Keeps a log of literally every single thing you send through the application

>keeps a log of literally every single thing you send through the application

Don't mind me, just keep thinking you have privacy when using our product.

Attached: discord.jpg (225x225, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/discord.html
youtu.be/tt6TfKOC9YA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>logged

I just want Discord epikkk forced meme raids to stop.

When will Discord die? I want this thing to stop infesting any video game related thing I'm interested in with its Chinese botnet and meaningless drama.

i actually hate discord

It's literally better to just use IRC or hell even Skype is more secure and slightly less creepy.
God I regret running that glow in the dark shit on my computer but my gay ass friends had to convince me to anyway.

It's probably too late for me, I'll be mugged one day in the street and the kidnapped and forced to take HTR by some creepy pervert then get aids.

I wouldn't be surprised if Discord devs came here to ironically shill for raids.

Probably when when a actually Chinese Chinesebot-net from baidu or however its pronounced shows up. Till then the only way you'll be able to communicate with gaymers is through discord despite steam having a chat integrated, have fun being forced into becoming a tranny and being doxx'd to left wing vigilantes.

Attached: rally 1513013399750.jpg (644x484, 34K)

When zoomers grow up. I hate how it keeps gathering more and more crowds to use the botnet for shit im actually interested in

Not all zoomers but yes it is a problem among their crowd. Thankfully zoomers are really into Mister Metokur which might swayd some away from it.

Maybe just ask them the simple question of how they make their money.

No one wants to use IRC because compared to Discord it's too much work for most people. You can just install discord and that's the max attention spam zoomers have.

Attached: kween.png (720x1280, 297K)

Discord even has a special "tns" (trust and safety) folder about me, with VERY detailled info, and Discord's site doesn't tell me what it is. (so basically, it's spying)
I moved to Rocket.Chat now, and enjoy it. It doesn't sell my info, and it doesn't have this wash of lurking spammers who just come in from raids/links, add your server to one of 70, and then only post a dumb meme every now and then.

aren't they required by EU law to release information about you upon request?

given that i only use it for being a no life gamer i don't really care what they have on me. im already getting fucked by windows and google and whatever else. i don't really see a threat in any of them

Yes, they'll probably release the /reporting/tns/ folder on requests.

everybody ITT needs to get on HRT right now

Gotta keep my precious data safe.

Attached: tfh.jpg (602x602, 43K)

would you?

Attached: creamySteamyDownyThroaty.jpg (600x646, 51K)

can any of you give me proof of what you are saying please

Utilize the power of google-fu my friend.

the only thing I found is that amerifats soon won't be able to sue discord, but I haven't found anything regarding my privacy and I'm too lazy to keep searching

(they have none)

Discord had venture capitalists funding them as they offered a good quality, simple reliable chat service where no one else did. They and took over the market as a result. RaidCall had just gone went down, Skype was too personal, exposed your IP capped the number of people in a call, and had no persistence, Steam still had shittily implemented hard-to-use voice chat, and no one wants to set up or pay for their own TS or Vent server. Discord also works in a browser so requires literally no investment beyond clicking a link.

People were suspicious of where they made their money because of the "if you're not a paying customer you're the product" mantra, but Discord has always been pretty transparent about that, with a solid privacy policy, communication, and no real scandals. They've even confirmed that once you delete a message, not even they can recover it.

It wasn't philanthropy though. User-bases are more valuable than a good product. Now they're everywhere, they completely control the market, they offer Nitro, a premium service which gives you games and custom emoticons and what not, and they're also now a game-selling platform like Steam.

I'm glad they provide the service they do, and I'm glad the Steam is going to have some actual competition really soon here.

Attached: discord.png (256x256, 21K)

I started using discord to contact friends

Ye it's a forced class-action arbitration clause. Law firms can bleed companies dry and take like 95% of the money from settlements as long as they chuck like 75 cents to consumers who agree to participate in a class action suit for minor issues. You can opt out of the arbitration clause if you want. I did. But Netflix and a billion other services have the same, because the US law system is broken in this regard.

If you take a case to arbitration you still get to see a judge - it's just an accelerated case. Discord's seemed pretty honorable so far though, & I kinda just trust that they'll care enough about their image to keep being decent.

Well, that and I opped out. They know 95% of people won't, and that's enough to prevent blood sucking lawyers from fucking them bloody with legal fees.

I don't like it, I'm just saying they're not 100% evil for doing so, and they're 100% not alone.

Attached: p02v2vvr.jpg (1280x640, 128K)

Fuck my editing skills with a bloody stick.

Attached: walrus-wallpaper-21-712906.jpg (1600x1000, 158K)

yeah and I'm also not American so I don't really care

nobody fucking cares about privacy anymore
dickcord is here to stay, and it doesn't matter if you like it or not

Not to mention that

>keeps a log of literally every single thing you send through the application

is literally the bare minimum they need to do to provide a chat server service.

Using internet things, especially communication internet things, requires letting those internet things see what you want from them and communicate that information with others.

Log

LOG LOG

LOG LOG LOG

STINKY STEAMY LOG

You know Jow Forums is logged too right?

Does not need a process logger and logs of other programs. Discord is spyware and the team refuses to release source code.

>process logger
ok so I know literally nothing about all of this, but isn't it necessary for their " games you're playing " stats and launcher ?

not as fucking bad as discuck

>implying anyone here has any worthy information to anybody

spyware.neocities.org/articles/discord.html
A pretty good sourced write up on discord.

op is a pedo hiding from the fbi

Attached: 802945a7c77c80082d298ac7a3cb21e25d612044ca936b0414d6f5b51bba9439.jpg (802x854, 206K)

>steam
>competition

Attached: 1530287072898.jpg (912x772, 76K)

Attached: Terry a Davis matrix running over CIA niggers.jpg (900x599, 104K)

It doesn't send the process list elsewhere, & it needs it to determine which game you're running to hook its overlay into it, to show which game you have running to your friends (if you don't opt out), and to tell you when PTT won't work because you're in a window that's run as admin when Discord itself isn't (and the OS won't let Discord capture the keypress). Literally required for operation of the program.

Nice arguments & evidence.

Thanks for this. It pretty much just confirms everything I've said. The article makes these points:
>Discord isn't open source so it can't be PROVEN not to be spyware
Fucking retarded logic - you can see everything it encrypts and I'm sure the people wiresharking and reverse engineering it would have found something by now if it was spyware. This isn't a unix-perfect free-software world.

>Discord collects the things it absolutely must in order to provide the functionality it does
Fuckin' wow, let's burn it to the ground.

>Discord lets you integrate with social media. Spotify, etc., if you'd like to, therefore IT'S SPYWARE BECAUSE THOSE ARE SPYWARE TOO
Obvious scare tactics about other optional options to integrate with other optional services to provide optional functionality

>Discord has operated on investment, therefore it MUST sell users' data
Except it hasn't, doesn't, this is against their privacy policy, stating that it's operated on investment & nitro subscriptions literally explains how it's been operating, and it was obviously all for market capture, which has succeeded, and they're setting themselves up to make bank with their store, since they're already installed on everyone's computer.

>Discord receives requests from the government for certain information
k, so does Jow Forums and literally every other service in the US. Don't upload videos of yourself fucking kids and we're square.

>???economics???

Attached: 490233185.jpg (2400x1612, 541K)

youtu.be/tt6TfKOC9YA

I just want you retards to stop shilling your sh*tcords and bring discord drama into Jow Forums

Attached: 46578965688.jpg (1399x998, 242K)