ROOT your damn phone already

ROOT your damn phone already

Attached: Lineage.png (728x485, 16K)

What is "ROOT"?

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5. How do I go about this?

>tfw Huawei
yeah sadly no

That is for the bootloader. Use one of those sketchy Chinese root hacks.

How about not wasting my time to do something that can at most do some shitty gimmicks?

If you're going to waste your time rooting then you might as well go to an AOSP custom ROM (which actually has a purpose).

Is lineage out for the v30 yet?

Waiting for my Xperia XZ1 compact release.

>enter the cat and mouse game between google and chink niggers over safetynet
>try to open bank app
>updated safetynet is tripped
>have to wait for magisk to be updated until I can use it again

I have rooted my phone, but croms are just not available. LG G5 SE.

My phone is rooted.

But all I use it for is a magisk camera module.

I've been too lazy to even into adblocking or firewalling.

>too lazy for adaway
kill yourself

k

Attached: Screenshot_20180930-134959.png (720x1280, 53K)

I don't want greasy pajeet software on my phone.

>se
Muh nigga

That happens for buying a third-worlder's phone

Well, point me to a better phone that has a replaceable battery and an SD card slot.

I have to disable adaway and possibly reboot when I do need tracking for when I online shop through cash back sites.

I use lightning browser when I don't want to see ads and "Browser" when I shop currently.

(I don't have or use any ad displaying apps)

Why would I root my phone?
What advantage would there be? Everything you used to have to root for just werks now

Attached: Screenshot_20180925-112156_Clover dev.jpg (1440x2960, 626K)

Why are you talking about root but posting a custom ROM?
you know they're not the same thing, right?

Attached: Screenshot_Settings_20180930-125515.png (1080x1920, 105K)

Moto E5 Plus

What do you do for turn by turn navigation during high traffic hours?

Does WhatsApp work?

Host file access?

battery isn't removable

google maps still works
I THINK WhatsApp works, but I'm not sure since I don't use it.

now type su - in that terminal and post results

Not even really needed, for example I use AdGuard which creates a local VPN and filters out bad hosts that way. I think there's other similar solutions too.

that drains battery faster though

Fuck sake Jordan you should know better.
At least run the VPN from home on your router and use host blocking there. Save your bloody battery.

I was asking why I'd need root access on my phone in 2018. If you need to do rooty things you could just like install Arch to a folder and chroot
not by any noticeable amount

Nice. I'll have to try it next time I need to do a clean install.

Will also need to figure out another way to sync my calendar and contacts off Google as well.

Wasn't out when I bought my LG.

What phone do you use? If it's officially supported by lineage OS then you're in luck because microG auto generates builds.
otherwise, you have to set it up yourself which is a pain in the ass. I think there was some kind of magisk module that can do it for you, but I don't remember the name.

Also as for syncing, I think there is DAVdroid. Never tried it since I usually just back up my contacts to my PC, but I know of some people that use it. Could also look into syncthing.

Are they making an official build for this? Or is it just pajeet ware unofficial builds?

Got a xiaomeme redmi note 5 so it's got official support.

There's probably a WebDAV module I can run on my qnap nas. It's just that I have all my apps setup the way I like them and reinstalling them would be a pain.

Does microg fork do OTA updates too? (Though it's no big deal booting into recovery manually. I have too do that with magisk anyway)

I just don't think I'll enjoy manual backup and import. I do have syncthing running on my phone for that though.

You could had bought an S7

You can't chroot on non rooted device nigger. Only proot which is castrated version of chroot.

Yeah the microG builds do have OTA updates as well

Don't use kingwin, it doesn't work but it keeps a hidden app on your phone that does god only knows.

debating between this and resurrection remix

just change your device fingerprint with props config nigger

*kingroot

from my experience RR is more customizable, but also eats up more ram.
I went with lineage because I mostly care about performance, and they have stricter requirements for something to be official.

>implying there's a direct relation between rooting and LineageOS.
Op is a retard.

Attached: image.jpg (251x201, 6K)

I have no reason to, all I use it for is calls, texts, and one or two games

Does it have a removable battery, retard?

literally all phones have removable batteries, some are just harder than others to remove

Yeah, you can also technically resolder a motherboard.

no

>only compatible with $200+ devices
>spending more than $50 on a phone

Note5 here. Rooted and with an unofficial version of lineage. Theres some problems but at least I distanced myself from the botnet

>have a phone game that doesn't work with ROOT
>emulators are only for windows
Options:
1.Root phone and abandon linux for win10
2.Do not root
3.abandon game
4.kill myself
What do?

You can literally hide Magisk in the settings. By doing so it'll scramble Magisk and you'll probably be fine to play your game without issues / problems

yes since linux doesn't have any android emulators just install windows 10

Root takes away Samsung Pay and Secure Folder as well cap my battery life to 80 percent, so no.

Samsung Pay is neat, funny watching retailers confused as fuck that I'm paying with my watch; sometimes they tell me they don't have Apple pay so that's not gonna work but it usually does.

