Why do I have to install Adobe's cloud shit if I want to use Photoshop?

Why do I have to install Adobe's cloud shit if I want to use Photoshop?

Isn't that extortion? Why are tech companies allowed to do this?

Attached: 1525660243771.png (484x468, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because they are rich

Just use a pirated version, problem solved.

Internet technology is still a new field.
They can do what they want because there are literally no rules.
Check back in 100 years, the state of the software business will be drastically different and 1000% more regulated

use GIMP
no circles tho

Attached: circles.png (499x371, 349K)

Use CCMaker. Install, use for free, no creative cloud junk.

Also, in benchmarks the AMT.exe "crack", which to my knowledge just emulates network communication, is several fold faster. ie, you're actually better off pirating the software. You get a better service by not paying and not using their junk.

That's the problem with these companies.

use affinity

Attached: download.jpg (1536x1024, 56K)

There are offline single program installers available. prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html

What does it have that makes it better than photoshop in term of usability and tools?

You're not forced to install the Cloud?

No one said it's better but it's a pretty good alternative.

Better than GIMP?

I would say so, yes.

Let me reformulate the question. Do you find it better than PS? If yes, why? Thanks in advance. Thinking about switching photo editing software

>Do you find it better than PS?
There's no software better than Photoshop.

There's only alternatives that can do what you want without all the hassle that comes with PS.

You should check if Affinity can do what you need it to do.

Yeah, Adobe CC is practically their package manager for Adobe suite. You don't need it if you pirated it

Because it's their software and the software is part of the adobe cloud. You can use any of the alternative software if you don't like photoshop. I know people working for films and seeing them working, I realized they don't use anything that you can't get in other software. Who the fuck knows why Photoshop is so popular.

The only thing I can think of, is people working on film for some reason use fuckhuge documents. Like 8k or so. I'm not sure if the alternative software can handle such resolution smoothly.

But other than that? I've never seen one professional using a feature not available on other software. Photoshop is a fucking meme. And they look at you like you're crazy if you tell them to use something else.

>regulations
ewwwww

i don't think so but it still comes with a fuckload of bloatware iirc

I wish I knew how to:
Replace amtlib.framework in Application_Name.app/Contents/Frameworks/
on my copy of CS6
Anyone?

because
>gimp is hot garbage that fucking sucks at everything (GNU design philosophy - create totally unusable programs as talking points and abandon their development)
>krita is proud it can paint but can't edit images (UNIX design philosophy - create pointless distinctions where none exist)
>everyone pirates it so there is no incentive for alternatives
>Photoshop isn't that important, its Indesign, Premiere, and Muse that really have the world by the balls with no alternatives at all and they come with your subscription
>extensive graphic river plugins, topaz labs, and other essential plugins that have no alternatives at all
>smart objects, which are really important for transforming an image without quality loss
>despite stallman's autism, Adobe is actually a really great company, that does a great job with their cloud services like typekit
>because a subscription every month is basically the same as selling you a 500$ CDrom every few years with minimal changes
>because mac users prefer adobe products for their sleek ui
>because adobe cloud can phone home when a company in the US tries to pirate their software, and helps Adobe and FBI audit piracy in the US.
>because nothing else is as easy to pickup and hard to master
>because there is no point in switching if your employer pays the subscription
>because adobe worked their ass off for years while you were masturbating to japanese cartoons and running pirated copies of their software

>Muse
>having anyone by the balls
stopped reading right there

>Why do I have to install Adobe
You don't.