Stop this madness

Attached: 1527199273204.jpg (838x642, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pccasegear.com/products/43642/nzxt-h700-mid-tower-case-nuka-cola-limited-edition
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This af. I'm trying to build my first pc and I just cant find the right case that has good aesthetics and is different enough while not being completely over the top idiocy.

Attached: CA-1J8-00M1WN-00_6ddc2802747b46e4b326214ed6b4983e.jpg (720x720, 52K)

I will sell you a good as new 2008 Dell Studio case for $500. You won't regret it.

>and is different enough
It's just a computer tower. It doesn't have to be different. It's just an appliance. It's something that you buy to do things with, not to show everybody how cool and different you are.

Surface mount drives are cheap to implement and everything today is about showing off your gay components. People want a big case because it means their computer is "big and fast"

USB 2 ports for backwards compatibility.

These style cases are usually cheap for a reason

Why the FUCK are there no mini-ITX DUAL SYSTEM CASE!???!?!??!??!

Fuck Phanteks for using proprietary systems (need to buy their 500 USD power supply if you want to ATX+mini-itx dual system in their Evolv X case

Attached: Namnlö2s.png (2304x1296, 68K)

>These style cases are usually cheap for a reason
If they where in the $50 range I would consider them cheap but if your spending $100+ for a case with this lackluster of expansion that isn't cheap

What's the use case for this? Just out of curiosity.

needs to be wider than 200mm to take 200mm case fan

It's not about showing everyone else. Its about it looking good for me.

>Stop this madness
haha noooo! suffer!!

Nobody cares about your fashion statement, little girl, not even your boyfriend

You can do this on ~$20-$40 with parts from local homedepot. Depending on the parts you get.

Attached: wooden acryllic.jpg (1516x421, 181K)

MicroATX is the future.

Attached: AB70013.jpg (800x800, 37K)

>no Motherboard USB

>heatbox

enjoy your housefire

literally a fucking housefire

I remember the golden years of case design when case side fans and mesh panels gave you great airflow and then literal gaymer showoffs need to shove RGB lights and parts to the open so we have the tempered glass bullshittery and no airflow cases we have today.

Must be hard to live in a world where you don't have the basic tools to cut a hole in piece of wood.

God damn nu-males.

I have an NZXT S340 and get great temps with my 2x140mm front intakes even with the front panel on. Top mount is unpopulated with a dust filter.

I'm not a huge fan of the sidepanel window but I don't really give a shit either.

>don't have the basic tools to cut a hole in piece of wood.
Well, do you even have the tools to sculpt metal and weld it to your car?

Fucking numale

>he doesn't have a welder
>he doesn't have a drill
Nu males. What will happen to the world?

But I can't go with a space-efficient model. How will I impress all the friends I never had without a glass window?

I think he means that the design in the picture is shit because the hipster who made it forgot to include a USB hub in the chassis.

Ofcourse, the idea isn't buy and build exactly as the youtube guy did. The idea is as the post reflects, buy and build your own fucking thing to your own design.

>MicroATX is the future.
You fucks have been saying this for almost a decade and yet nearly every new chipset release is nothing but normal ATX boards

Cases are a separate market on their own now, just look at the change of expression of any retailer when you mention the case for a build.

The RGB trend didn't start with the case window, RAM or even keyboard but with LED fans.

>spend $29 on professionally made microatx case off amazon and have basic interfaces and actual drive bays
>or spend almost twice that on raw materials that have to be measured, shaped, and assembled into a case
The word of the day is "hubris".

M-atx is crap. You will need a bunch of risers if want both dedicated video and sound card.

Attached: 21983.png (192x192, 46K)

>people should buy the cheapest shit on amazon instead of creating a masterpiece by yourself for $20, which is apparently twice as expensive as $29

Please nu-male. STOP. You're killing me. So much retard.

>sound card
what

Anyone that builds anything like that pic thinks that competes with even chinkshit is deluded.
You wanna practice carpentry? Go for it. The point is to know when something is a profoundly retarded idea and do something more worthwhile, like a media center with a 19" rack and something called ventilation.
>$20
If you're not pulling that number out of your ass, then you're making it out of scrap and/or plywood. So much for a masterpiece.

Buy a fucking nuc or asrock minipc. Some of them even have a discrete GPU.
Or a minipc with a good cpu and an external gpu.

Atx and -atx are old shit that take way too much space to house a computer.

>chink shit is better than custom build

Good luck with that chink mentality nutrash

Limitations beget ingenuity. Challenge yourself user.

I didn't say chinkshit was better than a custom build, I said chinkshit is better than taking advice from some lunatic that encourages you to make a $20 wood case with no USB hubs, normal ACPI switches, or even simple ventilation by just winging it.

So you're saying someone who's doing a custom board doesn't have a drill in their hand? LMAO

I was fucking right. You're a fucking nu male.

