List software you refuse to upgrade because it's perfect already

List software you refuse to upgrade because it's perfect already

>7z 9.20
>Office 97
>PaintDotNet 3.3.6
>Windows 7

Attached: 1538142448315.jpg (367x316, 32K)

Enjoy your 0 days and Micros**t itself actively working to cuck you.

Microsoft Windows 7
Microsoft Office 2007

keep outdated stuff offline

None of that software is anywhere near perfect

everything on my system (I use arch btw)

This.

>what is a zero day exploit
wait.. hold up
>windows 7
>release date july 22, 2009
>what is a 3,356 day exploit

Well, a criminal will want to attack the juiciest target.
Basically dumb people with money.
And pretty much all the users that fit this description are using windows 10.
And while windows 10 have forced updates, it is just a larger surface for attack, given all the extra online services running on a W10 box at any given time.

This you can browse the web with Windows 95 and never get a virus these days because nobody is wasting time writing viruses for an operation system only 5 people are using

absolutely no concept of security

DELET

Attached: 1535733792400.png (640x480, 276K)

Why'd you use 7zip over WinRar?

I know the former is free, but other than the hastle of cracking it, I like the WinRar UI more

wider format support

Just being practical here.
Of course, if you piss off the wrong _ZeroCool_, you would want to have some hardened BSD thing as you OS, but if you're a nobody, you just don't want to be in the flock of the juiciest targets.

>visit questionable website
>it sends useragent specifying windows 95
>thousands of exploits exist, not even trying to patch since it's unsupported
>sends malicious code to your computer
>welp that was fun

if you think you're safe because you're not a "target" you've got the wrong idea about security. Everybody is a target when the cost of finding them is so low.

Windows, I only install security upgrades manually. Not that it's actually even needed when you have any brains at all and aren't a high risk target.

better compression rate

Is this an anime girl inside a penis?

It's a blanket

Exploiting targets is not an "low cost" thing by any means.
Viruses are quite sophisticated pieces of software that have to exploit some very specific and annoying bugs.

Windows 7
Office 2010
Photoshop 13.1.2
Sound Forge 9.0e

>Viruses are quite sophisticated pieces of software that have to exploit some very specific and annoying bugs.
that were written a decade ago and still work because your software isn't updated.
using outdated software is never a good idea.

Windows 8.1
Office 2010
Photoshop 2015

You really think people are wasting hard drive space and bandwidth to distribute viruses that don't work on 99.9% of victims? And the ones they do work on are just hobbyists running old OSs to play retro video games not do internet banking.

literally takes no effort to have an "if useragent = win95, then send malicious code"
along with hundreds of other if/then's for every possible exploit. have you ever watched a firewall log? literally just probing every possible port for a known vulnerability. if the scanner finds something out of the hundreds of known vulnerabilities it will automatically deploy the exploit.
>hard drive space and bandwidth
what, like 3 MB exploit?
even if you don't do anything with the OS having your system compromised will open you up to any number of things. Most likely is being used for DDOS attacks. You literally become a part of the botnet, and not the botnet that the children on Jow Forums post about because they don't know what a botnet is.

Do you think governments are still maintaining exploits for enigma machines ?

>enigma machines
strawman argument, not even relevant to the software we are talking about today.
nobody is using enigma machines, and they shouldn't be, the Brits exploited them while they were still in production.

win 95 still has exploits, and the government still has them in their toolset, (ie DoublePulsar)
I don't know how many people are still using windows 95, but there is most certainly people who have the exploits still.

Are you fucking retarded