. CentOS or ubuntu for servers, but if you have even mid-range desktop/laptop hardware, Mint will run great.

>fork of a fork of a fork of upstream packages
>still unstable

it has been hacked

be wary or just use another training wheels distro like manjaro, solus, actual ubuntu etc

It’s shit

I thought CloverOS only had boobs wallpapers

>Using cloverOS
>Telling others to install Gentoo
Embarrassing

Attached: image.jpg (272x339, 103K)

i tried it once, it was buggy, shit and badly destined so i went back to kubuntu

compromised five years

Its anti-israel

If it's also anti-palestine then sign me the fuck up, fuck both of them

Post that anime butt.

Newest kubuntu is far much better.

They removed KDE support.

Basically just distro for Windows Refugees.

t. user error

look mom i did it again i shilled my malware

the average Jow Forumstard will say hurr but really its a solid distro that gets shit done and the cinnamon DE does look good

just install xubango man

>redpill me

Your retardation is terminal.

Their website was hacked. Ubuntu websites have been hacked twice. Millions of ubuntu orum users had their info stole.

It's pretty good desu. I used Xubuntu for a long time and decided to try out Mint Xfce. It's honestly a much better desktop experience overall. They have several good tweaks.

Gentoo, nice try tho ubuntufag

Cinnamon is god tier

cinnamon can be installed on any distro, rendering mint useless

A solid distro that Just Works. They take the loose ends Ubuntu/Canonical annoyingly leave untied, tie them, and deliver a consistent and stable usr experience.

Currently running on ThinkPad SL410, Toshiba Tecra A8, Toshiba Tecra A50, Toshiba NB505, HP 15-ba009dx, and an old Dell PC with a Intel NetBurst housefire CPU.

All run perfect except the Tecra A8, which has weird ATI graphics and won't hibe/sleep unless hardware accel is disabled, so performance is very bad. But that's a kernel/driver issue, not Mint.

Big deal, the site was hacked once, so fucking what. The things solid consistent and works. Just Use It! (TM)

It feels like playing a game made by 3 russians in a basement somewhere you can't pronounce unless you're shooting krokodil and chasing it with 83% alcohol. Janky shit.

Been using it since 2012 as my main desktop. Has been a real friend to me. Highly recommended.

That's because it's pulling downstream from a distro that pulls downstream from another distro.

outdated packages

Werks
Quick IRC support
Cinnamon is nice for new people.

>They removed KDE support.

Explain

This.
KDE was the only good thing about Mint.
Install kubuntu.
Or Manjaro KDE.

Last time I tried to suspend or hibernate my notebook using KDE, It would not boot back up, so no thanks

wtf, when did Hinata get such a big sexy ass

Attached: 1520889834333.jpg (655x1200, 82K)

No, it takes that much refinement to un-fuck any of the "baseline" distros enough to make them suitable for people (yea, even computer pros and engineers) for whom computers are primarily tools, not hobbies.

Attached: s-l500.jpg (500x299, 14K)

works on my machine.