Why can't we have a single brand, just one

Why can't we have a single brand, just one,
that doesn't cater to 13 year olds exclusively?

At this point you have to buy expensive SuperMicro server boards to avoid the cancer. There is no mid-range x86 board with a green PCB.

>inb4 buy OEM
Non-standard case and power supply, sometimes even non-standard HDD slots that require proprietary adapters

Attached: 1530119864004.jpg (1000x734, 507K)

This is what all motherboards should look like, but not cost $300.

Attached: x11sae-top.jpg (600x497, 73K)

get a case without a window, problem solved.

>claims to be an adult
>complains about having to pay more for nicer things

Cost should not be an inhibitor between a man and what he desires

Agreed OP

Sadly this is the only solution (although I never liked window cases anyway.)

Also the packaging should be plain cardboard, with a white specification label on it.

Attached: 41m779UOmXL.jpg (500x373, 20K)

Whatever you say, boomer.

>Cost should not be an inhibitor between a man and what he desires
Yes you're right and my next upgrade will feature a SuperMicro board. My X370 BIOS/EFI triggers me every time I have to configure something. It looks like a toy. Why does it contain wasteful graphics anyway? Btw it takes several hundred milliseconds, if not seconds to load. Pure text would be instantaneous.

Attached: x0AeDBc.jpg (960x540, 90K)

*cracks*
*sips*
Yep. Now that's a mommyboard.

asus got prime series, those are pretty good

>caring what your motherboard looks like
How often do you sit down to look at your motherboard really?

Still looks like Darth Vader's Nintendo
The packaging is wasteful 4-color high gloss print
A simple white label on a brown would be more readable and functional
Green PCB is cheaper without any compromise in quality, and easier to read

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1533x1095, 206K)

It's a matter of principle. Fashion has no place in tech.
Functionality and efficiency is all that counts.
When your BIOS takes more than 5ms to load and has a 1080p background image that takes up 3 MB of RAM, there's something wrong

*cracks*
Yep. I miss the time when I couldn't use a mouse to configure my BIOS.

The resources spent of graphics and mouse support would be better spent on IPMI or other remote management solutions.
Pic related, a modern SuperMicro BIOS.

Attached: bios4.png (803x624, 245K)

>IPMI or other remote management solutions
cia nigger

There's no reason it can't be 100% libre,
see Talos II.

itt: boomer can't comprehend that sales are more important to companies than absolute efficiency of the product

Ironically gamers often claim to be about efficiency, as their overclock their toys, not realizing they're ripped off and their money is spent on high-gloss packaging, expensive PCB coating that serves no functional purpose, marketing and bloated software.

We know that Zoomer. We are going to bitch anyway like your grandfather bitched about minorities.

Attached: jkvWB8wK_400x400.jpg (400x400, 22K)

no they don't claim that, overclocking is everything but efficient

Attached: 1537197327761.jpg (645x729, 43K)

>giving a fuck what your components look like

>buying a computer case that you can see into

>giving a fuck what your components look like
Black PCB coating is more expensive. You're paying for that, instead of higher quality where it's really needed.
4-color high gloss packaging is more expensive. You're paying for that.
Bloated software/BIOS/EFI steals your valuable time.

>buying a computer case that you can see into
Agreed. That would be so retarded, I'm not even discussing it.

so don't buy those things and save milliseconds of your life

That's capitalism for you.
>Fashion has no place in tech.
Demand says it does.
>Functionality and efficiency is all that counts.
And I agree, which is why I don't care what it looks like.

I suppose I get you're annoyed, I am slightly annoyed by people who do care what their PC looks like because I don't understand the point. I don't understand the kick they get out of it. If it's for showing off, do they like staring at it, does it make them feel they're of higher social status, What's the point

You have autism of the non-meme kind.

Completely agreed. This piece of shit is my mobo. I unscrewed the stupid fucking shrouds because it looks retarded, and disabled the LEDs.

>zoomers that can't comprehend some people just want a computer that doesn't look all retarded

I do, but it still annoys me.

Does anyone actually use the mouse in UEFI? Are you legitimately retarded?

