Why does no one on Jow Forums call out blatant shilling by thinkpad resellers from ebay/amazon i.e...

why does no one on Jow Forums call out blatant shilling by thinkpad resellers from ebay/amazon i.e. /tpg/ and everyone recommending thickbads over a normal laptop?
>look for good laptop
>see all the sperglords on Jow Forums recommending thinkpads
>express concern over buying a laptop by a company as shit as lenovo off of ebay
>they tell me to order the literal cheapest one i can find and it'll work 100%
>buy the cheapest t420 i can find on ebay
>thick
>loud
>hot
>screen has artifacting
>"lol just repair it urself bro a product shouldnt just work when u buy it"
>get into month long dispute with seller
>intentionally damage it before returning it
>get my money back through paypal dispute
>buy a real laptop (macxbook pro)
everytime i listen to Jow Forums the only lesson i learn is not to listen to Jow Forums

Attached: 1530240025400.png (2000x2000, 1.59M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/HP-Elitebook-840-G1-14-i5-HD-8GB-RAM-128GB-SSD-Windows-8-1-Pro-4G-LTE-Mobile/312222864958?hash=item48b1eed63e
ebay.com/itm/HP-EliteBook-850-G1-15-6-i7-4600U-2-1GHz-1x4GB-Radeon-HD-8750M-1080P-No-HDD/183454077807?hash=item2ab6b7136f:g:3IgAAOSw7FJbgdCK
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC2.A0.H0.Xt420 thinkpa.TRS0&_nkw=t420 thinkpad&_sacat=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> listening to Jow Forums

hmmm

werks for me

>>they tell me to order the literal cheapest one i can find and it'll work 100%
that's what I did and it does work 100%, pic related
>>"lol just repair it urself bro a product shouldnt just work when u buy it"
buy refurbished next time, also they're not that hard to fix if it does break

Attached: IMG_20180823_000324.jpg (1872x3328, 3.43M)

my siser bought a thinkpad and replaced it with a macbook air and the fucking macbook lasted longer

chinks cant make shit last

>40nm
>amd
>2018

dude im pretty sure a cell phone can outperform your desktop and has a tdp that won't roast your fucking balls

>screen has artifacting
lcd cable was probably just loose, easy fix
>thick
don't be a pussy
>hot
repaste, easy
>loud
quieter after repaste, or just don't be a pussy

there i fixed your 1 month ordeal in under $5 and no one had to throw a tantrem and break shit like a fucking child

Attached: lmao.jpg (2000x1128, 1004K)

>make thread about how much of a retard you are
>spam up other threads about how much of a retard you are
Good job, OP.

>a cell phone can outperform your desktop
cell phones don't have usb ports and can't run recovery software, which is what I bought the memepad for

I also have a bigger desktop for bigger tasks as well if that matters

"This base model laptop from 2011 is slow and it makes me angry!
The fan is loud because it was owned by some poor old boomer that never replaced the thermal paste, and that makes me angry because I'm too stupid to replace it.
This laptop from 2011 is bigger than a cuckbook air and that makes me angry!
I don't know how to upgrade parts in my laptop so I'm gonna fuck up this one, force the seller to take it back, and buy a fancy shiny cuckbook where everything is already glued to the computer for me.

Fuck off, macbook shill. You're planned obsolescence and scheduled repair cycles are evidence of your inferior product. Thinkpads are nearly indestructible and don't burn out random components that can only be repaired by "certified geniuses".

I just picked up another thinkpad, it was $66 because it's missing the screw that holds the keyboard down, and has a tiny crack in the plastic case. In total I spend $240 on it and it has a 2.7ghz i7, 16gb RAM and a 240gb SSD

Its mostly American posting here, so ofc they will shill their own companies like thinkpad/macbooks. You are stupid and should blame yourself if you believe every meme

>2.7ghz i7, 16gb RAM and a 240gb SSD
>$66
What kind of magic is this?

it's doable. op being a dipshit aside, there's a reason the nerds on here jerk off over used thinkpads. you can get them cheap as hell if you're patient

>a product shouldn't work out of the box, i should have to patch up someone else's damaged goods like a literal cuckold

the point is if you are a more knowledgeable computer user than others, you can fix little problems with your purchase. Knowing that parts are readily available for thinkpads and are easy to install, gives a savvy buyer a comparative advantage in the marketplace. You can pick up a decent machine for a fraction of the price of other comparable laptops.

