Omfg haiku on a VM with 2Gb of ram and only one core of my shitty laptop runs better than the host running windows...

Omfg haiku on a VM with 2Gb of ram and only one core of my shitty laptop runs better than the host running windows. This might be it guys.

Attached: omg.png (1026x858, 129K)

fml got a discord notification mods pls delete guys please dont look

Activar your windows, Pedro

they should put an easter egg thanking people if the uptime is above 30 minutes

who knows maybe someone would even see it

> no software

Any OS that cant run natively on the hardware is a meme OS.

got ya
you been hacked

It can though. They pull from FreeBSD to get hardware support.

what's their core

It works just fine on real hardware I've tried. The fact that OP is running in a VM doesn't mean it won't work on bare metal. The only problem I've encountered was that one of very old integrated Intel GPUs would have no hardware acceleration, which breaks glteapot, but it's still usable.
Too bad haiku lacks software, as it would make it into a quite nice operating system (although, I can't stand the window manager it uses, as it's quite clunky).

any OS that has barely any software runs fast :^)

It's very cool baby, but that's nothing.
16 year old PowerPC machine, emulating x86.
Whaddaya think?

Attached: Picture 1.png (1920x1200, 1.51M)

It's really amazing, there are almost no load times. You click on something and BAM there it is.

It has different browsers to choose from, it has Libreoffice and they are even porting Blender. It has software.

Your average haiku user

Attached: PicsArt_09-30-03.58.28.jpg (1080x1098, 67K)

I remember this feeling when I first got an SSD. Then companies started putting phone-home and connectivity shit in their software so it takes ages for anything to start again. MS Office loading times from a modern SSD are a fucking joke.

activate your windows man

>hurr I don't know how to install literally any distro from scratch
literally you, Pedro

Haiku.

INSTALL WINE

Attached: laughing-smiley-face-gif-400x400_Lachender_Smilie_Laughing_Smiley.gif (400x400, 498K)

Comfy as fuck.

>2Gb
That's just 256 MB!

oi pedro

>40MHz
Must run like shit. I hope that reading is incorrect.

que pasa

That reading is correct. It takes like five minutes to boot up. Once it's booted it runs okay-ish, though. I'd use Virtual PC instead of this hacked together version of qemu I'm using, but the damn thing emulates a Pentium MMX and Haiku requires i686 minimum. I have tried it, it just hangs at boot.

lel
sopa do pasa

la creatura...

Fami?

I tried watching peppa pig on youtube and the browser crashed. Instantly dropped.

Attached: ppig.png (219x219, 9K)

Is it even a question? I don't think there's anyone else in here daft enough to try such a thing.

Attached: IMG_20180927_164851.jpg (2560x1920, 2.68M)

I might try haiku on my Thinkpad x60, anything I need to know?

>I tried watching peppa pig on youtube and the browser crashed
At that point the OS is just doing you a favor by killing the software that's displaying such cancer.

any idea how their EFI implemention looks like? it seems they only provide a 64-bit version. since haiku seems to be fast, I'd like to install it on an atom netbook but that one only supports 32bit efi and I'd like to have a look whenever their efi bootloader could be modified.

Attached: 84287170.jpg (900x888, 95K)

what does it resemble

BeOS.

There is no 32 bit EFI and it isnt planned. You have to do it if you need it.

exactly but there is a howto on adding 32bit efi to linux. no idea on where to start on haiku. I mean this notebook can handle 64bit os, but efi boot part needs to be 32.

>Omfg
>does everything windows 98 does
>in eight times the RAM
>and a processor 20x as fast
>This might be it guys.

Attached: 1517376014332.jpg (460x420, 32K)

At least you get AHCI and USB drivers

>a primitive os without visual candy runs fast!!

is this your first time installing an alternative os

and how do you expect me to use windows 98 in the modern day? web browsers dont even support it

I think that you're a lame macfag.

I would start by cloning the source tree.

you may not get wifi working inmediately.

If the i686 require fundamental or is it just how they chose the compile the official images?

>You can go on facebook, write loli fan fiction and you can make boxes
What about gayms, film and photo editing software, audio editing software, codeblocks etc.

kino os

Dunno. I haven't tried building it myself yet.

Somebody tried to bootstrap Haiku on 486, you can ask at the irc channel.

Does it have steam yet? Proton?

>codeblocks
it has qtcreator