I far more value my time than using a mouse with fancy graphics that are literally completely irrelevant and only there to appease s*yboy gamer shitters. The mouse driver is garbage anyway.

I am personally annoyed that the PCI-E slots are not coloured, so you have to look in the manual to see which modes they run in under which conditions. Back in the day they were white and blue, and you could determine that at a glance.

Attached: x370 gaming 5.jpg (1500x980, 350K)

There isn't an alternative. That's his complaint, moron. I looked long and hard for a non-retarded motherboard yet I still had to settle for one (GA-AX370 Gaming 5)

But he's right. They do charge more for the LEDs, and the coating, and all the fancy garbage it comes with to appease gamers. Just like RGB fans and RGB RAM costs more.

why even buy this board? the vrm is shit for the price

GAMING

POWER SUPPLY

Attached: yeye.gif (320x320, 43K)

ECC works well on it, and I have no intention to overclock.

I bought an Asus PRIME X370-Pro for £115. It's got plenty of SATA ports and PCIe slots and good VRMs. It lacks a few debugging features but it's the closest I could find to a "no frills" board for a server. Very happy with it.

RGB PSU
WATERCOOLED PSU
VR READY PSU

all real things

>mommy, i want my motherboard in GWEEN
>mommy, i'm a retard that has never heard of the asus prime motherboards and i need Jow Forums to spoonfeed me

Attached: b250.png (583x705, 769K)

No ECC support. Confirmed toy.

This is fine

Attached: 1537875555741.jpg (1280x1280, 775K)

What the FUCK is this faggotry?

Attached: Screenshot_20180929-080958~2.png (580x493, 496K)

hiding your piece under your pillow is so 20th century

That brand used to be Dell.

Back when you could customize a setup before ordering it and having it delivered, that was the success of their business model

>being this triggered

I just want to remind you that if you ever bought windowed case, you are responsible for all this shit

rest in piece dell...
fucking love their outlet stores though holy fuck basically brand new business grade laptops for half price

>not giving a fuck about edgy faggotry

This. But unironically.

ok, why should i give a fuck?

because you pay extra for it and it's not an actual radiator, you moron

no, why should i give a fuck about other people buying edgy faggotry?

That's for bullet time

2014-2016 asus was actually ok. especially if you remove the ROG plating.

just buy the most asthetic PCB color/component color and replace the VRM coolers with 3rd party copper ones

t. edgy faggot

I'm with you OP but plain black PCBs with little to no branding are still there.
Get an EVGA board, or some midrange from MSI and it will be very stealth

Because only retarded 12 year olds care in how a piece of electronics looks where no-fucking-body will ever see it.

>close case
>put electrical tape over leds

Done

>White on black is more difficult to read than green on black
>Solder mask color is important or is in any way a significant cost adder (did not contribute $0.25+ to board cost)
Jesus christ, you're complaining about the wrong things. The only things you would have legitimate complaints about are the printing for the packaging, the custom extrusion made for the heat sink on the left and the hexagonal one on the right, and the custom tooled injection molded part protecting the ports on the left. There are three custom parts that I see on that board. Solder mask and silkscreen are not legitimate complaints but it seems those are the main thing you're complaining about.

>what is an asrock taichi
other than the fact that it isnt a green pcb, this is literally what you're looking for

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x720, 209K)

*white on green

yeah dude i love 2d art printed on my PCB, adds a lot to performance.

>All PCBs should be green with white solder mask with reference designators only with a board number and revision code in the corner. Fox only. No items. Final destination.

Yes, and packaging should be plain cardboard.

>gigabyte
>dooool bioses so you can switch from one to the other when the bios eventually shits itself
Never in my life did I have to deal with a board that had BIOSes that just rotted in place until they became unusable.

to keep malware at bay

>le mature adult who doesnt care how anything looks. Just turn the rgb off and get a case without a window

My gigabyte board has options randomly go missing. Only 2 of my hard drives show up in boot order at any time.

