Got into a huge argument with a mac fag

Got into a huge argument with a mac fag

He said its really easy to use Windows on a Mac. But he said it's impossible to use Mac on a Windows Machine.

He claims this is the reason why Mac is better.

I said I emulated Mac on a sheepshaver and I'm pretty sure modern day Mac can be run on a virtual machine aswell.

Attached: about-mac-os-9.png (800x600, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/DrDonk/unlocker
floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox/
pearpc.sourceforge.net/about.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>actually arguing over OS's
imagine being this autistic

That's a good point, but what value would Mac have to be needed if you have windows?

>windows and mac fags arguing over who has the better bike
>mac fag says you can't put training wheels on a motorcycle, check mate faggot
>windows fag says hold on, he can at least emulate a tricycle by turning off his engine
>all of a sudden a linux user runs over them with a freight train.

>>all of a sudden a linux user runs over them with a freight train...
>and crashes

Apple has Boot Camp as an official first-party solution for setting up a second partition with Windows. The drivers aren't the greatest but they do the job.

On the other hand, Hackintoshing requires specific hardware and constant community effort with every new OS release. It's not impossible but it's also not ideal. Not sure which (if any) virtualization programs in Windows can run macOS as a guest.

Also, Mac OS 9 and earlier have very little in common with the modern, NeXTSTEP-based macOS, other than some of the basic UI.

That's like arguing that the Sega Saturn was better than the PSX because it is more difficult to emulate

>Not sure which (if any) virtualization programs in Windows can run macOS as a guest.
vmware can, before installing hackintosh i've tried it out. what it does not support is hardware acceleration in vm.

>He said its really easy to use Windows on a Mac. But he said it's impossible to use Mac on a Windows Machine
He is kind of correct. Building a hackintosh requires very specific hardware and is annoying to setup, whereas windows will work on a much more broad range of hardware.
That being said, he is an idiot and his reasoning doesn't make sense. Something being more widely available does not make it worse. You are also probably an idiot for not realizing this flaw in his argument immediately.

It doesn't matter anyway. There are many reasons to emulate windows on Mac. There is no reason to emulate Mac on windows.

Its actually a huge feature of windows that it can be run on any hardware. While its a limitation of OS X that it only supports Apple hardware.

The thing is there is zero reasons to go through the trouble of installing OS X on non-mac hardware, because you'd be running an OS from the 90s jury rigged to work on modern hardware. That's what OS X is. Its a completely outdated, inferior, OS with depreciated tools, with ad-hoc gimmick features piled on every release, hidden behind a shitty GUI with dramatic animations and unnecessary transparency / blurring to make it look modern.

jellypoor buttmad currycuck detected

Attached: binny-bansal2c-group-ceo-and-co-found-d-satya-nadella2c-ceo2c-microsoft.jpg (640x400, 66K)

Yes, sir, now that's what I call a modern OS

>doesn't come with a good "dark as my soul" theme therefor its not modern

My point is that OS X's gaudy UI is meant to trick people into thinking its advanced when really its just an OS ripped from 90s open source software jury rigged and patched with minimal effort to run on newer intel hardware.

I said nothing about windows 10, even though its also an iteration of a 90s OS, but you are still judging it based on the default UI themes included which proves my point.

Tell him to google hackintosh

WHY SHOULD WE FUCKING CARE ? WHERE'S THE QUESTION? YOU JUST TOLD US A PIECE OF YOUR DAY. NOBODY GIVES TWO SHITS ABOUT YOUR LIFE REEEEEEEE

>I'm pretty sure modern day Mac can be run on a virtual machine aswell.
With no audio, no graphics acceleration, at a low resolution, etc.
When did Jow Forums become so tech illiterate?

Attached: 1521241039785.png (800x850, 385K)

you can run macos on generic x86 hardware using open source community developed software

>pedo weebposter calling others tech illiterate
>doesn't know about the VMware patch that runs MacOS at full resolution, with audio and graphics acceleration
EVERY-SINGLE-TIME

Got a source on that?
[spoiler]anime website btw[/spoiler]

Nice lie wincuck.

I run macOS on a virtual machine on my PC all the time. Works with very little performance penalty on VMWare.

