Chairs are technology. What do you sit on at your battlestation?

Chairs are technology. What do you sit on at your battlestation?

>staples cheapo
>it's already breaking down
>required added extra padding for lumbar support
would not recommend

Attached: s0421649_sc7.jpg (380x380, 10K)

I'm part giant, so a La-Z-Boy big and tall office chair.

the important part is building up your back and core by exercising. no amount of money thrown at a chair will save you if you aren't working out between long lengths of sitting in a chair.

Steelcase Leap V2. Surprisingly comfortable for long durations, more adjustments than I know what to do with. The all-plastic ones like I have seem overpriced but I scored mine on Craigslist for $80.

Attached: Steelcase-Leap-V2-Black-03.jpg (1500x1500, 93K)

What's a good chair for 200 at most with a headrest?

Electric recliner with dual cup holders and storage compartments and touch controls for forward and back reclining. $900 Canuckistan pesos from the Brick.

Attached: glow.png (606x472, 185K)

It's over $2000 and is god send. Sometimes I will drive to the nearest luxury furniture store after work just to sit in their selection of chairs like this.

I would never waste the money on one, but I would gladly rate it above anything else i've ever tried.

Attached: file.png (700x467, 503K)

ikea has a new version of "MARKUS" its called "JÄRVFJÄLLET" with ajustable headrest, lumbar support

Attached: 41Kz4rqCT7L.jpg (466x500, 29K)

This. I wanted a real leather chair with a headrest that didn't look tacky for under 500 euro.

Attached: stamm_ASPERA_20_colour.jpg (2000x2000, 197K)

Review IKEA Markus for me

I just buy whatever cheap office chair I find because I know it's eventually going to rip and tear like they always do.

Attached: 1538107311780.jpg (360x360, 25K)

Quality chairs do last.

Great chair. I've sat on one at work a couple of times and bought one myself for use at home.

ikea markus is fine but check out jarvfjallet. 1:1 same char but with more adjustments

loses butt padding after a few years, and isn't the most well-built chair. Depending on your proportions can either be ergonomic or not, not that adjustable though. Fine if you don't have the $450 for a used Aeron or a Leap.

Thanks lads, seems good enough for me.

>loses butt padding after a few years
I guess you could try getting a warranty repair in that case, as these chairs come with a ridiculously long one.

Most uncomfortable chair ive ever used. Gave me back pain.

At the time, I was far away from an IKEA store, but yes, they are usually good about their warranty.

Bought a dxracer
Feels pretty luxurious after a generic cheap chair

I use a cheapo plastic chair because when ever I sit on a chair with a hydraulic pump I get paranoid that It'll explode and burrow up my asshole. Can anyone recommend me a nice office chair without one of those?

Attached: Cheap-Stacking-Armless-White-Plastic-Chair-cheap.jpg (750x750, 114K)

>500 EUR
>A FUCKING CHAIR

You sit on it the whole day, so why not

comfy chair will literally make you move less and give you blod clots and kill you having a too comphy chair is bad for you it will also fuck up your circulation make you impotent and fat. a hard uncomfortable chair that you move around is actually better for you in the long run.

Or you could just stand up and walk around a bit once in a while

Is this what peak comfy looks like?

Have any of you tried any meme racer chairs? I live in south america so a Herman Miller/Steelcase ends up being 2 to 3 times the regular price due to import fees. Some of those """""top""""" gamer chair brands make it here though like AKRacing, DTRacer or Noblechairs

It seems like the lumbar support for those is basically a small cushion which seems awful

I bought one used but it squeaks like a motherfucker and one of the arm rests refuses to go down. I'm also not a fatass so it's wider than it needs to be.

Kinnarps 9000 high back with neck rest

btw wtf with captcha when it slowly fades and comes back. that's purely made to annoy

ergonomy is not waste of money. you will thank urself when u old and have been sitting on comp for 50yrs and ur back's not dead. that particular chair might not be too economic but yea...

Good for a cheap-ass chair, but gets BTFO’d by any real quality chair. If you can afford better, it’s worth it to get something of more quality.

not economic but ergonomic rofl

this

get a "real" office chair for a few bucks more off ebay, even older ones last a long time

Attached: 1457260501237.jpg (1357x1012, 332K)

dual cup holders are understandable, but touch controls seem like gimmick more than anything. worth it for the price?

>its expensive so it must be good !!!!11!!!!!
npc-tier logic

Did that ever happen?

it's actually pretty comfy, and you can curl up into a ball with a blanket.