>listening to Jow Forums
oh my dear sweet summerchild

When you're buying a 7 year old laptop of course you're going to fucking have to do maintenance, you stupid cro-magnon. Thermal paste dries up and doesn't transfer heat well after 7 years, fucking imagine that.

Read the rest of my post, in total it cost $240. Sorry for not being clear. The $66 laptop (x220) came with 1gb ram, no HD and a shit battery. I bought 16gb RAM, a 240gb SSD and a 96wh battery for it.

I also have an x200 Core 2 duo that I got for $40. It's backlight is fucked though, only works on the lowest setting. I'm gonna upgrade it to an LED backlight.

I got the Core 2 so I could put Libreboot on it. With i7 the best you can do is remove Intel ME and use Coreboot

I bought an x220 for dirt cheap and have literally had no problems with it. I only replaced the battery and added some more RAM. I think you just got unlucky bud.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.01M)

>buy t430
>actually like the keyboard
>holds 3 hour charge on battery
Feels good man.

But it's used, I.E. not new.

cringe thread

>note staff and name labels on the keyboard
This is the most useless shit. You gonna learn piano looking at your fingers? If you can memorize the home row you can memorize the 12 keys of an octave. Take that shit off and start sightreading faggot.

I only have those there because it looks better than just plain keys, I can already sightread just fine

>I only have those there because it looks better than just plain keys
Lmoa, what a fucking faggot opinion to have.

>bought overheating garbage instead of overheating garbage
The shills are getting ridiculous.

i got an x230 recently, put 8g ram and an ssd i had lying around, an IPS display and the only thing that's fucking annoying about it is the shit battery life I get compared to my macbook (>10h easy), other than that I quite like it and it cost 15% what the macbook cost

grow up op or get a job so that you can pay other ppl to make up for your ignorance

nice bait but my thinkpad works 100% fine and has lasted me a good bit of time so you must have gotten one for either parts or just a cheap one that was broken for like 50 dollars (pro tip the cheapest you can find a t420 with ram harddrive and such is like $100)

>you can get them cheap as hell if you're patient

Where though? A refurbished one in good condition is usually ~200€. It's better in the states, I guess.

>thick
>loud
>hot
Exactly how I like my women

Attached: 1528905602044.jpg (1200x1775, 323K)

>and everyone recommending thickbads over a normal laptop?
Because most normal laptops are loud and have shit battery life/build quality.

my refurbished FemaleRepellent T420 from ebay (seller in bongland) is neither loud or hot and (the seemingly original) lenovo battery still holds good 5-6 hours

however, the maxed out mid 2010 macshit pro i had previously was an oven made of aluminum, eventually had graphics card dying at more and more rapid rate and battery turned into a balloon one day bending the case and cracking the keyboard and trackpad. total operational lifetime according to hdd report - ~390 hours. thank G*d i didn't pay a dollarydoo for that junk.

stop shilling bottom of the barrel chinkware on consumer technology forums and get a real job you subhuman pajeet.

Attached: 1534191903687.jpg (706x690, 54K)

Two of these are mutually exclusive.

not if you have a fat nigger fetish

Attached: 1532634101902.gif (640x360, 439K)

same, but /tv/, not Jow Forums

>pretending you're calling shills out when you're just using it to mask your own shilling
Nice one, I hope you're happy with these 3 cents you've made, Apple sure appreciates your hard work!

Holy shit. You're so afraid of posting this on /tpg/, you had to make a thread about it. Hilarious.

