Does Jow Forums fluke? Any electronics techs or electricians up in here?

Does Jow Forums fluke? Any electronics techs or electricians up in here?

Attached: DSC_0183.jpg (2160x3840, 1.77M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8_kAgSJU_IQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i have an old dirty blue point i got almost 20 years ago, the ammeter fuses have been burnt out since day one
love that thing, thanks uncle mark!

I did, back when I was an electrical engineer.

Hated blue collar work so I became an Investment Banker.

They are pretty Reliable and Accurate for Industrial use. As a former process Automation Technician i've used mostly loop Calibrators and Multis but i've never seen one of them Fail. Also they are seen as the Industry standard for good multimeters in Europe

Attached: 1538263249124.jpg (657x900, 139K)

enjoy paying 10x too much

I've got an ex-Army 27/FM.

Pretty comfy except I keep finding it left on. Haven't had to change the batteries yet though so I guess that's something.

Attached: 384681.jpg (711x600, 346K)

Got a non Fluke one. I have no clue about electronics. What the fuck do i even do with it?

I'd prefer a fluke but I had to settle with a uni-t ut139c for budget reasons
wouldn't mind getting into electronics more but everything is so god damn expensive and creativity is a limiting factor

im a boilermaker so mechanical trade. Did advanced trade courses in fluid power and instrumentation and doing 2 diploma (mechatronics and mechanical but same thing basically) this year and both advanced diplomas next year. then doing advanced diploma engineering technology electrical while I do electrical trade for dual trade, licence and q-q-q-q-q-qualifications. making a flight simulator atm tho. was gonna make a thread about it today but didnt coz I dont like showing off unfinished shit even tho I just listed a heap. Control panel has 3 VFD controlling three 1HP motors. I am just going to use VR and a seat but wouldnt be surprised if I could put my car on it and use that as a cockpit.

Considering I have no electrical experience whatsoever, as well as no idea what im even doing - i dont think ive done that bad so far. Had to etch my own fucking coupler for PC to VFD comms. i was just wiring the panel lights on the door and switches today (first work on it in months) so bit of a mess but i dont give a fuck

Attached: IMG_2083.jpg (2048x2048, 600K)

I read this as "Does Jow Forums nuke?".

Attached: gamma-scout-online-geiger-counter-radiation-meter.jpg (504x544, 61K)

Work supplied my dude. Anyone shocked themselves with anything above 115? I made a 440 mistake one time and it's ingrained in my muscle memory for sure

Attached: IMG_2086.jpg (2048x2048, 689K)

Blue collar work of certain varieties can be technical,rewarding and keep one active.

I'm a navy engineering electician and it has it's days for sure

its important to find a balance. fuck doing 100% of either one IMO

I'd imagine that doing electrical work in office/industrial buildings is probably some of the comfiest and higher paying technical jobs you can find

holy shit i fucking did it lol

never wired relays, panel indicators or switches up in my life either

this shit is easy

time consuming and expensive

but easy

Attached: IMG_2092.jpg (2048x2048, 944K)

nice cable management, the verge style...

no point managing something that doesnt work

gotta order correct gauge wire too

Check out /diy/ it’s a better place than Jow Forums-consumer electronics for this type of work.

>Does Jow Forums fluke?
yes, absolutely love it.

youtube.com/watch?v=8_kAgSJU_IQ

If you're an "engineer" doing blue collar work, you are a technician at best.

t. Engineer

>work
a nice Fluke
>home
a really nice craftsman that's actually better than the Fluke

Is fluke shilling on Jow Forums or something? I keep seeing these kinds of threads recently.

>electrical engineer
>blue collar work
pick one

I've been an electrician for 4 years working industrial and commercial. All I've needed are a Craftsman clamp meter, my tick tracer, and (sometimes) a toner.

Ok i cooked a transformer not sure if I had a short somewhere or because I was using 0.6 amp wire or both. it got hot before it died tho. found another even shitter 12v transformer and its not getting warm at all. completely rewired the whole thing tho (took few hours but neater).

lol wouldnt ask this website for help if i was fucking dying. 20 out of every 21 people here are useless faggots in every way prob couldnt even install flight sim software on my pc without fucking it up
>t. 11 years on Jow Forums

Attached: IMG_2097.jpg (2048x2048, 917K)

>Electrical Engineer
>Blue collar
Sounds like you were an electrician

work has like 6 189-iis and one 289 which we never use.

you're supposed to mount these fans with a filter box to prevent dust and minor liquid spills from fucking everything up

>Anyone shocked themselves with anything above 115?
Every electrician not working in the US.

an Aneng is just about enough for ~99% percent of measurements.

for the price of a Fluke you might want to buy an oscilloscope

t. electronics technician & associate's.