Attached: 9278321_R_Z001A_UC1278555.jpg (570x513, 28K)

yes

Attached: zTyfHGs.jpg (1024x769, 122K)

The chair itself was 360 euro. The chair I had before this was 35 euro and flaked to hell. I'd rather pay for something that will last than for something I have to keep replacing all the time. Also

This, pic related is a fucking 1000$ wooden stool. But it's made by Herman Miller so it must be worth the price right?

Attached: ig_prd_ovw_crosshatch_stool_01.jpg (1200x1600, 41K)

That poor guy.

Have the Hyken. Three years on, the seat mesh is slightly stretched and makes noises when I lean back, but it's otherwise okay and certainly better than the $50 one I had before.

Best

Attached: aeron.jpg (425x425, 19K)

Some IKEA $50 chair I bought that doesn't have arm rests or lumbar support or anything. Honestly the only thing I wish I had more of is ass padding. My tailbone is killing me after an hour.

Most comfy chair I have ever used.

Attached: akracingpremium.jpg (1500x2250, 812K)

Attached: chair.jpg (750x1000, 349K)

I've seen a ton of reviews for those that shit on the lower back support

Said no one ever who has sat in one for any length of time.

I don't know, I've had a lot of good office chairs designed for ergonomic sitting positions but those are not really comfortable. No doubt a chair like this isn't good for your back unless you use it in the rigid upright position (I tilt it back a lot), but for comfort it's 10/10. Personally I stand up and walk around every hour so I'm not too worried, but this guy is basically correct

Embody owner here. Got it off of Craigslist for 550.

Not bad/10 but ymmv

>500 €
>no proper cushions on your armrests

I sit in my bed.

Looks comfy. What brand?

Just ordered one of these instead of an Aeron, how bad did I fuck up?

Attached: 0000966_okamura-contessa_550[1].jpg (550x550, 54K)

Its a mini car seat attached to an old swivel computer chair, with seatbelt pads on the armrests.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (869x1536, 133K)

Humanscale freedom fabric second hand for £200

Used to have an ikea markus this thing is a Drem to sit on.

Tried a couple of herman miller chairs. Preferred this. All personal preference however if your looking at a chair in this price range you really need to check it out.

No locking back rest which may be a no go for some it is all to do with weight I had to get used to it but mucb prefer it now

Attached: Screenshot_20180929-234231__01.jpg (1034x989, 202K)

I want this. Please do tell.

explain yourself

Attached: daffy.jpg (320x240, 8K)

my father has a somewhat similar chair, also quite expensive, but he bought it 40 years ago and it's still in great condition.
dont underestimate real quality.

bought this chair about a month ago, 165$ off of amazon, no regrets
used one of those mesh chairs for a while but life's too short to not have comfy

Attached: 4.jpg (1500x1500, 104K)

Unfortunately there is no guide that works for all chairs, it depends on the frame of the car seat and what you have left to attach to on the computer chair with the seat removed.
The main thing you have to do is make the car seat base level so its comfortable while sitting at a desk. And mount the seat as low as you can for max height adjust, strip all the slide rails off or you may find the chair no longer goes low enough.

Attached: IMG_20180929_234813.jpg (1000x750, 186K)

I got a chair from a late 90s music store that has no recline and a fabric orange seat. I've been told that it looks like captain kirks chair.

post pics

>Anonymous
is it FOSS?

Attached: 20180929_190742.jpg (3264x2448, 2.72M)

Can confirm; sitting on a Stressless Magic after years and years of buying every chair under the sun and never being comfortable.
Doesn't matter on the position or how your sitting; always supported, always comfy, with no adjustments needed..There is nothing else out there like it, worth every damn penny.

Unlike the below,

which unless you're sitting perfectly are as comfy as a £30 chair from Ikea..
Oh, and lets not forget the constant adjustments for the rest of your life to the lumbar support... Don't fall for the ergonomic meme

Switched devices for this so the filename could be wierd. It's pretty filthy now that I think of it

Attached: 20180929_190800.jpg (3264x2448, 2.11M)

Follow your dreams user

Its the coming together of a broken computer chair with a backrest that wouldn't stay upright and a car seat with a failed airbag.

Attached: IMG_20180630_130654.jpg (639x1000, 156K)

boomer dad tier

Attached: F8BC357A-81DF-42D1-A263-A1B53BDAF801.png (680x378, 389K)

>its expensive so it must be good
>missed the part where user said he goes and tries them out

Hello NPC, who let you out of your cage today?