Post some pictures

stop argueing with faggots

/thread

You're both fucking retarded, but at least he didn't make this shitty thread.

Macs hardware-wise are objectively the best laptops on the market by far.
The os is shit but the machine itself hasn't been beaten.

It's not a lie though. Does that make you feel a little less of a special snowflake?

Works with not much tweaking, this thing unlocks the artificial block that prevents macOS from running on VMWare.

Everything works, you can also drag stuff from Windows into the Mac VM and vice versa.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 9.28.06 am.png (1440x900, 610K)

That unlocker lets you install MacOS into a VM, it doesn't make the graphics work.

It does work albeit, not as fast as dedicated graphics, but you can easily pass through an AMD graphics card through VT-d

Wrong. It downloads the guest additions for MacOS which makes everything you mentioned work.

Kek. iFag homos BTFO.

Looking at It doesn't look that hardware acceleration works

Even Windows virtual machines report as 128MB. It works, it's just nowhere near as fast as native graphics, but much faster than software graphics.

And you know that how, homo? You are grasping at straws here. Just accept you were being an annoying little faggot and you don't know what you're talking about.

i've got an old 3.1 mac pro that i got it running on but it seems to hate the 770 gtx i have in it. and it won't work with older radeon mac card i have. i may just revert back to high sierra till nvidia gets off it's ass and releases metal drivers.

It's not an issue of VRAM, if you install windows 7 vm it will have transparencies, that's how you easily know that it is hardware accelerated, that pic of macos has no transparencies, so it's not hardware accelerated.
He's right, you're wrong.

SheepShaver on x86 is very nice and all, for the 15 minutes it lasts before crashing the OS.
Now try a real PowerPC machine, you'll see why 90s macfags were macfags.
By the way, anything Apple released after 2005 is complete trash and is not superior in any way to its wintel counterparts.
Posted from my 1997 Power Macintosh G3.

Attached: Beige G3.png (1280x960, 317K)

Hardware Accel is known not to work on macOS VMs, you need proper hackintosh for graphics shit.

You're getting 60% performance (at most) and like 30% graphics performance with a VM, with bootcamp, you get near 100% for both as you are natively running windows. It's a no brainer, just set up a hackintosh if you're tired of the shit OS that is windows, that's what I did.

Isnt that like, 30% of this board

xcode for Swift and Objective-C programming
apps like Logic, Garageband, Final Cut, Quiver, etc.
bash
I've read it's also better for webdev

>You're getting 60% performance (at most)
More like 85%, VT-x overhead is nowhere near as big. I rather put up with this than worry about a single OS update breaking all of my shit. VMware is almost an out-of-box experience where everything works, with advanced graphics being the exception by the looks of it.

I've been on a stable hackintosh since 2016, and I didn't even intend this to be a hackintosh, it's so easy nowadays that my random light-gaming rig happened to be 100% compatible with a hackintosh. Feels good having 100% performance (and hardware acceleration), breh.

Attached: at least you tried.png (500x333, 367K)

Well, I'll guess I'll have a look into it again. Is tonymac still the site to go to?

my vanilla install is yet to break
upgraded from sierra to high sierra to mojave

>You're getting 60% performance (at most) and like 30% graphics performance with a VM, with bootcamp, you get near 100% for both as you are natively running windows. It's a no brainer, just set up a hackintosh if you're tired of the shit OS that is windows, that's what I did.
Virtualizing Windows you get like 20% graphics perf so I'm not convinced it's any different here.

>tonymac
Yes, I recommend vanilla macOS with clover

It can't be "better" for web dev, when there's docker and hyper-v on Windows.

Servers don't run on Mac, they run on Windows and Linux. Mac OSX is just for consumeritards that think they need to pay $30 for every tool, instead of just browing github for utilities provided for free.

>Mac OSX is just for consumeritards that think they need to pay $30 for every tool, instead of just browing github for utilities provided for free.
You realize you can just install those same utilies on MacOS right?

I'VE GOTA G3/G4/G5 I tried but i can't use em. the web browsing is pure trash. maybe i can use em for specific tasks but as a daily driver.. nope.

BUT THE TRAIN HAS NO DRIVER

floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox/

runs like total shit

Get a quad G5

It's ok because you can disassemble the entire train and put it back together with slightly different internals after having a baby and raising them to be a truly free driver who is not constrained by The Man and still passes out sometimes but without crashing the whole train. It'll only take an exorbitant amount of time, if you can't do that you're a retard and a fascist.