Underrated.

iktf, I never get the good deals in Europe :(

being faster than a smartphone is not the only purpose of having a PC

>a company as shit as lenovo

Still better than Foxconn-Apple

Don't be such a sore bitch, asshole. I love my thinkpad and would always recommend one over any other laptop. Durability and repairability are key.

It's a cult, you got sca- I mean evangelized. At least you got out before it rots your brain.

I bought one brand new and all I got was a washed out display and some tinny speakers. Well meme'd trolls.

>lenovo
>american

Thinkpad is ubiquitous here because it fits the ethos, not because its the best option

worth it

>they tell me to order the literal cheapest one i can find

OH YEAH I mean that's just GOLD ADVICE for ANYTHING. If I'm looking for a couch or piece of furniture, you can bet I'll be driving around looking for that FREE musty shit that's FALLING APART

Attached: 1535243880498.png (333x355, 168K)

You get the good deals by doing the refurbishing yourself.

>pretend to buy business laptop notorious for having mediocre displays and speakers
>meme about it on the internet
Ebin. Buy a toughbook next and cry about how bulky and heavy it is.

Lenovo is Chinese, you mong.

Fuck off macfag

Cosmetics and a screw falling apart != Hardware

you buy it used not refurb. you can do all the repairs yourself anyways (they usually dont even need any)
I've owned T430, X220, and 2 X220t's

People do, but Jow Forums is a hugbox so you're called a troll and spammed out of threads if you mention how awful ThinkPads are compared to Elitebooks and Precision laptops.

The fact you have to remove the keyboard to get to RAM on many models just shows how clumsily designed these things are.

I've only ever had thinkpads, starting from a x200 or 220? too long ago, best shit ever, never use anything else

There are much better options user. MUCH better options. Even consumer laptops have better screens than you do these days.

>some models are poorly designed so they're all bad
Excellent arguments there, friend.

The majority of ThinkPads released by Lenovo require screws to do something as simple as upgrade the RAM.
On proper business laptops you don't even need a screwdriver.
Don't forget Lenovo's notorious issues with awful screens, basically inaudible speakers, and the shitty plastic that wears from daily use.

Attached: 1530631479389.jpg (700x525, 162K)

Removing the keyboard on a Thinkpad is super-duper easy.

Why would I want to remove the keyboard to get access to my RAM when I could get a better built, cheaper to buy Elite Book with better specs and access to everything by removing the (magnesium) bottom plate? All you need to do is trigger the latch and pull it off, it's that simple.
ThinkPads had their heyday with IBM. Lenovo just capitalized on the contracts companies had without any incentive to keep their laptops competitive. It's akin to using Windows when MacOS and Linux exist. Sure Windows might be the most popular, but that doesn't mean it's good.

Attached: 1509649447007.jpg (600x350, 60K)

>oh no, you need a screwdriver if you want to upgrade your RAM!
Whatever will we do? It's almost like needing access to these parts isn't really something you need while out and about.
>Lenovo's notorious issues with awful screens
Sure. It still doesn't apply to all models and it's not like Elitebooks or Precision laptops all ship with great displays either..
>basically inaudible speakers
Sure.
>shitty plastic that wears from daily use
Never had any issues here tbqh. The coating on the lids kinda suck yeah.
So tell me again which laptops are vastly superior?

Should set up some kind of exchange. I'm constantly looking for good deals on Euro(Commodore, amiga, etc) 8 and 16 bits which you lot seem to have in spades.

>Whatever will we do? It's almost like needing access to these parts isn't really something you need while out and about.
Lenovo is objectively inferior in this regard, just like they are with displays and speakers. You can say these are non-issues, but they are objectively worse off than the competition.

>Sure. It still doesn't apply to all models and it's not like Elitebooks or Precision laptops all ship with great displays either..
Better than what Lenovo thinks is acceptable. HP and Dell aren't going to give you 6-bit static dithering and think it's okay like Lenovo did with the T420. The X220 TN display has no angle where you can see the entire screen without color distortion. Even the IPS display for the X220 has low saturation compared to any real IPS.

