KDE is literal perfection. Why use anything else?

KDE is literal perfection. Why use anything else?

Attached: kderice.jpg (1366x2304, 887K)

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/37021/Iya_na_Kao_sare_nagara_Opantsu_Misete_Moraitai
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Why use anything else?
Because Linux itself is not a 'literal perfection' at all.

If you're a brainlet that can't configure stuff it's probably best to stick to Windows and use some locked-down Pajeet written security nightmare, sure.

But if you're not retarded GNU/Linux is the best use of your time.

Tiling WMs are better at using that display space. What's the point in having random gaps at the expense of the applications you got running in those windows that you actually want to use?

>blur
amazing
>transparency
amazing
>htop
amazing
>nano
amazing
>anime background
>hentai
>japanese host name
>dark theme

how can other DE's even compete?

Tiling window managers are just autism filters. There is no reason to ever use one.

>broken per monitor scaling
>the windows look like broken shit when you are scaling them

how the fuck am i supposed to read any of that when the background just blurs through it like an eyesore

Attached: cat_2.png (227x227, 93K)

Have you tried using your eyes?

>There is no reason
the person you're replying to just told you the reason retard

gonna need a source on that nun action happening in the top screen

It's the third episode of Iya na Kao sare nagara Opantsu Misete Moraitai.

Translated the title is 'I Want You To Make a Disgusted Face and Show Me Your Underwear'

It's the Citizen Kain of Ecchi.

myanimelist.net/anime/37021/Iya_na_Kao_sare_nagara_Opantsu_Misete_Moraitai

Autistic babbling is not a reason

>hurr you have to stack the lego blocks in colour order and leave them equidistant apart

Attached: autism.jpg (448x336, 17K)

lel

Attached: Screenshot_20180929-025416.png (1080x1920, 340K)

>it's a brainlet can't appreciate fine art episode

Honestly I'm not really a fan of the start menu

>it's a beta male sperging because his choice in ecchi is complete fucking garbage

Attached: 232CAB0C028B45C99C4441E6B29D3D37.gif (400x288, 1.49M)

I remember doing something like this with my stuffed animals, lining all of them up on my bed, and my mom got all concerned and told me to put them back. I realized a long time after that she probably thought I was showing signs of autism, but the stuffed animals weren't in any particular order, so it obviously wasn't autism.

If you can't appreciate the subtle nuance and acerbic themes that Iya na Kao sare nagara Opantsu Misete Moraitai manages to convey with each frame then not only are you an irredeemable pleb, but you're an irredeemable pleb who has earned my pity.

I feel sorry for you, and I feel sorry for your parents.

sorry kiddo, but feigning superiority to cover for your utterly shit taste is amateur, i recommend finding a tree with a strong branch and hanging yourself

Attached: The_ballocaust.jpg (350x362, 28K)

Disgusting plebeian your act convinces no one.

Mommy, daddy, stop fighting! The men from CPS will come and take me away again!

Attached: 1535872180616.jpg (1024x768, 133K)

you shut your damn mouth and stay in your room until I'm finished with her, you're next bucko

Attached: almost_enjoying_my_anger.jpg (245x204, 15K)

>oh noes, other ppl like other things than i do
As if it matters kido. I know its asking much but grow a brain will ya?

KDE is shit and all its themes are shit. Budgie is where it's at.

Kek

because windows 10 is better you fucking idiot

Dead DE from a dead distro.

mal reviews are the second worst thing on the internets right after lain fanart

Looks nice like the transparency with the blur can I do that in xfce? Tried something with Compton configs but it made my system unstable

Just put the latest KDE-equipped Fedora on my RaspberryPi.
If that's the best your precious KDE can do it's time to give up. What a piece of crap.

why and how is budgie dead? genuine question

Lead dev (and creator) of the whole project went MIA for a long time already, and the new domain the rest of the project set up is because they can't get hold of the old original one
It's like Void, except that this time the lead dev was pretty much the sole visionary/creator, so the whole thing's pretty much dead in the water. Look at how much was Budgie's releases being delayed recently

What actually happened to the Void dude? Glow in the darks get him or just random forest suicide somewhere?

>UI elements out of proportion
>wasted space
>excessive blur
>application launcher doesn't make use of the full screen (even windows 10 does this)
>application launcher as a list on the TOP
>retarded mouse pointers
Yeah, it's garbage.

>using javascript/Html/css for frontend
lmao

Oh look a pleb who can't appreciate a good set up.

Nice trips.
>2 menu button toolbar widgets?
>I can't decide if I prefer application launcher or application dashboard.

Attached: neofetch-2018-09-29-10-00-28-27507.png (1680x1050, 422K)

ut's still being maintained so it really doesn't matter, question is why they're so lazy they can't push out an updated live iso

just watched the first two episodes. of course, the first episode has become a bit of a meme, so I've seen it around, but never knew the source.
I'd say it's kind of bad. The first episode has really bad pacing. The in media res timing of it is like carrot dangling, which wouldn't be so bad...
...If it weren't for the very very short amount of time that the reveal is displayed for. Not only that, but it's not animated/drawn NEARLY well enough in detail to make the extra time spent watching the video and not just looking at a still worth it---that goes for episode 1 and 2.
The teasing was annoying both leading up to the reveal, and still so after, since it was so meh quality.
The positives are that the artstyle is otherwise fine. The faces are drawn okay enough for the disgust, and the disgusted talk is convincing.
Unfortunately, the endings are also underwhelming. There's no recovery, there's no exit, there's no final words of contempt. It just shows the goods and ends abruptly within 20 seconds.

In my opinion, it's a ~40/100 at most, and not worth watching.