>the web browsing is pure trash
Classilla performs wonderfully on OS 9, and TenFourFox, while being relatively slow, is a fully up-to-date browser for 10.4 and 10.5. I don't know which browser you were using, but it certainly wasn't one of those.
>i can use em for specific tasks but as a daily driver.. nope.
I use a dual 1.33 G4 FW800 as a "daily driver" without issue. Granted, most of my daily life outside my hobby doesn't involve computers, but so far I've yet to find a task this thing can't perform. Apart from videogames, but I haven't enjoyed those in years anyways.

You do know where you are, right?

Anything like pearpc?

What do you mean by that?

>PearPC is an architecture-independent PowerPC platform emulator capable of running most PowerPC operating systems.
pearpc.sourceforge.net/about.html

No shit, Sherlock.
My question was: What were you asking?
>Is it anything like PearPC?
>Does it run anything like PearPC
>Is there anything like PearPC but in reverse?
Fucking Americans and your lack of syntax. No wonder your country's average IQ is dropping so quickly.

Noice supposition you dumb cunt (that should give you a little clue of where I'm from)

I was asking if sheepshaver (BEING THE ONLY OTHER EMULATOR MENTIONED IN THIS BREAD and referenced in the post I replied to) was similar or comparable to pearpc.

Fucking dumb cunts from any cuntry and their inability to read a thread and have some basic primary school level reading comprehension.

Kill yourself, subhuman burger.

Your banter level is extremely low for being oz, mate.
Go lurk Jow Forums and Jow Forums for a couple more years and then maybe come back. And learn yourself some fucking grammar.
Also no, PearPC has been abandoned for quite a while now, and it's even worse than SheepShaver. An up to date emulator which can do PowerPC is qemu. What do you need an emulator for anyway, if you have a G3/G4/G5?

Attached: alwayslose.jpg (660x371, 63K)

>Your banter level is extremely low for being oz, mate.
*cricket's chirping and tumbleweeds...*

Mouth too full of your smashed avo on toast m8?

Attached: img (1).jpg (2000x1000, 280K)

Does the smell of Ayokande's Sudanese cum on your mum's breath when she kisses you gudnioght get your cock hard or does your old man wanking to it in the same room put you off?

Attached: image.jpg (1024x678, 157K)

arguing about mac vs pc is like two cripples arguing who has stronger legs

You are trying way too hard to fit in, newfriend.

>less hardware support is better
fucking normies I swear

I gotta admit, this is some seriously cool shit. I wonder if I can get a modern GNU/Linux distro working on this and forward X applications from them via ssh and MachTen.
Now this is more on the lines of what I was expecting. Took you a while, though. Who was chewing on your NBN infraestructure this time, the magpies or the abos?

Attached: Muh VMs.png (1280x960, 405K)

>he thinks I'm samefagging

Fuck up cunt. You a salty Pies supporter or smth?

>giving a shit about footy
Cuck detected

>>not giving a shit about his footy team getting fucken pasted
>Collingwoodfag detected

Cheers cunt.

Samefag

>>he thinks I'm samefagging

I miss the old mac os. Nothing since has been as comfortable.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. macos before x was utter dogshit, not even any real multitasking and often normal userland would take down the whole OS.

>not even real multitasking
The fuck you talking bout willis? Do you even know what multitasking is?

It is trivial to run Mac OS X in a VM.
Hackintosh takes a little more effort but is doable for anyone who can follow instructions.

Mac OS 9 and below used cooperative multitasking. It didn't work very well.

Apple were one of the last to finally implement pre-emptive multitasking.

Macfags are delusional.

And I almost forgot, it didn't have memory protection either. I cannot emphasise enough how bad Mac OS was before OS X.
Even Windows 95 had these features.

Multitasking is multitasking. You are just splitting hairs.
Why do you need memory management if you are running 1 program?

not sure if troll.
Programs can easily lock up the OS under co-operative multitasking.

is there a single valid reason that anyone would use Mac over Windows?

*60%

Yes? This is very common, especially with apple fags and how they say their doa devices are innovation.