No. I said that you're a babbling retard that is proud of telling people to make a fire hazard.

t. cuck without a house

Are you mad that PC is as large as your ass?

I'd imagine it could be pretty useful in a development environment with a dual monitor setup, if you could figure out a way of sharing storage between them
linux on one box, windows on the other, none of the limitations of running a VM since everything is on bare metal
of course, you can do that without putting both machines in the same box, but I guess it has a nicer form factor

>2001+17
>soundcard
the only pc youve ever touched was in a magazine
because thats all you fags will buy.

No but he does, which is why he cares.

>twitter meme poster is uneducated
shocking

this is the most brainded hipster shit I’ve ever seen. I hope the fire department doesn’t respond

name a better case

Attached: a199bc9a1e84655a40ae3b74be41a168.jpg_600x600q90.jpg (600x600, 35K)

my S340 elite is comfy as fuck. 2x140mm on the front an 120s on the top and back.

>none of the limitations of running a VM
Sorry, what are the limitations of running a VM??
KVM is so close to metal at this point it's barely worth mentioning.

It's a desktop computer it's suppose to be large. You aren't taking it anywhere, making it big enough to fit in your purse isn't an innovation. Do you live in a tiny closet apartment in NYC? Why is having the extra 6 square inches that a mini case provides such a big deal?

Attached: coolermaster MC600P.png (1000x794, 193K)

one that doesnt look like a fucking pride parade

I have two of these, yet I still haven't built in either one. I don't like having to have the intake on the side like that where you can see the crossbars on the fans, but it's shown to have the best airflow. I just hate seeing fan crossbars in general.

mATX is really nice if only for transport but limited to 64GB instead of the standard 128GB; that can matter.

Where's all the USB-C? Why are there no cases available in colours like pink or purple which aren't total crap? Why do manufacturers not offer individual paintjobs or powdercoating?

Coolermaster haf cases are best, cheap good airflow, simple.

Fag

Using this one now, it sits under my desk cause its just a case. It doesn't need to glow fyi

Attached: 51DZBuyfbNL.jpg (318x500, 38K)

god this was my old case.
Such a bulky girthy fuck but it served me well before I switched to an R5

would you buy a case like this

Attached: IVeAm71.gif (480x440, 3.53M)

>Jow Forums designs a case

>$200 case
>Glass everywhere ruining airflow
>If it even has front bays they're hidden behind some annoying door or something
So glad I ended up with a CM 630 3 when I did. Thing's going to be my forever chassis at this rate.

Only if it could fit more than 8 HDDs.

>630
690, rather. Point is the same though. Modern cases are such cancer it's unreal. I want a case that's easy to work on, has all the features I need and supports all the I/O I want to slap in it. Not something that looks like a piece of modern art. My PC is a machine I use for work, hobby tinkering and vidya. Not for starting idle smalltalk when guests point out its fine minimalist lines or something.

Thoughts Jow Forums?

pccasegear.com/products/43642/nzxt-h700-mid-tower-case-nuka-cola-limited-edition

Attached: define c.jpg (500x500, 60K)

>180 bucks for a case
kek

>only 3 HDDs bay
It's shit.

Let's make this into a legitimate case thread. Do Anons have any recommendations for cases that make good use of their space or are easy to haul around?
I've been wanting to trade up to a HAX XB Evo LAN cube. It looks like it fits my usercase.
Pic related. Pls post any comfy cubes you've found.
I actually don't like the HAF towers because they aged poorly in my experience. The HDD enclosure leaves too little space for the big aftermarket meme cards released around 2014-2015. It was a real struggle forcing my Zotac GTX 970 inside of it and as a result the wiring looks like shit. Then again, this only demonstrates you shouldn't be a retard like this user was and actually research the space your parts will need.
The benefit of the many editions of HAF of course is that you can easily take and put in enclosures for whatever hardware you want to include in your build.

Attached: its_a_cube.jpg (1000x500, 80K)

>plywood in the back of the case

this is even worse than the nvidia housefire meme

I got one of these, it's big and heavy but sorta easy to carry if you got the strength.
Main issues are that the hard drives get zero airflow and are confined to the same space as the PSU. Main benefit is the great unobstructed airflow and space, as well as horizontal motherboard so no GPU sag.

Attached: vega & ryzen.jpg (2560x1110, 1.48M)

I have one of these and it's great. I usually change out cases every two or three years but desu nothing compares to this, and I'll probably be keeping this for at least five years minimum

Sorry for the Jow Forumsore guys, posting some advice I learned from being a young dumb user. The case should be HAF 912 plus. See this shit? It got pretty crammed. AVOID all GPUs with meme USB overclocking. I fell for the Zotac meme because I'm cheap.
Thanks anons. I've got enough advice and ideas that the next build won't be as bad. It'll be fun having a computer that also doubles as a murder/k/ube.

Forgot the pic because I'm a retarded phoneposter.