I love that too.
>go to local hardware store
>guys get agitated when I get my phone out to pay and starts telling me "WE DON'T USE APPLE PAY HERE"
>the transactions goes through successfully, he says nothing afterwards

Piece of shit keep fucking with both magisk and emulators. When emu is fucked, you can play on phone. When magisk is fucked you're screwed until update.

Titanium Backup, Viper Audio, ForceDoze, Greenify…

I asked in the previous thread and got no answer.
What benefits will I get if I put lineage on my OP 3T?
Does it even support OP?

fucking zoomer

>If you're going to waste your time rooting then you might as well go to an AOSP custom ROM (which actually has a purpose).
Which is what's implied here.

>Well, point me to a better phone that has a replaceable battery and an SD card slot.
Any phone which doesn't inevitably and randomly bootloop.
Great argument. Back to using possibly backdoored OEM firmwares as of now, thanks man.

I don't even know what you mean.

It's not like the zip file automatically flashes itself.

There are no good ROMs available for my phone. These threads make me so mad

rooted AND running my own kernel :^)

Not sure what you're trying to say here.

>Any phone which doesn't inevitably and randomly bootloop.
So any phone that doesn't inevitably and randomly bootloop has a replaceable battery and an SD card slot? What the fuck are you talking about?

Once my warranty expires and my phone isn't getting any more official updates.

LG g4s here. Literally impossible to root

WhatsApp works on my Falcon with microG and the last version of Nougat AEX
Only thing I had problems with are maps, they usually show up corrupted on WhatsApp and similar applications, some like Weather Underground show up corrupted

What problems? I have a Note 5 too, and I'm not liking MIUI one bit, but I'm worried with compatibility issues.

like Weather Underground straight up crash*

>implying anyone here would even use Android with stock firmware or Google botnet

>Not sure what you're trying to say here.
Keep using the version of Magisk which offers your device to pass SafetyNet and hide root.

Any phone has a replaceable battery, but most likely not user replaceable. It's sadly over. It's also not a good idea to rely on a device which will inevitably and randomly bootloop.

>Any phone has a replaceable battery, but most likely not user replaceable. It's sadly over.
So you cannot point me to a better device that has a replaceable battery and a SD card slot.
>It's also not a good idea to rely on a device which will inevitably and randomly bootloop.
Which phone would that be?

I have libre devices and cuck no-privacy devices. Anything I want to keep secret from corporations stays on my libre devices, which do not include the tracking device I call "a smartphone".

Isn't that the latest one? Bro, what are you smoking?

>So you cannot point me to a better device that has a replaceable battery and a SD card slot.
Use /spg/ for this. Also, this stopped being a thing after the V and G series of LG devices which bootloop. You are without options.
>Isn't that the latest one?
I wouldn't know. I have no use for SafetyNet and hiding root. You also haven't specified which version you're using and yet you're acting bewildered for some reason.

>open bank app
>warning message
>we have detected that this device is rooted, we cannot guarantee the security of the app, use at own risk
>continue to use all the features of the app
Why are you banking with (((them)))?
Fucking G O Y

>I wouldn't know
Then stop giving advice, retard. The most recent fixes always go in the latest version.

Rooting is not as important as having a custom ROM, I have only 5 root apps and only 2 of them REQUIRE root, the others just become more convenient.

I can't. I have a GS7e snapdragron and it is locked tighter than a nun's asshole.
The only way to root it is to flash a patched engineering ROM, But that absolutely gimps both the battery and performance, fucker gets too hot to hold at idle with it.
If only i bought the exynos version instead...

I can't, I'm on a $50 dollar LG Phoenix 3 which is currently not possible to root and probably never will be

Attached: download (1).jpg (357x357, 11K)

>Also, this stopped being a thing after the V and G series of LG devices which bootloop
Not all of them do.
>You are without options.
No, I use the best phone that is available that fills my criteria, which is LG G5 SE.

Again, you haven't bothered to mention which version is causing you troubles. Thanks for insulting me for no reason, now I really want to help you.

I'm afraid to even root because numerous reports that fate/go detects root and magisk. Seems recent update of magisk work, but taking chances?

how the fuck do I root a moto G ):<
ive done everything the guides tell me to but still nothing

I have no reason to open a giant security hole on my phone.

What shit guides did you read? It's been the same for every phone for the last 5 years - flash your root application of choice(Magisk) from recovery(TWRP).

There is no security hole if you only install trusted software from trusted sources. On the other hand if you install from anywhere, nothing will save you from rootkit.

Based and redpilled

Attached: Screenshot_Magisk_Manager_20180930-213922.png (720x1280, 53K)

Guess I should have been more specific.
I'm unable to unlock the bootloader. And the guides I have all read say I need to use drivers from motorolas website which seem to use an .exe to install, and I don't have a windows installation on any of my harddrives.

upvoted xDDD

Fastboot works on Linux, it's originally a Linux application in fact, fastboot drivers are generic.

Attached: Screenshot_20180930-234953.png (1080x1920, 98K)

Fuckin, okay. Guess all I came across was pajeet guides that didn't help me at all. What do I need to do after I download Magisk?