I updated Skype and it got ridiculously worse. I can no longer even see who is online or not...

I updated Skype and it got ridiculously worse. I can no longer even see who is online or not, just vague "Last seen X minutes ago". What is this shit. This is supposed to be a desktop application, not some smartphone crap WHAT WERE THEY THINKEN

Attached: 003201809.png (344x165, 9K)

>winblows 10
fucking retard

Fuck off

I'm using Windows 7, cockface.

Fuck you too

>I'm using Windows 7, cockface.
Sorry, no need to be so rude :(

Sorry

Attached: 1340831998273.png (283x305, 87K)

Use Discord

does anyone actually even want to talk to you?

I need to contact distant relatives are they are too old for that.

>Use a direct line to the FBI
No thanks, officer, I'd rather text my friends.

>I updated
This was your mistake. I never update anything if it's working correctly. Don't fix what ain't broken.

Good thing I didn't update in a year

Attached: ss (2018-09-29 at 16.59.48).png (655x557, 21K)

However, now about twice a day, Skype suddenly opens itself and steals focus, to show me the "This version of skype will no longer work in the future!" disclaimer.
It's fucking retarded when you're playing a vidya and then the game alt-tabs to skype on its own to force you to update.
>I never update anything if it's working correctly. Don't fix what ain't broken.
By that logic we'd still be using sticks and stones and never have any progress.

Fire and the wheel represent significant material improvements over sticks and stones. There is a clear case for upgrading. Stick users who upgrade to using fire will enjoy an immediately improved experience, as can be verified be testimony from other users around them.

The same cannot be said for updating Skype. The new Skype is strictly worse than the old Skype. It provides no improvements and several serious problems. This was already widely known and everyone using it can confirm that for you.

If OP had stopped to check whether the update was actually an improvement in any way, he wouldn't have fallen into this trap.

But for that, people had to upgrade to fire and wheels first.
If people never tried to improve things that already worked, there'd be no progress.
Skype got worse, but "if it works, never try to change it" is retarded.

Okay well how about we upgrade you to have a baseball bat jammed up your ass, hotshot?
Would you call that an upgrade just cuz it's different? How can you argue it's not just as much of an attempt at improving you as new skype improving on old skype?

That's clearly not an upgrade, but you were arguing that something that already works should never be attempted to be improved, even if it is an improvement

That's a good argument for being an early adopter of things. However, the new version of Skype has been out for a while, and the reports from early adopters are already in. To summarise: It's shit.

I'm not the person you responded to, but
>That's clearly not an upgrade
Other things that are clearly not upgrades include the new version of Skype.

I was not arguing in favor of skype, I was arguing against the phrase "Don't fix what ain't broken."

Yeah but by your logic we should also change things just for the sake of them regardless if they're a real upgrade or not

Discord is just as bad as skype. Use a white man's VOIP program like mumble.

Are there any decent video conference and group screen streaming alternatives yet?

the honeypot of online sites, just look at the people running it their all ((them)) and they hate freedom and America which they have said so that should tell you everything you need to know.

>just as bad
Discord has problems but thats just blatantly false lol

no, Skype is the default app in business and enterprise workplaces. You are forced to use Skype because your Boss dont want use other apps.

Skype, Gmail, Reddit... all are moving to an infantilized mobile-ized UI.

I use it for personal group calls with friends, we've been looking for alternatives since before skype 8 release but so far everything is inferior in some way.

>mfw skype started updating itself on its own

Attached: 1386553517239.png (420x430, 212K)

I use a Mac for work and communication. Skype on Mac became super cancer years ago, but luckily it was possible to download an old version and not let it update. However, about a month ago that shit updated to the newest version without asking me.

It absolutely boggles my mind how Microsoft pushes updates for their products that completely ruin the usability. It's not even about advertising or pushing some other product of theirs. They simply fucked it up and left it that. Why the FUCK would they do this?

Attached: 10:10.png (500x500, 32K)

>I can no longer even see who is online or not

>Green dots displayed next to people who are online
>Can literally view a list of people who are online

The only dot that shows up is next to my avatar. There are no icons next to any of my contacts that prior to the update were often online. I can check their profile and it lists "Last seen X ago" whereas for me it lists "Active". Something is either really bugged or they are attempting to do a smartphone-esque always online experience which has absolutely no usage for online calls or desktop use.

>they hate America
Sign me in

>they hate america

Are you a paid shill? That's the first time I've seen this kind of positive marketing on this board, downloading right now, thanks senpai.