Why does a fridge use 750kwh a year

in the year of our lord 2018?
That'll cost $262 a year in Hawaii

Attached: 1507967480161.jpg (1000x1000, 64K)

>in Hawaii
Move to Alaska/leafland

Hawaii pays 3x the normal rate of electricity for the US inland states due to island state. A normal electricity for that unit is ~$87/year.

That 750kwh is fairly efficient too. According to google, average fridge uses 1400kwh per year.

>According to google, average fridge uses 1400kwh
HAHAHA,it's more like 350kwh

>Hawaii
Get solar or move to somewhere cheaper.

My Panasonic fridge uses 372kwh an year, it has a 480L capacity which is fairly large for where I live.

It's got a DC Inverter so and is on the energy efficient side compared to similar fridges.

deep freezer/fridge (dunno proper name of that style) vs regular?

I really wish it was possible to buy a fridge without this integrated-icemaker faggotry

but it is possible to buy a fridge like that? What the fuck man, do all the fridges in your place come with that shit?

It is. In fact, it's cheaper to buy one without it. Go to Best Buy and wander into the appliances section, you'll see dozens of them.

because it uses an induction motor to pump the freon, which it's the most inefficient electric motor

Based local braddah
Where you stay

mine uses 250 kWh. maybe don't buy inefficient junk.

in most tempered countries they could use air from the outside as it is "pre-cooled" at least 6 months of the year. you wouldn't even need to use the compressor during winter time.
people who own a house should build a small well insulated cold room that allows freezing cold air in during the nights and keep the heat away during daytime.

it would probably cut power consumption to keep fresh products refrigerated by a half.

>it has a 480L capacity which is fairly large for where I live

that's an interesting statement

you eat your kitchen to a constant 70-75°F then you cool your food to preserve it. might as well store it on a balcony or in a shed if you have a garden.

Living in the city center where everything is tiny.
Average fridge is in the high 200~mid 300L range.

My fridge barely fits the cutout space in the kitchen for it, it was the absolute largest I could get away with it is only like 2~3cm from blocking the kitchen door.

Chest freezer? They are efficient, but rarely available as fridges (doable with some DIY)

Maybe you should close it?

Attached: 1507055361022.jpg (633x651, 25K)

It is $30 in Russia.
CYKA BLYAT they just asking from you as much as you can give without being hungry poorfag.

Attached: SwfBozh7R4I.jpg (384x296, 36K)

Imagine being a fridgelet.

Mine is 639 Litres, 690kwh/year

My fridge is mostly empty, I don't live in bum fuck no where so I have no need to overstock on shit, it's a 5~10 min trip to Costco or 24hr Carrefour and a 2 min walk to the 7-11.

>wasting time on grocery trips more than once per week

Fresh produce is worth the effort.

>Implying I need to make multiple grocery trips per week.
I'm not a fat heifer and can also afford to eat at restaurants. Oh, and there is no tipping here, people will get offended if you try to hand them money like they are homeless.

>It is $30 in Russia.
Yeah, because you only need to run the fridge for a few months at a time.

>> 639 Litres, 690kwh/year
Thats a large fridge. Why not buy two normal ones and have 130kwh/year each?

Not true, when -25 at street, there is a overpowered commie-tier central heating in every home, so you opening windows because it is fucking hot inside room. But you also running fridge to keep your kolbasa in cool place.

Attached: 15248885154500.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Seems efficent

Yes, because central heating uses free heat from electro-generating stations.

Attached: file.png (1920x1280, 955K)

Turn this knob, my little ruski friend.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 29K)

Why isn't there a turbine for the water vapors? Looks like waste of energy.

Some houses still have "Khrushchev's fridges" that are basically shelves exposed to street air under the kitchen window. Here's an "upgraded" version.

Attached: 306592790_w0_h0_5365369dde2952__94bf29cd24.jpg (600x455, 51K)

You that dumb?

Lol, no regulators at houses built before 90s

Attached: file.png (300x200, 142K)

Topkek, the absolute state of commie russia.

There is a turbine, but it works on overheatead steam. But anyway, every power plant is just themodynamic machine, generating electricity using delta temperature between heater(coal, uranium, etc) and cooler(cooler tower, lake, etc)

The cover the radiator with a blanket.

Too low temperature. You could however instead power a Stirling engine.

There are many ways to improve efficiency. This is Jow Forums, have you tried?

i live in a shithole and 1kwh is like 5 cents kek

This makes me nostalgic for a country and a period of history I have not experienced.

Attached: 1538083029839.jpg (1024x576, 55K)

I'll cover ur mum with a blanket.

Attached: KsXoG.jpg (3024x1890, 581K)

A pantry. Old houses have them in my shithole, but they're lost in new houses. It's a pity when you want to store lare quantities of beer or potatoes without taking up fridge space.

Attached: 1533866697343.png (180x180, 40K)

yeah i wish they built chest fridge

why are commies such hot air everywhere?

an empty fridge uses the most electricity user

Ackshually it doesn't really matter.

anyone done a chest freezer to fridge conversion? i read somewhere they only use 36kwh a year?

fucking communism didn't get the most simple of things right, no wonder people starved by the million through such waste

Where is that supposed to be

Get solar dude. With all that Hawaiian sunlight you'll make up for the cost of the panels in no time.