I originally had it all inside a PC case. the decision to make it to any standard whatsoever was to basically make it easier to sell if I ever did.

i am well aware of every single thing it lacks trust me. not spending $300 for a single industrial spec filtered fan (actual cost of that shit).

gotta be creative to cut the cost a little

Attached: IMG_2103.jpg (1675x1748, 717K)

Brymen masterrace here.

Fuck off to /diy/ with your wannabee terrorist shit

>Jow Forums - Technology
>fuck off with your technology

nigga u talkin shit w/ those holes haha like nigga whaaaaa

>not spending $300 for a single industrial spec filtered fan (actual cost of that shit).
A proper, filtered fan assembly (including the motor) of that size is something like 60 or 70 Canuckistan buckaroos if you go through a distributor. Rittal isn't the cheapest brand but check e.g. 3237.110

You learn about electronics and use it to diagnose electronic problems.

hahahahahahaha man shut the fuck up i develop aerospace technology in my spare time that your piece of shit computer probably couldnt even run without crashing. youre a jealous four eyed skinny faggot with no friends and a shit job and you cant fix your shit computer or your relationship with a fat ugly slut lmao go neck yourself
>if u can afford some rope

fuck that shit it aint gonna get any more dusty than a computer. just coz its in an industrial enclosure doesnt mean its going in a dirty ass factory. even if I did filter it, someone else would say "what about water" or "its not 1100mm off the ground" or "the indicator lights should be stacked" or "it doesnt have voltage stickers" or "thats not an approved lock"

u know what i mean

>never seen bus relays in heavy machinery or automation

How's living in your mom's basement

I'd buy a used fluke but even then its too expensive

I don't have a Fluke meter myself since I don't do any electrical work. I bought a Brymen BM235 since I felt had a lot more features for the price. I also bought a ~$20 Aneng meter because I like to have two meters for double checking stuff outside of a circuit. Cheap meters are no replacement for a safely built one though.

Not that user but this is one of my bigger complaints about Jow Forums as a computer engineer. I want to talk about ICs and Boolean functions sometime, not just the latest nvidia cards and iphones. That paired with the faggots who watched a YouTube tutorial and think they can code now makes this board insufferable sometimes.

Dude, I had insiders knowledge about how Hybrid Fiber Coax system functions, was posting Comcast tools for monitoring their HFC backbone against ingress and how they balance their amps and basically a bunch of SDR shit.
Jow Forums does not care, they basically only want to talk about shit they already know. I know what I know, I actually want to come so people like you can discuss shit I am not as clear on.

the flux capacitor?

>they basically only want to talk about shit they already know
Yeah... That kind of applies everywhere in the real world, that people usually want to talk about topics they understand or deem interesting.

You are basically complaining that nobody wanted to talk about your findings about some technical shit from US-only ISP on a fucking international anime imageboard. The only one looking dumb is you, you know.

>US only ISP
The software they use to track their Nodes is applicable globally and to anyone even basically interested in SDR.
I originally started posting on this board to learn about things I didn't know, or that aren't discussed elsewhere. Talking about Chink cellphones and Graphics cards is something I can do literally fucking everywhere on the internet.

I understand. I don't browse /diy/ myself but I do know there are other tech imageboards, although they are slower. arisuchan is a good one

>arisuchan
>is a good one
How are you doing Seph? Still begging for donations?

Fluke's alright. I have a few of their bench multimeters and they're pretty nice. 2x 8375A's and an 8840A. I don't have any of their handheld meters though.

Attached: IMG_20161225_124733.jpg (2592x1944, 1.46M)

Manage your wires bro come on. Pic related. "

>i cooked a transformer not sure if I had a short somewhere or because I was using 0.6 amp wire or both
If it was a problem with the wire gauge, you'd have melted your wires, not the transformer. Possibly a short, but more likely you exceeded the transformer VA rating since the transformer failed and nothing caught fire. Or the transformer was bad.

Attached: box1.jpg (720x960, 84K)

Are there better alternatives? Lainchan wasn't any better

Until the wipe and coup it was alright.
At least they didn't play cyberpunk-pretend with "government is watching us!!!!" while using fucking Discord and doxing their real identity everywhere. And begging for donations. Like if you can't afford to run a website, maybe don't fork your community twice...

Yea, got a second hand 77-III, then decided to treat myself to a 87v as well

>lol wouldnt ask this website for help if i was fucking dying.
depends on the board. Jow Forums and /out/ are pretty helpful, and at least /diy/ is polite when they call you retarded.

>International image board
No. This is a English U.S. anime image board first and foremost. If you wanna discuss your Yugoslavian shit hole do it at

>Work supplied my dude. Anyone shocked themselves with anything above 115? I made a 440 mistake one time and it's ingrained in my muscle memory for sure

Canada fag here, have had 600v a few times. Hurts a lot but I've kinda gotten use to it. It still sucks though.

We use 600v here instead of 460. 1hp at 600v = 1 amp, so it's a bit easier to calculate fuse sizes mostly. And can run slightly smaller wire. Oh well.