>Never had any issues here tbqh. The coating on the lids kinda suck yeah.
Pic related. It's a common issue with Lenovo ThinkPads.

Attached: 1532374536228.jpg (4160x3120, 1.3M)

Only in manufacturing, design and engineering are still done in US and Japan

>shiny keys
Oh no! Whatever will we do?
>B-BUT THE COMPETITORS DON'T HAVE SHINY KEYS
Please do link me to a widely available and reasonably priced laptop with good sRGB coverage etc. You know, the single point you've mentioned that as actually somewhat reasonable.

Just clean your fucking computer you mongoloid.

My basedbook can do everything that a Lenvo can

Attached: fethc.png (911x512, 83K)

>require screws to do something as simple as upgrade the RAM
better than soldered ram

besides, it's not like you'll do that very often anyway

>Please do link me to a widely available and reasonably priced laptop with good sRGB coverage etc
ebay.com/itm/HP-Elitebook-840-G1-14-i5-HD-8GB-RAM-128GB-SSD-Windows-8-1-Pro-4G-LTE-Mobile/312222864958?hash=item48b1eed63e
1080p, 100% sRGB.

That doesn't stop cheap plastic from wearing.

Elitebooks and Precisions don't have soldered RAM.

And which model would you recommend? Because they're all consumer-grade shit.

wow I have to spend $20 on a replacement palm rest because I'm autistic and need it to look perfect

>i5-4300U
>1600x900
>$440
Come again.

>Elitebook
>Consumer-grade shit
>Magnesium frames, modular components, extended batteries, docking ports, nub mice, roll cages
You're just proving my point about Jow Forums liking ThinkPads for no good reason.

The competition doesn't have this problem AND they are cheaper, not to mention usually have better designed and better performing parts. There's no reason to use a ThinkPad over the competition, even on the second hand market.

Then find another model. For any model ThinkPad you can think of there is a better model HP Elitebook or Dell Precision out there, likely for less than you were going to pay for the ThinkPad.

Attached: 1525901081657.png (611x611, 350K)

>That doesn't stop cheap plastic from wearing.
Yes it does. I have an eight year old Memepad and this hasn't happened, if it happened it is because this has been used for years by a fatty with dirty fingers. It looks like grease.

Google "ThinkPad shiny keyboad" and you'll see how common this issue is. You can keep saying it's because I'm 500lbs and sweat grease, but that doesn't change the fact that HP and Dell do not have these issues.
Even Apple uses better plastic in their keyboards.

>There's no reason to use a ThinkPad over the competition
Yes there is. No other laptop has a keyboard like the one you can find in older Thinkpads.

CONSUMER
GRADE
SHIT

Attached: consumer_grade_shit.png (573x430, 161K)

unless you're into libre
I wouldn't own any memepad older (probably newer also) than a x230/t430/t530

With Esc over F1? Good riddance.
The keys were nice, but the layout was awful. There's no winning with laptop keyboards today.

Repeating the same post over and over doesn't change what I wrote.

>claim to have superior alternative
>fails to deliver
>"Lol, just go find it yourself"
Simply ebin my friend. Btw, the display in the one you linked is garbage as well. Maybe not quite as garbage as your average thinkpad display but still decidedly garbage.

Lenovo is literally a Chinese company. If we are going by where things are manufactured, then Apple is also a Chinese company.

>gimmicky Bang & Olufsen speakers
>"R O U N D E D edges"
>lo-res screens everywhere, can't find a high res one
>costs more
Consumer grade shit.

>With Esc over F1? Good riddance.
Literally wut

Attached: photo_2018-09-30_21-17-27.jpg (1280x956, 151K)

>Any portable as your "main" machine
Fucking cringe. Do people give a shit about gaming and hd movies on tiny as screens? Wtf is wrong with people.
>everydaywestray.png

The assumption on Jow Forums is that you aren't a tech brainlet.

kys zoomer

Superior alternative to what? The only condition you gave was sRGB. I could link anything and you would be able to find a reason for it. If you want me to find a model for you then you're going to have to provide a ThinkPad to compare it to. Otherwise you're likely just going to avoid the point, like you are now.