Attached: IMG_20180929_172203474.jpg (864x1152, 729K)

just get the Fractal Design Define R5 and call it a day

I recommend getting some aluminum and fabricating your own.

Shit's expensive due to tariffs, tho, so get a pile of refuse metal so you can save some cash.

no

Tried all the Define cases before getting to the Xb Evo

Great case, best mobo airflow I've ever seen, but like everyone else mentioned, hard drive airflow is ass.

I run an m.2 and an SSD with two hard drives, so they rarely spin anyways, so if you do mostly SSD stuff, you're getting a great case for a gaming or server computer. If you need space, id recommend something more traditional like the Define Nano

yes, the ATX form factor wastes a massive amount of space. news at 11.

>B-BUT A MORE EFFICIENT CASE WOULD-
no, little timmy, it wouldn't. the form factor of ATX and ITX relying on expansion cards being installed perpendicularly to the motherboard result in a huge amount of wasted space in favor of potential expansion that 95% of users will never use.

if you wanted to build a truly space efficient form factor or case, you would set up a smaller form factor PSU than typical ATX size, a compact video card, and a mATX or ITX board with flush heatsinks. the video card would be mounted in parallel with the board using a cable or riser board to attach it and the CPU heatsink assembly would be equal in height to the video card. two or three intake fans would be positioned across the front of the case with one or two in the rear, and a PSU could be mounted next to the board (above or below if the case is upright) and two HDD slots could be located easily near the GPU without adding much bulk.

if you want the perfect case, get a case of beers, some sheet steel, and a welding setup of your choice and preference and get to work.

>not just reusing an old case
What the fuck is wrong with these people?

When people feel the need for a new PC for some reason it means dumping everything and getting all new parts instead of just upgrading what you need
I see no reason for this as the biggest upgrades to a PC is a usually motherboard swap which is still easier than building a whole new PC.
Like If I plan to get like an Z390 CPU there is no reason to get anything more than a motherboard, RAM and CPU as everything else is still fine

That's exactly how RGB and tempered glass starts.

Last time I changed case was moving away from a P180B, since that case was designed in a time before 200w GPUs

I do. Fucking millennials I swear.

It's been 4 years and I can't say I'd change it, pretty great airflow and it doesn't look like your typical gayman bullshit.

Attached: nzxt_ca_so220_01_source_220_mid_tower_case_1222451.jpg (2500x2500, 293K)

>wastes a massive amount of space
I'd agree with you if you carrying your PC so often. But for stationary desktop, a few squire inches doesn't matter. Not gonna argue about expansion cards but ATX case could fit more than 2 HDDs.

it's true regardless of whether or not the computer is mobile or stationary, the difference is if it really matters. the OP seems to be bitching about empty space in stationary cases though. if it's a matter of expansion potential relative to case dimensions, it would make more sense to have add-on boxes that connect to the case I described via a SATA backplane style implementation for adding additional 3.5" bays and/or to have a taller model of the case capable of supporting four PCI slots with a taller CPU heatsink as well.

honestly I realized that my desktop was overkill ages ago and swapped to a modular setup with an X230 as the base.

Why aren't motherboards horizontally mounted

oh hell yeah my man, cm690 is a proper case-looking case and that shitty fan glow can be disabled which is great
mine is 7 years old and i ain't planning on switching any time soon

Coolermaster h500

I like bigger cases for expansion, and they are easier to work in when you swap out parts.

Well, for me I realized that my previous cases are too small. From shitty chink to decent mATX, now with full-size ATX case.
Man I'm fucking love my ATX case.

Gonna raid0 them are you?

itt: boomers and zoomers on Jow Forums collaborate to make the PC case of the future

Agreed. mATX is something you'll likely regret down the road, specially if you have a GPU that takes up 2-2.5 slots - which leaves you with either one or zero PCIe slots for other things like a soundcard - yes, really - and SATA cards and network cards and USB 3.1 cards and whatever else you may find that you need in the future. It's like buying a case with no 5.25" slot at all and one day you decide you want some fancy RGB controller or fan controller or SD card reader or whatever but you can't because you bought some modern hot-box case with no airflow and no 5.25" bays and 1 3.5" HDD tray.

Only idiot would do the raid 0. Are you an idiot?

Yep, the ATX standard is from the 90's. Many people could be still using a case from the 90's.

i built a mining pc for a friend and the mining case kit i wanted never arrived . so i just ran the pc without a case it's surprisingly comfy . if i was building a pc now i'd probably get some of minimalist mining\open case .

the only reason cases exist is so boomers that buy premade pcs dont destroy the PCB , if you're not some normie NPC and actually build a comp in your life theres no reason to have a case .

Haven't seen the pic?

>buying a case
>using a case at all

you don't even need a case. just put the guts on the desk, it's not like the case is going to prevent them from getting dusty. what is even the purpose of a case?

r6