How do you stay up to date with websites that don't have an RSS feed?

How do you stay up to date with websites that don't have an RSS feed?

Attached: 172873092-56a6a4703df78cf7728f8b78.jpg (768x516, 42K)

I just don't go on the website, my time is valuable.

Good question, is there any way to force a RSS feed on any site?
Since normies decided that RSS = Evil for no reason, it's been hard to find support from websites

Just go to the website

Email them and ask them to make an RSS feed

it's evil because
>muh site views and ad clicks

/thread

Build a parser that turns it into RSS

What rss reader should I be using? rssowl is deprecated

What the fuck is an RSS feed?

twitter for boomers

Old fuck here. I've known about RSS for years but not in detail. Apparently it's important.

currently it's primary use is for automating torrent downloads, so you can magically download shit as soon as it become available, you just tell it what to watch for

Gotcha.

I script my own scraper or use their own API and create a feed from the data.

I screen scrape twitter and then assemble a rss feed from it, which my rss reader can handle

you can screenscrape with python or php or something

there's also a 'update scanner' extension for firefox/chrome that lets you monitor websites periodically for changes, handy for sites that seldom update like certain software pages

>I screen scrape twitter and then assemble a rss feed from it, which my rss reader can handle
Twitter has RSS feed for every account though

I use spaRSS, it's pretty good

this is behind all those sites that have an RSS feed, but it doesn't show any more than the first sentence, isn't it?

Obviously. But it's still better than browsing their ad ridden home page for news and articles that interest you.

last time i checked it wasnt there

It's not advertised. Look it up how to find the URLs. YouTube channels and even Facebook pages have RSS feeds.

I used to use twitter rss feeds but they dropped them for json feeds, which is still fine except for one thing, you have to sign every request making you definitely tracked.
This is when I stopped using twitter

>you can screenscrape with python
this. BeautifulSoup is amazing