When will Linux be at least as fast as Windows 10?

When will Linux be at least as fast as Windows 10?

Attached: xDqZ2XlZvzfvs5Y4uvpY.jpg (1024x768, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/QcR2z
techspot.com/review/1683-linux-vs-windows-threadripper-vs-core-i9/
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=2990wx-linux-windows&num=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Install Gentoo

It's slow as hell

Install arch linux

After you install GNU

Doing what?

I'm using Manjaro. It's close enough.

>When will Linux be at least as fast as Windows 10?
It's already the case I think. It depend on what you're doing. Even if it's not the case it's likely only sightly behind and linux will get better soon. Open source eliminate crappy proprietary software in the end anyway if they fail to progress enough

Operates. Those are Operating Systems right?

In what way is Linux slower? As far as I can tell it's faster at everything, it just has less compatibility with e.g. drivers and games.

When you install it into a system.

Depending on your setup it takes far less resources than Win10 to a point where old hardware can run it easily. So yes, it should operate faster.
If we're talking about executing certain software it really depends on the program. Both Windows and Linux have their strengths.
archive.fo/QcR2z

What the fuck is this?

Attached: penis.png (746x513, 18K)

Weird. Then have the original link
techspot.com/review/1683-linux-vs-windows-threadripper-vs-core-i9/

You use Cloudflare DNS, they MITM archive.fo requests because they're used by nazis. Use Google Cacheā„¢ instead, stupid goy.

Attached: 1532284089214.png (1293x1407, 737K)

If you run linux on good hardware its way faster then any windows. The key is to not be a retarded faggot

Never since the CoC is going to fuck Linux forever

My desktop has win7 and it is lot faster than my linux laptop.

+1

Retard if you use KDE or Gnome

Are they using the same hardware?

Attached: bait.gif (500x281, 477K)

When Linux starts putting delay loops in the networking stack for that authentic Windows 10 network experience.

i guess they're not identical. both have 8g ram and ssd though.

use something besides ubuntu with gnome and you should be good

I'm using manjaro and I have used also arch,fedora,debian and opensuse in past 8 years.

12 years ago.

Windows is a bloated piece of shit
since my ssd died i ve been using it on a regular hdd and it was a nightmare
finalky i installed linux and its much more faster in almost any task

It's actually faster by a whole lot.

Here's my current computer:
>Ryzen 5 2600X, 16GB b-die 3000MHz, 1050Ti
>Win10 installed on a 500GB NVMe drive
>KDE Neon installed on a chinkshit 240GB SATA SSD

Boot times:
>Win10: ~8sec
>Neon: ~8sec
RAM use at idle:
>Win10: ~2.8GB
>Neon: ~1.5GB
Time to open IntelliJ IDEA:
>Win10: ~18 seconds
>Neon: ~8 seconds

explain.

install bodhi

Install CloverOS

Attached: 1538233026342.png (3840x1080, 2.55M)

You're doing something wrong somewhere because my windows 10 install only takes 1gb ram after a bootup

You're the biggest downie nigger I have ever seen.

sure, sure

Attached: Just+bee+yourself.png (2800x3360, 196K)

It's already much faster.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=2990wx-linux-windows&num=1

Attached: IMG_20180930_191645.jpg (1556x966, 165K)

oh you're 14
gotcha

Attached: 1517644311115.jpg (960x960, 99K)

>When will Linux be at least as fast as Windows
When google/alphabet buys it in a merger after the inevitable Jenga tower collapse from former users pulling their code from the project. Enjoy your compulsory gmail account.

Attached: Felix HAPPENING forest.png (1464x824, 1.61M)

My arch + i3 partition boots literally in seconds, a fraction of what Win10 takes.

>When will Linux be at least as fast as Windows 10?
>as fast as Windows 10
>Windows 10
When will a Ferrari be as fast as a snail?

Attached: 1537828802212.png (270x210, 93K)

I think it would have to overtake the desktop market in a way that manufacturers are motivated to write better drivers. this may not happen since there's no money to be made to produce linux drivers. just uncompensated volunteer work.

hardware support is the whole reason. on the software side, (except for things like excel, or other specialized items with scalability issues), linux doesn't lag very far behind

Attached: nvidia-geforce-windows-10-drivers-02-700x393.jpg (700x393, 11K)

>there's no money to be made to produce linux drivers. just uncompensated volunteer work
Are you fucking stupid? Writing drivers not only for Linux but open sourcing them means that Linux, BSD, and OS X (hackintosh) users will all buy more of your hardware. You're gonna write the drivers anyways. There's nothing to lose in giving them to the community for free.

L O L
O
L

When you stop ricing your shitty WM.

Linux is a kernel. It is indeed faster than Windows NT.

Drivers aren't being sold to end customers, the hardware is.
Don't give people drivers and they will be quick to return your hardware to the store, demand return and buy your rival's hardware which is supported.

Not an argument.

It's fast as fuck, what chu talking about?

Attached: 9441-4014-0dw9dw013414.png (683x575, 270K)

Use Debian stable with JWM.

It already is, stop using bloated distros

Attached: 1529090566960.jpg (700x1050, 32K)

Install Parabola

why in the fuck

Windows 10 is about on par design wise with modern linux. In some areas windows is designed very well, better than linux, although over engineered in a lot of cases. but a big part of windows is still horrid shit carried over from the 90s though. Linux has its own outdated parts but its no where near as bad.

Windows is only faster in some cases because its typically the platform software and hardware vendors spend the most time optimizing for. This is starting to change though. Linux is getting more attention from hard vendors, open source drivers are getting more support, more and more people are using Linux these days so it will start to catch up with Windows.

Mac OS X of course is the slowest, being a 90s era kernel strung together with various depreciated versions of open source tools slapped on over the decades. Whatever they hacked together to work on their very narrow set of hardware in shortest amount of time. OS X is just dog ass slow, no way around it.