Stop using the internet

>AVC: A lot of writers—if they don’t use typewriters or write longhand—claim to only use computers without an Internet connection, because the distraction is too readily available, and no work gets done.
>JF: Absolutely. I have one of those nine-pound Dell laptops you can get for $389 because nobody ended up buying that model, for obvious reasons. I took the wireless card out immediately, and I plugged up the Ethernet hole with superglue. The biggest struggle was getting Hearts and Solitaire off of it. I did work on a DOS machine until about five years ago. It ran WordPerfect 5.0, which is still the best software ever written for a writer, I think. But now, obviously, I work on a Windows machine, and Windows just will not let you de-install a Solitaire program. It puts it back whenever you try to remove it.

Attached: 0,,48390220,00.jpg (650x840, 134K)

>The biggest struggle was getting Hearts and Solitaire off of it
Bitch, that shit is fucking easy.

>>/lit/
>>/lgbt/

How could I create an isolation machine for programming?

raspberry pi and ifconfig down all network interfaces

templeos.org

> I took the wireless card out immediately, and I plugged up the Ethernet hole with superglue.

Attempt to evade surveillance detected. Report to re-education camp immediately!

I’m a writer and just turn WiFi off and have another user account without distractions, why does this guy have to go so far?

If you can't get work done on a computer, you're just a faggot with shit for brains.

He could just install Linux. No wifi is a feature.

Maybe it is easier for him to get distracted?

I think you got lost. This is Jow Forums, not /lit/

Either that or due to manipulation of dopamine receptors and the natural occurrence of neuroplasticity which results in a behavioural addiction that causes the brain's in-built information requirement to seek it in the programmed locations.

But I'm sure you're just special.

Honestly I just shutdown all network adapters when I'm writing on my windows computer, maybe you could make like a bash script that shuts down all the network adapters and another to turn them back on again when you need them to be.

plug off the router

or destroy your OS network drivers

>Windows just will not let you de-install a Solitaire program. It puts it back whenever you try to remove it.
>Doesn't know about "Turn Windows features on or off"
>Blames Windows for his lack of knowledge

>It's not Windows' fault that its option to uninstall doesn't install
>It's the user's fault for thinking that uninstall means uninstall

>not just using an ibm selectric
disregarding "muh paper use", that thing would be perfect.

Attached: IBM_Selectric.jpg (640x480, 22K)

I used Dism++ to remove the provisioned appx, I haven't seen an automatic windows store install except for updates to stuff I already have and want.

Attached: 1530163288058.jpg (222x293, 19K)

>You are so much of a retard that you are unable to control yourself
This is pathetic

But how do I look up solution for my problem if I don't have internet on?

virgin has to limit himself by super gluing his ethernet port to get work done

chad wrote all his books in google docs

The internet is the biggest time sink for me. Hell I even went back to consoles because I didn't play shit because I kept getting distracted shitposting or browsing stupid shit.

if you can't work with the internet you're just a weak-willed cuck

in that case you turn it back on just so you can look up whatever you need, then turn it back on again so you don't get any notifications or whatever.

>people having no self control
plot twist: people inherently don't have much of it

Of course they don't. Social media platforms don't pay teams of psycologists to assist with design for no reason. You'll never get virtue signallers like to admit this though.

Says the nerd posting on Jow Forums

Imagine having so little willpower that you unconsciously open fucking Solitaire when you're supposed to be working.

I’d rather work than play that shitty game

He couldn't figure out how to do it because he couldn't check the internet

Unfortunately since I got broadband I'm unable to write programs without Googleing shit every ten lines I write.

Before I would just download the language/library manual and figure things out myself but now I'm a brainlet.

It's just neuroplasticity. If you changed your behaviour your brain will rewire to better perform that task. Your brain doesn't care if a task is "good" or "bad" just that you do it enough to rewire to better perform it.

I feel the same. Feels like I lost my ability to solve problems on my own, without looking up information online. I was able to install Slackware, gentoo, and software, all without ever going online to read forum posts and wikis, since the offline documentation was good. Back then, software weren't so complicated either, so maybe it was easier to figure things out from looking at the problem. Never ever did I go online to figure out my issues with MSDOS or Windows before XP.