So my computer finally died I go to amazon and CPU prices increased by 40-50%

So my computer finally died I go to amazon and CPU prices increased by 40-50%
What the fuck happened?

Attached: 28.jpg (2500x2500, 406K)

Other urls found in this thread:

agner.org/optimize/blog/read.php?i=838
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Brian JUST fucked your prices up.

incel's meltdown is getting worse and it's now a security vulnerability this time

Attached: top_lel.png (1053x535, 342K)

Source was wrong in the end.
H310 is Intel in-house but on 22nm.

Intel has a massive supply shortage. Prices are probably gonna keep going up.

Get an AMD processor.

christ

Attached: 1471759307621.jpg (2048x1152, 259K)

>Intel has a massive supply shortage
/thread
Intel products are so far ahead that they can't keep up with the demand

Ryzen doesn't have this problem

>my computer finally died

>prices increased by 40-50%
What the fuck happened?

the autism is real

Buy a PS4

More like they moved all their chipset production, the modems delivered to Apple etc. to 14nm expecting 10nm soon, but then when it keeps being delayed they can't produce enough CPUs.

This is Intel's fuckup, not them being ahead.

Buy Ryzen.

>Buy a PS4

Nigga I work with photoshop/sai I don't want a console or a shitty AMD processor

Okay then, just make to get the most expensive AIO cooler you can find for your i3 housefire and a high end liquid refrigent if you get an i7. Must be nice getting free electricity too.

Attached: 1528257832783.png (823x520, 436K)

>intlel

Attached: 1532119430581.jpg (1024x576, 44K)

Literally just heard a bell ding at my restaurant as soon as I opened your image, that was perfect.

Prices are only up 15 dollars on amazon for the i3s and i5s locked skews. Just pay 200 for an 8400, its actually decent for adobe products

insider "shortage"

>shitty AMD processor
Please be bait

however, now is a great time to buy an SSD. They're cheaper right now than they've ever been

Yeah man, fucking 2-core intel processors consuming more juice than an 8-core AMD one is totally reasonable, right?

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9PLzUvNzY1NTA5L29yaWdpbmFsL2ltYWdlMDA4LnBuZw==(1).jpg (712x1435, 193K)

nice b8 m8

My core i5 4690 is still comfy. Though I often wonder when I should consider upgrading, even though I'll never overclock

Attached: 51m7EsJG9-L.jpg (397x500, 49K)

Yes considering its an avx bench and amd sucks dick at avx

Intel is killing their 8th gen to pave way for 9th gen

Jewtube shills already have 9th gen CPUs, that means the review embargo will be lifted in a week or two

when is that gen coming?
also, since they killed i3s are they releasing any new budget processor?

i3s DON'T HAVE AVX 512 you mong.

and?

I don't get it. AMD seems to be doing just fine in nT AVX/SSE workloads. Are you talking about avx-512? Because that's the i9 chewing 230 fucking watts.

Attached: x265-2.jpg (600x600, 102K)

and?

Only AVX-512 causes a huge spike in power consumption when used which would be the i9 i that graph.

This information is incorrect.

>muh power consumption

What about the performance

Look at the i9 m8, that thing is ready to violently burst into flames. It's so bad that you literally require high end liquid refrifents units if you wanna hit 5GHz on AVX-512 chips.

Attached: behind_the_scenes.jpg (1920x1080, 115K)

AMD consumers are so impoverished that saving on electricity becomes a priority.

see inb4 2-4 thread intensive gaymen loads on 720p

Attached: perfrel_2560_1440.png (500x970, 49K)

lmao

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 28K)

A weak attempt at humor, hiding impotent rage. Very fitting for an underdog.

just get AMD

Let's go over the list one more time. Let me know if I'm missing anything.

Multi-core doesn't matter!
Productivity doesn't matter!
Price/performance doesn't matter!
Performance per watt doesn't matter!
Power usage doesn't matter!
Temperatures don't matter!
Soldered dies don't matter!
Stutters don't matter!
Streaming doesn't matter!
Data centers don't matter!
Locked CPUs don't matter!
OEMs don't matter!
Hyperscalers don't matter!
Upgradeability doesn't matter!
Anti-competitive business practices don't matter!
Locked platform features don't matter!
Synthetic loads don't matter!
PCI-e lanes don't matter!
Burnt pins don't matter!
Heat doesn't matter!
Server space doesn't matter!
ECC support doesn't matter!
Sales don't matter!
7nm doesn't matter!
HEDT doesn't matter!
StoreMI doesn't matter!
Security doesn't matter!
Stock coolers don't matter!
Games don't always matter!
*NEW* VMware doesn't matter!
*NEW* MySQL doesn't matter!
*NEW* Unix doesn't matter!
*NEW* Linux doesn't matter (only Windows performance matters!)
*NEW* Enterprise doesn't matter!
*NEW* Hyper Threading doesn't matter (BUT IT'S STILL BETTER THAN SMT)!
*NEW* Benchmarks after full patches don't matter!