>Looking for a new Motherboard
>Giving a shit about how it looks
stay mad, retard

lots of boards switch off some buses when additional hardware is added. you should read the manual or return it if it's faulty

Mid-2000's was a comfy era of "cheap" Dell computers able to play any game from the 7th Gen with the right GPU, 2-3GB DDR2 and a Core 2 Duo Quad

Mmm I still remember my G50Vt

because it was actually pretty good for the price.
6 real phase vcore + 4 phase SoC
>bbut muh 4x2+2 phase asrock is da best!
ugh.

The CPU it runs doesn't support ECC.
Are you implying all boards should be Xeons with RDIMMs only?

>I do, but it still annoys me.
anyone above 13 years old is not annoyed by things they cannot see on the regular

I explained why it's annoying further down in the post, and that's just one reason.

Anyone above 13 years old is capable of reading an entire post before replying to it.

Why would you care the color of components inside the case you can't see? Unless you got yourself a windowed case.
But well, doesn't windowed case for child?

It's subtle enough
>inb4 REEEEE carbon theme

Attached: b450-gaming-pro-carbon-ac-tining-1920.png (1568x1920, 457K)

Not subtle enough.

Attached: PrimeX370Pro.png (446x794, 193K)

Yes, and?

my +12V was so smooth they went back and textured it for me like my onions burgers

>The CPU it runs doesn't support ECC.
It does, and it works on my childish Taichi X370.

Attached: Ben-Shapiro-Btfo libtards.jpg (315x216, 11K)

I'm still using this cheap shit without issue.

Attached: Z77 Pro3.png (1200x1000, 598K)

it would be nice if motherboards came with real vrm heatsinks so I didn't have to shove a bunch of auxiliary fans on top of the non existent ones.

is that your pooping face?

Lmao you had to go all the way back to the X58 days to find that.

who the fuck cares buy a case without a window and forget about it

>complains about children
>spergs like an underage faggot because his motherboard is "too uncool"
I dunno faggot, how about not fucking staring at your hardware and look at the monitor instead?

you would have loved communism. but then again you wouldn't get any hardware and wouldn't be allowed to post on the internet. kys commie scum

I think there's some rgb bullshit on these but I don't think these look too terrible

>libcucks this triggered by a gun on there motherboard
go back to r*ddit

>Lmao you had to go all the way back to the X58 days to find that.
It's gotten even worse.

Attached: 1512476657584.jpg (1755x1936, 805K)

>I'm an adult

Attached: 1537690742185.jpg (1600x831, 157K)

>GODLIKE
Do you think God has RGB everything?

Packaging has to be flashy or else nobody will ever look at it in physical stores. Come on, you can't complain about this, it goes for eveything. People want to see what they are buying, and the features of it. As for the board itself
>Ew they painted it black and white
Cry about it boomer

>People want to see what they are buying
White label with actual specifications written on it.
... and a simple QR code that links to the data sheet PDF

Attached: GSA-XCL.png (449x669, 128K)

PCB doesn;t need to be green

there should be heatsinks on certain components

I agree with the spirit of OP. Retardedly shaped heatsinks and retarded graphics on MoBos is cancer. nothing should be added to the board that isnt functional. heatsinks should be shaped for function only, or perhaps cheap/easy manufacturing. all these retardedly shaped heatsinks are fucking cancer

yes, why can;t anybody realize this

look at those fucking disgusting useless graphics and the fucking shape of those heatsinks its fucking shit bro its fucking shit

that said, iirc, asrock makes some pretty non-retarded boards

Asrock makes all black boards with some grey, so get that.

I would totally buy only server boards if they allowed under and overclocking, and under and over-volting. custom fan control is nice too

They should make a fucking more affordable version. Like a MictoATX version or something

disgusting fucking heat sink shapes for fuck sake

have you looked into asrock? they tend to look ok

>They should make a fucking more affordable version. Like a MictoATX version or something
Eventually the price will go down once there is more demand and competition
I expect we'll see workstation-tier ARM boards with free firmware rather soon
There are already very powerful ARM servers

that but with simple heat-sinks added would be fucking perfect

disgusting

they didn;t have bios overclocking/overvolting etc iirc

I use this,
overclocking with an H-chipset.
The "Fatal1ty" thing is a bit autiostic, but it's bearable.

Attached: A1y7JzhZLlL._SX569_.jpg (569x431, 64K)