I'm sorry, but I refuse to take anyone who uses a dark theme for "coding" seriously...

I'm sorry, but I refuse to take anyone who uses a dark theme for "coding" seriously, in fact I lose all respect for them. There are so many faggots at my school that do this, and of course they are fucking shit at programming and can't even do the most basic of tasks in lab. What does Jow Forums think though?

Attached: vscode-default-dark-theme-1024x666.png (1024x666, 242K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eclipsecolorthemes.org/?view=theme&id=1004
ux.stackexchange.com/a/53268
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

looks fine to me
my eyes hurt when I go from a dark theme to a white background website.

>I've never stared at an IDE and wrote code and designs for an entire workday
the post

Attached: 1537844326573.png (430x441, 86K)

What does it matter? I usually prefer dark themes, especially on bad screens, because it puts less strain on my eyes if you're looking at it for hours on end.

why using var when there is let?

Not using light theme 6am to 6pm and dark theme 6pm to 6am

> school
> javascript
> var

Enjoy losing your vision starting at a white screen all day you fucking autist.

I hate faggots that *spins wheel, use dark themes

user is a strange creature, at once desperate to be the same yet different from his fellows.

I haven't seen a single person at work who uses a light theme, I guess this is because the IDE they commonly use has a dark theme by default and they're too lazy to change it.
It's not edgy to use a dark theme, not all people like having light colors burning their eyes.

Jokes on you, I refuse to take anyone using an IDE seriously.

>There are so many faggots at my school that do this,
And there we have it. You've never coded for eight hours a day, five days a week.
(Pic related. Your eyes after staring at a lightbulb for five years.)

Attached: High.jpg (500x500, 80K)

>whatiseyestrain.jpg

Such is the life of an autistic contrarian.

They say dark themes can reduce eye fatigue after long periods.
I look at the code 9 to 10 hours a day, and I feel dark themes are better.
Pure black with white letters is bad too though. Neutral and grey colors seem to work the best for me.

>at my school

Please fuck off underage faggot.

>b-b-b-ut college

You're mentally and emotionally still an underage faggot.

I use different color schemes depending on my mood and the time of day. Early in the day I tend to use lighter backgrounds. At night I use dark.
I sometimes use different color schemes for different projects, files, languages, etc.
Color has a function, it's not about looking pretty.
I can't read as easily on black when it's day time, and the opposite at night

I dont know why people need anything more than VIM in a terminal. It has natural dark theme, syntax coloring, shortcuts to specific lines or what ever. Everything else is just a meme, I've only ever used IDEs for gaym and app development where it saves me the hassle of learning how to write a GUI and how some random software engine works.

That's nice.

Attached: 1441080526115~01~01.jpg (500x271, 25K)

Dark themes are better on your eyes, light themes in daytime are battery sabers because you dont need as much brightness.

It's amazing that in this booming economy Jow Forums is still filled with so many unemployed "programmers"

I have, and I contest this. To me, light themes actually seem comfier and more natural, but I cave to dark themes because cargo cult culture. And because they're cool.
Also, maybe how shitty my eyes are is a factor: at this point, there's a weird astigmatism thing going on that's uncorrectable by lenses: I look at something, it seems slightly blurry, and then my eyes adjust to make it crisp temporarily. With high contrast, light on dark like in dark themes, this is more exaggerated than on light themes, making light themes slightly comfier in that they remind me less about my decaying vision. :B
In a dark room, though, I admittedly prefer dark themes. Too much of a contrast otherwise.

Attached: Fallout Vault Pip Boy Glasses Four Eyes.png (103x148, 5K)

That's real fuckin neato, kid.

Attached: 1522366562165.png (3388x3638, 326K)

Although it's a double-edged sword: light themes also show all your floaters and vitreal iceberg shadows and weird shit, so there's really no winning.
Cybernetic eyes when

Savers, whoops! Fucking star wars keyboard.
I mean I wouldnt call myself a programmer either though, I do it for fun or to compliment my other goals, like as part of studying some other field, to automate my tasks at work, or arbitrary bullshit for github to make me look smart and over qualified for a non programming job.
My recipe for success:
Day time, light theme, lower brightness, save battery.
Night time, dark theme, lower brightness, save eyestrain.
Blue light filters for those shitty apps and websites that refuse to conform.

You can pretty much guarantee that OP never worked on a project for more than a few hours.