>the display in the one you linked is garbage as well. Maybe not quite as garbage as your average thinkpad display but still decidedly garbage.
Even you admit ThinkPads have shitty screens. Why are you defending an inferior product that costs more and does less? I thought Jow Forums hated Apple for that shit.

Costs more than what?

That's a lenovo keyboard, not IBM. When people talk about quality ThinkPad keyboards they are not talking about what you have. It looks like you have a T410/T510 or T420/T520, which were known for their keyboard flex.
Pic related is what people man by "old ThinkPad keyboards".

Attached: 1520196466929.jpg (800x394, 270K)

>look for good laptop
>lurk Jow Forums
>do some thinking based off what I've read and decide on a T420
>get one from a liquidation sale for a shipping company near me who was upgrading all their office equipment for 75 bucks
>came with Win7 and Office, and the desktop docking station
>only replaced the battery with some korean knockoff 6 cell
>works 100% perfectly fine 2 year down the road
>mfw see buttblasted THICKBAD posters

Attached: 1495162827310.png (500x281, 190K)

>srgb
>not Adobe RGB or DCI-P3

You do not need either of those things on a laptop. They aren't even really useful for media either.

>Superior alternative to what
You claimed Thinkpads are inferior to Elitebooks and Dell Precisions.
>The only condition you gave was sRGB
No, it was the only reasonable criticism you gave of thinkpads.
>I could link anything and you would be able to find a reason for it
I gave you one criteria and you failed to deliver.
>If you want me to find a model for you then you're going to have to provide a ThinkPad to compare it to
Give me something superior to a T420 since it's the most memed model. i7-2640M or similar - no ULV bullshit. IPS display, please.
>Even you admit ThinkPads have shitty screens.
Not exactly a secret.
>Why are you defending an inferior product that costs more and does less
You linked a $440 laptop with a shit processor, tiny ssd, marginally higher contrast but still very low sRGB-coverage TN-display. How the fuck is that superior and cheaper?

How long does that thing last on battery, and has it been through any trauma? My son loves my X220, so I promised him his own ThinkPad once he learns to read and stops throwing his toys. The bribe worked; he's only 3, no longer throws and abuses his shit, and can recognize a few words and most letters. Took him to a pawn shop to poke at some used ones, and he fell in love with an X131e.

If there's a difference between an IBM keyboard and the old Lenovo keyboards, I can't tell. They feel the same.

>99,99% of laptops don't even have 100% sRGB coverage
>lol why u no want full DCI-P3 coverage XD
Now THIS is epic.

>tfw I fell for this meme and got one with bad soldering on the internal PCI-e ports and a busted-up screen that developed a vertical dead stripe after only one year of normal use
Be careful on eBay, anons. I love this thing aside from those issues.

>You claimed Thinkpads are inferior to Elitebooks and Dell Precisions.
Yes, in general. If you want specific examples you need to give specific references to work with.

>Give me something superior to a T420 since it's the most memed model. i7-2640M or similar - no ULV bullshit. IPS display, please.
ebay.com/itm/HP-EliteBook-850-G1-15-6-i7-4600U-2-1GHz-1x4GB-Radeon-HD-8750M-1080P-No-HDD/183454077807?hash=item2ab6b7136f:g:3IgAAOSw7FJbgdCK
Much better hardware, just needs a hard drive. Though the prices in general are MUCH lower than a T420, even though this is much newer than those.
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC2.A0.H0.Xt420 thinkpa.TRS0&_nkw=t420 thinkpad&_sacat=0

>3 hours
>good
Goddamn user, a chink battery that'll give you 5-6 hours is like $20. Do you not care, or are you that damn broke?