Attached: 281fa0069c3efddde70d926069a78028c85dcec5d99fd9f3dc554763f48bc910.png (282x210, 24K)

>UI elements out of proportion
Adjust them if you don't like them
>wasted space
Get rid of the empty space if you don't want it
>excessive blur
Then reduce it if you don't want it, it's less than OP's pic by default
>application launcher doesn't make use of the full screen (even windows 10 does this)
Yoy were just complaining about wasted space then you praise the metro tiled launcher hmmmm
>application launcher as a list on the TOP
Then put it on the bottom, it's on the bottom by default anyway
>retarded mouse pointers
Then change them
>Yeah, it's garbage.
Literally all of your complaints are solvable with 5 minutes in the settings menu and some of them don't even exist by default

>I make things hard for my self to seem smart.
Not defending windows but you're a retard.

Imo KDE is more full featured but Gnome3 is a bit more flushed out for me personally when customizing. I've made a trend of installing linux for my friends and family and i've typically Installed GNOME3 with gnome-tweaks and "Dash To Dock" from the gnome extensions website and adding in the minimize and maximize buttons and you end up with something as simplistic, but not as full featured as a mac.

KDE out of the box is beautiful and totally usable, Gnome3 out of the box is "gimped" out of the box. The difference is that even windows users converting to linux or using it part time for when they dont use windows only programs for security and speed will end up running into more problems with KDE.

Gnome3 has a more simplistic way to configure external monitors, and a SIGNIFICANTLY easier way to find basic settings. The Gnome3 settings panel is even less complicated than the Android or iOS Settings panel, i've noticed personally that casual users tend to plug into their TV's quite a bit to watch youtube, kodi, and hulu, etc and for someone who's never touched linux before it would be a lot easier to go to settings and search for display and have a very simplistic way to set the display settings as well as simplistic sound settings. This isnt a big deal to people like me who can take the time to research solutions and implement a way around it, however the picture i have posted is a picture of where i had to go in KDE Plasma to send audio over the HDMI input the last time i was setting up linux for a casual user on their laptop which is may more complex than the one in GNOME3.

TLDR: KDE is amazing but i wouldnt recommend it to new linux users even for familiarity with a windows-like setup. I would personally configure Dash To Dock on Gnome3 and add min/max buttons.

if you ever want casual users to use linux, gnome is the way.

How do you get that sweet blur on 18.04? Doesn't it require KDE 5.13?

>recommending foot to new Linux users coming from Windows instead of KDE Plasma
your argument makes no sense, Gnome would be more recognizeable to someone who used a smartphone as their main device or MacOS, KDE Plasma is a perfect DE for someone coming from a Windows environment, as is Zorin's DE and just a out every other DE than Gnome, foot has it's place but not as the first DE a Linux noob from Windows comes in contact with

you better tell me how you got it like that

it's so fucking ugly it's unbearable

Terminal blur is achieved by downloading xprop and adding the following to .bashrc. Blur is added when window transparency is activated

if [[ $(ps --no-header -p $PPID -o comm) =~ yakuake|konsole ]]; then
for wid in $(xdotool search --pid $PPID); do
xprop -f _KDE_NET_WM_BLUR_BEHIND_REGION 32c -set _KDE_NET_WM_BLUR_BEHIND_REGION 0 -id $wid; done
fi

The taskbar and desktop theme is breeze transparent dark, which has the gaussian blur by default,

I used KDE for a while and it was great but it didn't play nice with more than one graphics card for me.

GNOME is way better

A
FUCKING
FOOT

Name one application that utilizes screen so necesarily it needs it.

perfect bloatware

GNOME is the best DE, the standard Linux DE

I like it, but shit usage of all the space you have.

Attached: 1536784208962.jpg (960x895, 65K)

>half inch taskbar
>quarter inch top of window with 3 buttons and name of program
>constantly super left and super right arrow to max out windows
>let me just alt tab however many times
>Dual monitors brah
>apps open randomly on either default monitor or where you last closed them on 2nd monitor
I fucking love i3
>ONE MONITOR
>caps lock is super
>eighth inch status bar with workspaces at top
>instantly jump workspaces
>perfect side by side splits, easy triple windows
>easy edit hotkeys for most used apps and folders
>don't even need to use fullscreen mode

>kde on ubuntu
>dock
>

Get a better monitor.

>KDE is literal perfection. Why use anything else?
Because KDE is a pile of dog poop?

You take that back.

>GNOME is the best DE
Gnome used to be the best DE. Current version is crap.

Speak for your self kido, It is the best GNOME so far.

KDE with kwin replaced by i3+Compton is unironically god tier.

do people honestly believe a TUI system monitor is better than a proper GUI ? I see this shit on a Jow Forums all the time and I can't believe its shown other than to virtue signal to try and look cool...

OP PLEASE POST HOW YOU DID THIS RICING

>replaced by i3+Compton
why would you replace something good with something shit?

Kwin is shit tier.

Why wouldn't you want a tiling wm (especially on a laptop) without abandoning the rest of the DE? It's comfy af.

you meant CDE right?

oh wait, you're just another anime faggot.

I like KDE and i use it on my faptop, problem is KDE bugs out quite often when running multiple monitors and running fullscreen applications.

Sadly Wayland for KDE is just a fucking mess.

If Fedora didn't exist I would have this as my number 2 distro with Solus following it up with my third spot.

Wallpaper?

I don't see why you went to the trouble of using KDE when most of the things you seem to be using are console-based, this just looks like you got KDE and beat it into shape until it looked like Awesome instead of just installing Awesome in the first place

If Linux always looked this good I would switch in a heartbeat

Because all desktop environments after bloated garbage. Just use any window manager and avoid that utter trash.

Window managers are bloated garbage. You have additional terminals for a reason.

then configure it that way you absolute fucking brainlet
it's not difficult

How do you make your apps borderless like that?