Which one gives better sound quality; DIN connectors or phone connector?

Which one gives better sound quality; DIN connectors or phone connector?

Attached: 61HXSsdbIXL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phone_connector_(audio)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>phone connector

Attached: 1502226660130.jpg (552x382, 24K)

>phone connector

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phone_connector_(audio)

Yes but almost nobody calls it a "phone connector". The world wouldn't make sense if people used the wikipedia names for everything in life

doesn't matter. the DIN has the benefit of more contacts that only fit in one way.

So we should all call CPUs "the computers brain" just because normies call it that?

The one that makes electricity flow smoother.

The computers brain you say.

The fact wikipedia uses phone connector as the default name for an audio jack triggers me.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 60K)

It's phone connector as in (head)phone, not cell(phone). Stop being spergs.

The 1/4" plug is typically called a phone plug. What we usually call a headphone plug is minijack if not miniplug.

It was created originally for those old timey telephone switchboards.

Attached: phone.jpg (1000x750, 140K)

I'm sure normies doesn't call that a phone connector, they just call it "headphones jack".

The only difference is that the din connector will pick up less noise across longer distances and often amps will push a little more power through them. For basic headphone use (unless you're trying to power some fostex planars) they make no difference. Personally I'd say if you have powered monitors with xlr (din) go for that, otherwise stick to standard 3.5mm

there might be a very minimal benefit to being shielded at the connector? So DIN.

Yes and no. Unnoticeable at short distances. I doubt op is trying to set up a concert hall.

aux cord

But AUX cord is jack at both ends!

its still what normies would call it desu

isn't that DIN conector for MIDI. that's just data not audio so technically that would be the highest quality I would imagine unless you want analogue.

What is wrong with "phone connector"? It is an audio/microphone connector. I am not English myself, nor am a etymologist, but afaik the term phone indicates audio in/out multiplexed. Audio out and microphone in connectors brought together, sure should get called "phone" connector.

>thinking "phone" means just cell-phone, or even worse, smartphone
I think I am too old for this place now, and I'm just 25.

'''''Phone connector''''' otherwise known as TRS (tip, ring, sleeve.)
If you have a really long run, XLR may be better, that's pretty much the pro-audio standard. But TRS should produce the same quality as long as your run is under 100 ft.

It was called a phone connector long before people started saying headphone jack

Phone connector is too generic (could mean any one of many sizes). It even says so on wikipedia.

Unless you meant to be generic, you should be more specific when talking about connectors.

Attached: 1538226001.png (244x335, 57K)

>When your new phone has a 6.35mm headphone jack

XLR

Take the l nigga

>phone connector
>not 3.5mm trrs jack