Are there any anons owning a website and making money from it...

Are there any anons owning a website and making money from it? What is it about and how much time did it take to start generating revenue?

Attached: 818N1yUIQ4L._UY395_[1].jpg (377x395, 22K)

>steal noods from instagram thots
>make gallery on free webspace
>insert shitcoin mining script

UNLIMITED PROFIT

I set up a flash game website a long time ago on someone's landing page (was selling some dumb get rich quick shit), and it started making money the first week, but the gig was up after a while.
And by money I mean a few dollars. Also China kept crawling it.

How much is a few?

I have a chan website about a year old now. No shekels as of now.

I run a site that gets 13 million hits a month and I don't make anything off it

Nope. But I've heard of a lot of a few anons making money by hosting a Minecraft server. I guess you'd need a dedicated system and a reliable internet connection to be able to do that though

>of a lot of a few
went full retard. I meant "I've heard of a few anons.."

I set up websites and write direct response copy.

AMA.

Usually it takes a week or so to get ad targeting down.
Write a bunch of different (!) ads, run each for about $50-100 on Facebook, people click, they buy, you get cash.

Once you have a winner ad, write some variations on it, too, and keep testing.

If your stuff ain't selling, first thing to change is the copy, then the offer, then the price.

Obviously it varies by industry, but if you have cash for adspend, you should be able to do quite well.

...how?

How the fuck are you not making money?

>How the fuck are you not making money?
I'm not trying to. I don't run ads at all.

Consider adding affiliate links.

My wife runs a medium-size tumbler blog (

>My wife runs a medium-size tumbler blog (

>makes ~$10-20 a month from it
But that's worthless. Why would I bother putting effort into doing that for so little money?

As mentioned, it's an afterthought.

It's good enough for keeping our domains up to date, and hosting.

Most of my client's stuff is in the $300-600 range for a single purchase, with four/five figure upsells, so adspend is quite high overall, frequently over $2k/wk.

But, if what you sell is good enough, and you get decent marketing, it is worthwhile.

I don't sell anything or have any marketing. It's just a community website.

And "afterthoughts" that require me to spend time establishing and maintaining deals with other websites for a trickle of revenue don't sound like a great fit for a website that I don't touch for months at a time

Open a donation box?

Does it even pay for itself at this point, or are you operating at a loss?

>Open a donation box?
I allow people to donate up to the infrastructure cost (which is about $30/yr) at which point donations automatically close. So far the site has payed for itself for its entire existence, but I wouldn't notice if it started operating at a loss anyway.

Is it possible to outsource making ads and copy? I fucking hate writing copy.

have you considered the fact that not everything is created to drive a profit?
sounds based as fuck

>$30/yr
>13m hits
HOW THE FUCK?

I get charged double that for hosting fairly small websites not exceeding 2k hits/mth.

What do you use?

Absolutely. Depends on what you need exactly, though. You'll find "content marketing" to be super-cheap, and pretty useless in terms of bringing in cashola.

If you go direct response, you'll want someone who actually knows what they're doing. Which sadly comes with having to deal with some rather large personalities.

And high tickets. And lots of time.

So... yeah. If you can, look up Perry Belcher's 21 step copy template.

You likely don't need top-tier copy right away, so keep it as cheap as possible.

>have you considered the fact that not everything is created to drive a profit?
Yes. But at the same time, why work harder than you have to?
If you can get $$$ out of your websites, why the FUCK would you choose not to?

It's not like we're talking about gimping functionality or adding obnoxious ads here - just giving people the option to use your affiliate links if they buy stuff anyway, or give them a small gentle nudge to donate if they find the service helpful.

It's a long way from daily newsletters, massive pop-ups and websites which autoplay VSL's.

Merch (tshirt-mug-hat) is the more subtle easier to way to make money on a website.

The only work is finding a decent company to make and distribute the product

>What do you use?
Cloudflare saves me two thirds of the bandwidth for free by caching static assets. Actual host is just a normal shitty VPS that I installed nginx and mysql on. Handles the load just fine.

>at the same time, why work harder than you have to?
That's exactly my question to you. Why would I put in the effort to implement this shit you keep recommending for the paltry compensation it apparently offers? I have a well paying job already and don't need to scrape around for $10 here and there. The only reason I run this site is because my friend asked me to because the community he was a part of kept getting abused by their hosts.

I'm not going to put in the effort to set up fucking merch jesus christ.

>Why would I put in the effort to implement this shit you keep recommending for the paltry compensation it apparently offers?

Well, putting up aff. links is like 4-5 minutes tops.

The more complex things obviously would require more time, but they do have a much higher return. As mentioned, a $97 e-book you can write on a Saturday evening while drunk is an easy sell. And it's evergreen, just leave the offer up on the website and let the traffic do its job.

>putting up aff. links is like 4-5 minutes tops
Do I not have to contact the owner of the site I'm linking to to negotiate payment? Of course just adding a link to the page is only going to be a few minutes, but I'm not going to get paid for that. Is there some way to just link a site and automatically make money from it, or are you misrepresenting the time costs of doing these things?

Amazon gives away links for free, just sign up with Amazon Associates, and you're good to go.

If you want to do the more shady stuff, yeah, you'll need to get a unique contract with the manufacturer.

>paste jpg on mug
>paste jpg on T-shirt
>paste jpg on sweat
>add link to shop tab

30 minutes work

The distributor will probably only give 10% but w.e

bump