I have an old car that basically has a couch for front and back seats and have been so tempted to find another cheap scraper to take them out of and do just that.

id get one of these

Attached: HAG_Capisco_gorgos-irodaszek-forgoszek-03.jpg (1126x1126, 189K)

In my heart this is all I've ever wanted

Yeah, I'm saving up to drop some serious cash on a proper workstation with good ergonomics. Been sitting down staring at glass fingering plastic for the vast majority of my life and the toll on my body is starting to show. Got in a motorcycle accident a year ago and now I get neck/back pain if I sit or sleep wrong and it is fucking awful. Need to find a good chair, get some monitor stands, adjust my desk, and get some ergomeme keyboard/mouse setup or either my hands or neck are going to end my life within the next few years.

I got the chair in op's pic. It's okay, still better than this ricer shit

>adapter plug for fleshlight
What a future we live in.

Whatever $200 staples mesh chair they have with the armrests removed. Before that some $50 chair from the 90s that I've had since about 2000. No rips, no tears, the cylinder never even failed either. Still have it too. But then again I'm only 160lbs haha

It's on par for a powered recliner. I've bought cheap recliners before and got burned and serious back pain from the cushions wearing out after a few months. You got to spend money. The touch controls are underneath the right cupholder so you don't have to reach over the side of the chair like you do on most recliners. That means no awkward leaning or stretching and I can put a table right up close to the chair for my mouse and mousepad.

Good enough for now

Attached: millberget-swivel-chair-bomstad-black__0470187_pe612589_s31.jpg (375x375, 7K)

you don't do that if chair is comfy that's the entire point mate. a comfortable chair will kill you

life's too short to not enjoy a nice comfy chair

~15$, can recommend.

Attached: Gymnastic-ball-inSPORTline-Top-Ball-85-cm.jpg (1000x1000, 112K)

Ya wouldn't think there's a $3000 desktop by my feet

Attached: 3A35B969-B8FD-439C-A3D1-AED53E5997D1.jpg (2048x2048, 681K)

Eurotech ioo
Got it for like $250 used in like new condition
Like it so far but still keeping my eye out for a Like New $500 Leap

At $2000 there's massive diminishing returns.
You can get a new Leap or Aeron for half that

Attached: dxracer_boss_gaming_chair__ohbe120nw_20.jpg (690x960, 69K)

A meme chair that will do you no better than the office supply store chairs that you can get for a third of the price

Office Master Truly. It's okay. They kinda nickel and dime you on the add-ons. The headrest was probably a mistake but the armrests are up to you and personally I stopped using them because I like to cross my legs. The good thing is it's not bad on the wallet if you just get the base chair, which is fine on its own. Defintiely not as nice a steelcase though

For now a box, because the Embody I ordered takes two months to ship.

Get some chairs with feet like this. It's not as movable like the ones with wheels but you won't have to worry about your ass all the time.

Attached: PC-9450A.jpg (500x500, 19K)

Did you make it yourself?

I'm not memeing now, buy a gayming chair. I'm serious. They offer way more comfortness and adjustability than most office chairs for their price and they will hold way longe than a fucking cheapo Ikea Markus. Exactly what brand though is up to you. I have pic related and I couldn't be happier. I got so much backpain from my cheap office chairs but in this one I can sit hours on end.

Attached: muhgaymingchair.jpg (429x679, 26K)

Similar to my poker set up

How can anybody say this
Just look at this thing, you can just see that when you strip out all the retarded wings and holes and bucket sides its literally 2 flat boards of foam with a cushion for "lumbar support"
what the fuck, I'm not spending hundreds of dollars on this. It's 2018, what about an actual chair made to hold an actual human back

If you think this is comfortable you probably just have never set in an actual chair in your life

Its worth it, this is by far the comfiest pc chair I've had, strangely it feels more comfortable than it did in the car.
My seat was in a bit of a state, it cleaned up really well though.

Yes, you could probably make do with a grinder, drill and some nuts/bolts.
Its quicker with a welder though.

Attached: VID_20180629_193515.webm (1280x720, 909K)

>If you think this is comfortable you probably just have never set in an actual chair in your life

Have you sat in a gayming chair before?

I'm not crafty enough to build something like that. But just curious, how do you determine if the chair's feet strong enough to support the car seat and your weight? I'd assume a car seat is much heavier than average office chairs, right?

You really need an office chair, and inspect how its held together, this one is fully welded, slot together ikea stuff probably isn't up to it.
Most of the weight on the car seat was the slider to move it backwards and forwards and the tilt adjust, I removed all that though. I just put it on the scales, the whole chair is almost 22kgs, its pretty heavy but not too extreme.

>pic related
is what used to be on it, just the base of the swivel chair was heavy enough by itself.

Attached: IMG_20180930_122204.jpg (750x721, 176K)

Oil the moving parts