Attached: 1535238777119.png (2000x1543, 58K)

A weak attempt at humor, hiding impotent rage. Very fitting for an underdog.

lmao seething samefag

Quite an ironic post :^)

INEFFICIENT

Post the image on the left please.

wtf, that wasn't the image I posted.....

wow, so this is the power of intel

>Only AVX-512 causes a huge spike in power consumption
That is not true, AVX-256 (which is what "AVX" normally refers to unless very explicitly specified) is what causes the ordinary negative AVX-offset to clock frequency on Intel.

based

Goyim buy more Intel processors than they can manufacture.
Be smarter than them and buy AyyMD

>AMD seems to be doing just fine in nT AVX/SSE workloads.
Which is not particularly strange, since they do have roughly the same AVX throughput. Where Intel has two 256-bit pipelines, AMD has four 128-bit ones. The big difference is that Intel's two pipes are capable of all AVX-256 instructions (so 2 256-bit FMAs per cycle), whereas AMD's pipes are asymmetric, and only one pair, for instance, is FMA-capable. Also AMD requires more physical registers and instruction slots for AVX-256 code, but that probably doesn't matter all that much.

Attached: 1492139297054.jpg (752x548, 282K)

I'm still running my I5 2500k at 4.3ghz from 2012. She is still running like brand new.

So intel is literally fucking dogshit? Got it.

Given how well SMT turned out to be, I'd say if implemented properly you can squeeze out like 5 micro-ops out of those 128-bit pairs.

Attached: Zenuarch.png (1267x630, 115K)

That's because incel though using a single 256-bit AVX unit is better than 2 128-bit AVX units doing mixed math with more micro ops. The result is pic related especially with AVX 512 units they're gonna botch cannonlake with.

>inb4 cannonlake i3s consume ~150W because of these stupid meme instructions GPUs do a better job at anyway.

Attached: electrical-fire.jpg (400x300, 26K)

Who the fuck uses 256 or even 512 bit FP math in common programming? You can barely use 128-bit math on some rare super uber fine calculations.

Are just doing a pissing contest now? When is intel going to include 2048-bit vector?

>meme instructions GPUs do a better job at anyway
That is only assuming it's worth to pack the data up and copy it over to a GPU for processing. There are tons of more local tasks where it wouldn't make sense to go those extra steps for acceleration. If Intel could effectively replace their own iGPU with AVX-512, I don't think anyone would complain. Not that it seems that's what they're going to do.

On the third hand, what is really interesting is RISC-V's vector extension. Given that the ISA is agnostic of vector width, it could see really nice implementations in high-end hardware, and quite potentially even supersede GPUs as dedicated hardware. In more heavy, industrial workloads, what is really holding GPUs back is their inability to eg. handle pagefaults. I wouldn't be surprised if the vector extension turns out to be RISC-V's killer feature in that way, starting it out from scientific supercomputers or render farms, and growing its way downwards into ordinary PCs.

>So intel is literally fucking dogshit? Got it.
Not that I'm particularly keen on defending Intel, but there's no reason to assume that full load on Zen's four vector pipes would consume any less power. It's quite imaginable that PB clocks down further when that is the case, just that AMD doesn't explicitly specify different AVX and non-AVX frequencies.
>I'd say if implemented properly you can squeeze out like 5 micro-ops out of those 128-bit pairs.
How would you get 5 µops out of 4 pipes? That doesn't make sense.

Tfw I got an r5 1600x with a motherboard for $200 from Microcenter a few weeks ago with my boyfriend.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-29_14-32-29.png (1160x706, 177K)

>Who the fuck uses 256 or even 512 bit FP math in common programming?
Are you actually retarded? 256-bit SIMD is for being able to do 8 32-bit operations (or 4 64-bit, &c&c) in one instruction, not to do math on 256-bit numbers.

