I've fucking wasted my life away using Emacs but today I finally said no more...

I've fucking wasted my life away using Emacs but today I finally said no more. Fuck you Stallman! I hope die of ass cancer. Vim is my new best friend.

Attached: 544px-Vimlogo.svg.png (544x545, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ch11ng/exwm
youtube.com/watch?v=c7AihnLbw1E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good riddance

Indeed, only vim and VS code are the only decent text editors.

He fell for the emacs meme.

Attached: 1339550542744.jpg (894x801, 118K)

Why didn't you like emacs?

Emacs is a piece of crap, even nano is better.

Emacs can interact with the system clipboard OOTB.

Not on my machine.

How did you manage that? Go to a window, select some stuff and Ctrl-C, then go to emacs and C-y.

Does nothing.

Attached: Screenshot_20180929_215657.png (223x68, 3K)

vim has nice keybinds, but emacs is a better OS overall. That's why you use evil-mode with emacs of course to get the best of both worlds.

Then I have no idea because I did nothing but apt-get it and it works.

>apt-get
stopped reading right there

>hahaha
>what an idiot
>he got a working piece of software
>unlike a smarty-smart person like me who has a broken piece of software

>portage
>broken
pick ONE(1)

nano master race

So can vim. The problem is indenting gets messed up if you paste without +clipboard support.
There's workarounds for that tho.
>:help pastetoggle

Are you using Emacs in a terminal?

Well, duh. Where else would one use Emacs.

>supporting Ugandan children

There's your problem. Using Emacs in a terminal when you don't need to is borderline retarded, and it won't work with the clipboard without configuration. Just use graphical Emacs, it's WAY better as it can handle the keyboard properly and you get nice fringes.

How come you read about so many people switching from Emacs to Vim but never the other way around

Yeah, no thanks. I do 90% of my work on terminal, I don't want extra windows to worry about. If I wanted something graphical, I would be using a full-fledged IDE, not GUI emacs.

Most people are utterly retarded.

You can use Emacs as a terminal emulator if that matters, there's even a window manager implemented in elisp if you want to take a look at it
github.com/ch11ng/exwm

Too much of a hassle. I'm pretty specific with my setup. I need one-button fullscreen dropdown terminal with multiple windows as tabs.

Emacs is a great text mode ide. Vi is an editor

I use vim at trade school and I'd much rather use a regular text editor
>no mouse selection
for what purpose?

This is a bait thread. OP is lying. You never see people go from emacs to vim. There are people who go from default keybinds to vim-like keybindings on emacs though.

Emacs is superior software. It can do everything that vim can do and more. That's why neovim exists, because vim users want vim to do more than it can, but for whatever reason don't want to switch to emacs. The only thing vim has going for it, is its ergonomic keybindings. But, you can just simply use evil, spacemacs, or doom.

>ssh is slow on emacs
There is a plugin for that.

Attached: the-its-actually-gnu-plus-linux-starter-pack-just-like-18698081.png (500x522, 96K)

:set mouse=a

The fuck you need mouse selection for?

As much as I love emacs, I don't see a point to going to it when vscode exists for your heavy editing needs.

>>no mouse selection
It does have mouse selection though.

does it get set for that specific momment or forever?
to select a specific piece of text without using keys
I didn't know that, I'm a newbie to vim

>As much as I love emacs, I don't see a point to going to it when botnet exists for your heavy editing needs.
Ok pal

If you want it forever, add 'set mouse=a' to your vimrc.

if you insist on using the terminal then
install xclip system package and xclip mode
It should work

I never said that it couldn't be made to work. Just that it doesn't work out of the box.

>being such an autist that you use vim or emacs in 2018

Yeah, like, who the fuck needs to type text in 2018...

hahaha, how are you going to replace org-mode you loser?

>org-mode
Why do I even needs this shit in the first place?

That's what I said as well, before I found org-capture.

From man evim;
Aka
Also Known As "Vim for gumbies". When using evim you are expected to take a handkerchief, make a knot in each corner and wear it on your head.
youtube.com/watch?v=c7AihnLbw1E
evim or vim -y to start
control L to switch to normal vim < which you will need to know to use :help evim-keys or :q if your running vim in a terminal.

I personally dont understand people taking this fued seriously

Vi/Vim for quick edits, Emacs for projects. Vi is in absolutely everything

Working?
Debian was one of the distros that couldn't have my wifi working because of nonfree drivers. Even Void worked out of the box.

Stallman is a faggot the last time I saw him he was begging someone to write a free website he could use to connect to Mcdonalds wifi

vim doesn't work with scheme