What's Jow Forums's verdict on the Xiaomi Notebooks? Looks sleek and sturdy, but how's the build quality...

What's Jow Forums's verdict on the Xiaomi Notebooks? Looks sleek and sturdy, but how's the build quality? Any privacy issues, considering it's a Chinese brand?

Attached: 97e1ca5279f7057297cdf2e84bca3875e26e3b62.jpg (940x540, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

squaretrade.com/htm/pdf/SquareTrade_laptop_reliability_1109.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

thinkpads are better

macbooks are better

it may look sleep and sturdy but internal parts won't last long and they will stop working, forcing you to buy another laptop

Did you just trash talk a brand you don't even know just because it's Chinese?

Then why is HP statistically one of the least reliable brands when it comes to laptops?

Hahahaha good joke.

recommend me a model or brand then

i had one. fan started making a funny noise after a few months. thankfully it was easily replaceable

bump
I´ve been looking for a replacement for my 9 year old macBook

.5 chingchongs was sent to your paypal account

Attached: chart.jpg (750x584, 51K)

>Surface tablets are unreliable as fuck
no wonder they have shit sales

Thats actually true by the way, although its not like its a lot higher than other brands. These numbers actually kind of surprised me, never would have thought failure rates were that high.
squaretrade.com/htm/pdf/SquareTrade_laptop_reliability_1109.pdf

I bought a Xiaomi Air 13. If you're not Chinese you'll have to install the appropriate version of Windows or use linux. Linux works well with non-free drivers.

The build quality is nice. The speakers are okay. The battery life is okay but not that impressive. If you're not going to even use the discrete video card consider a different. It is powerful and small for the price. The fan can be annoying. If I did it all over again I probably would just get a thinkpad.

those numbers are wrong and misleading, see

Attached: failurerate.png (810x494, 64K)

>posts image
>no source

anyone can make this chart off powerpoint or office

Your "source" literally states that HP is the shittiest of all wtf.

>see (You)
>squaretrade.com/htm/pdf/SquareTrade_laptop_reliability_1109.pdf
thats the source you fucking mongoloid illiterate

The original claim by the OP is that HP is the least reliable brand. Which is true in this case.

(I got confused too)

Are these oficially sold outside china? I know the Huawei ones are

Exactly? He said HP was one of the least reliable, you replied "hahahah good joke" like a moron with no actual argument, and I agreed with him and posted data to back it up.

Attached: download.jpg (199x254, 20K)

>
>those numbers are wrong and misleading, see

Your source is from 2009, his source is from 2017 nigger.

The issue with these charts is with Lenovo. Based ThinkPads are immortal , even the low end E series now has MIL-STD 810G with *80 series

The consumer grade though are just as good as the regular HP

nope you can only import them

>Based ThinkPads are immorta

Too bad this claim has never been backed up by any failure rate study isn't it?

How do I join the cult?

Damm...
Chinkbooks look like THAT?!?

Attached: 4zu3mipro.jpg (800x600, 183K)

basically. Warranty is better, touchpad is better, software is better.

I'd argue that if you can get a cheap Xiaomi and you put your favorite flavor of linux on it, it could be competitive, tho.

Yeah, mac ripoffs running what looks like a windows 10 ripoff

>windows 10 ripoff
kek

so yes

You can get the Huawei ones from microsoft for a good price. Although apparently they have QA issues

> Microsoft makes a windows 10 ripoff

Huawei does it better.

Attached: mbxp.jpg (970x647, 198K)

That's why I recommend the air 12". No driver issues with intel integrated graphics, they're part of the linux kernel, no fan yet doesn't overheat. 128GB with a free slot for another ssd. Some people will complain about 4GB of ram but for a core m3 it makes sense.
Solid, inexpensive laptop all around with stellar linux support.

I got that one, so far it's pretty good.

> diaominair
lmao they’re not even pretending anymore are they

xiaomi air*

>nov 2009
You're the only fucking mongoloid here. One is from 2017 and yours is from a fucking decade earlier.

I have one and happy with my purchase. Build quality is good. 1000 dollar notebook which looks and feels like 2000 dollar one. I don't care about privacy since I am not pedo or government agent.

Attached: Xiaomi-Mi-Gaming-Laptop-Review-3.jpg (1280x853, 138K)

>macbooks are better
Yeah.. better at dying right after Apple Care™ runs out.