Why not just do them in their own separate ops in a really really huge multi-FP parallel device? You know like A FUCKING GPU?

Attached: tegra-k1-die-shot.jpg (700x700, 202K)

lucky faggot

You really are retarded, aren't you? GPUs are the exact same thing, only even wider. IIRC, nVidia's architecture is simply 2048-bit SIMD. Could be 1024-bit, but I don't think so. All those """4096""" CUDA """cores""" are just vector lanes.

Sorry was confused by total micro ops on the core itself. Still pretty fucking dope tho.

>"Well, my testing shows that it was not four, and not six, but five. As long as the code is running from the micro-operations cache, it can execute five instructions per clock, where Intel has only four."

agner.org/optimize/blog/read.php?i=838

Right but according MADs HSA thing it would allow for breddy fast code execution and calculations since GPU would be SJW'd to be treated like cpu cores, right?

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9HL1IvNDY1ODY3L29yaWdpbmFsL2FtZC1jYXJpenpvLWhzYS5QTkc=(1).jpg (600x333, 83K)

No, that's not at all what it means. It only really means that the CPU and GPU use the same physical address space, which is currently not the case (the CPU cannot access VRAM). They've let slip from time to time that their GPUs would also become able to use the same paging structures as the CPU, but that seems to not even be on the current practical roadmap, even though it would be a very big deal. For that, however, see RISC-V's vector extension in .

I definitely got lucky later that night c;

lol intel.

Attached: 48350476-1531951406729652.jpg (640x360, 12K)

4 more years until intlel's new uarch, just hang in there :)

>tripfags shitposting and being cancer
Embrassing

Get aids

>first GPU prices go through the roof
>then RAM prices go through the roof
>now CPU prices go through the roof

YAMEROOOOOO

Attached: 1535873881895.jpg (472x472, 12K)

>now CPU prices go through the roof
Fortunately it only applies to Intel prices.

Faggots are not welcome.

Attached: faggot-14.jpg (1200x848, 161K)

>incels being so mad they can't spell right
Embarrassing

exactly, it's just a fuckwit tax

>incel is now desperately trying to pasa off 22nm parts into the 14nm supply chain as they struggle to deliver 14nm and keep delaying 10nm indefinitely
idiot tax it seems

Shameless

kek. Even Jewgle can't tell the difference between random geometric shapes and modern art.

Attached: ss.png (719x388, 51K)

22nm is chipset stuff. 14nm is all pegged fir xeon and core tho lower stuff isn't a priority ATM. They did just announced a billion dollar upgrade into their manufacturing lines to pick up the slack.

If you need a low end Walmart could then and, once again, is the way to go.

CPU and GPU architectures are art.

They may be beautiful, but that's not the same thing as art. You wouldn't call the most gorgeous seashell "art".

Intel was supposed to have 10nm chips for 5 years now, but every chip is still 14nm+++++++++++++++ so they are having manufacturing overloads, which is why prices for Intel processors are 100 USD more expensive than they were 2 weeks ago

I wish that everyone stupid enough to buy Intel shit would be killed off.

weak bait

>JUST chipsets
FOR NOW, mark my words incel

just you wait Intelliot

Attached: 2018-09-25 20_55_08.png (708x201, 10K)

DEVILISH

Ignore AMaD FUD, 9th gen is coming soon and will BTFO everything, the prices are high because no new 8th gens are being produced

9th gen is going to have avx-512 housefires m8, these things are going to be nuclear reactors

Attached: overclocked-7980xe-power (1).jpg (700x486, 38K)

>Nigga

Off yourself

Why would you use FX processors? You know zen is a thing now, right?

Okay but can someone please tell me why used 4790Ks are still going for $200+ on eBay?

people are buying them, that's why. the r5 2600 is the best value CPU right now.

They mistakenly believe the IHS is soldered on. Only haswell and older has that. This is a big reason why modern intel trash requires AIOs at 4GHz.

I have a 4690k and I might update when ryzen 2 gets here

>i3
Unless you're buying an i7, there's absolutely no reason to buy Intel. Ryzen slaughters Intel at every price point.

>he doesn't realize 9th gen is 14nm as well
The new 8-core i9 is a joke. It barely beats the 2700X with an 800mhz clock advantage.

t. malkav xerox-printer pronounce purple dildo programmer

Attached: P.png (630x371, 35K)