Fair enough. Good for you expanding your knowledge. Have you considered software? Because interest in knowing new things is oddly rare in this field.

I never went to college (well I slept through Linux into course, passed, and use my old IT school email to say I did) but I've studied hardware thoroughly, and I service computers now for a job like a wagecuck, and study UNIX and BSD now that I have strong grasps of Linux, Windows, and MacOS. I've already got a good grip on python and C. I'm probably at about 2nd year full time CS student level, and my pet projects for right now are improving my soldering so I can be confident in using it for board repair, a Thinkpad theme for Gnome and Gnome shell which is near completion, and an OpenBSD driver for my thinkpad's RTL8822BE, but I am still in the early parts of the research phase for that.

I can't imagine having a modern software job and being saddled with the absolute hell that is being a CRUD codemonkey, where nobody respects what you do, and you're forced to stay well learned on all the latest webdev frameworks and toolchains which change every 3-4 months or else your skills become "obsolete" very quickly.

You can write software on the side, but don't make it your JOB.

>eye strain
It's not caused by a theme's brightness/darkness in itself, but the contrast between the screen and the environment. Bright themes will strain your eyes if you work in dark or dimly lit room, but so will dark themes in a brightly lit environment.

Jow Forums gets trivially upset by things that have no impact on anything. I call it the "ricing elitist" mindset. When the difference in things does not matter at all, but little bitches throw a fit about it.

Using a light theme can give me a headache after a while. Fuck you faggot.

>all dev is webdev
>what is C, C++, OCaml, etc.
>what is CS degree from respected institutions

Attached: Alouqua reaction.png (402x402, 330K)

>programming on laptops
Kind of gross. Maybe if I'm a disaster evacuee and my trimonitor workstation has been vaporized by Saudi suicide plane strikes and entering the lungs of rescue workers to give them exotic chronic respiratory diseases crippling them for the rest of their lives or something.

Attached: a1de070b9b57105a-600x400.png (600x400, 367K)

>not using a light theme with the brightness on your laptop dimmed when not on AC power
>not using a dark theme with the brightness jacked up and blue light filtered when on AC power

do you idiots even global color schemes?

>Judging people on the aesthetics of their theme
I like a dark theme for everything. Personally, it's easier on my eyes. I hate light, bright websites.

Attached: niggerlicious.png (600x600, 52K)

If I try to read black text (#000000) on white (#FFFFFF) background on a screen (not paper), I can get eye strain literally within seconds, e.g. after reading a single paragraph of text. Similarly, white text on black bg is also shitty, probably even worse.
What I found to be comfortable (=can look at for hours) is somewhat bright grey to white text (maybe about #CCCCCC) on mid to dark grey (maybe about #333333) background. Which is commonly known as "dark theme".

Get your eyes checked, retard.

What is "eye strain"? Like, what do you feel?
Sweetie

Attached: Samurai Jack - S01D01 - Part 1_1 [00_31_04.699].png (768x570, 366K)

Black text on lighter background is way more easier to focus on for me..

Attached: 1538234240463.png (538x538, 322K)

>white screen hurts my eyes
Ask me how I know you use cheap, W-LED backlit, PWM flickering "monitors" in your dimly lit basements.

>I'm sorry, but I refuse to take anyone who uses a dark theme for "coding" seriously,

Attached: baitBigger.jpg (1000x1000, 45K)

Dark themes for dark rooms (i.e. my basement). Light themes for brightly lit offices.

>hating on someone's choice of tooling

You're stupid, I'm sorry to say, but if you care about what other people are using, you're probably a worthless degenerate.

>t. darkfag

light theme is more readable and productive but dark theme looks cooler so I use it lol

>post explaining it doesn't matter which theme you use
>hurr imma call him out for using a dark theme
great comeback dude

eclipsecolorthemes.org/?view=theme&id=1004
Yw for comfy based retina-massaging theme

Attached: Eclipse_trooper.jpg (1280x720, 58K)

ux.stackexchange.com/a/53268

>However, most studies have shown that dark characters on a light background are superior to light characters on a dark background (when the refresh rate is fairly high). For example, Bauer and Cavonius (1980) found that participants were 26% more accurate in reading text when they read it with dark characters on a light background.

>People with astigmatism (approximately 50% of the population) find it harder to read white text on black than black text on white. Part of this has to do with light levels: with a bright display (white background) the iris closes a bit more, decreasing the effect of the "deformed" lens; with a dark display (black background) the iris opens to receive more light and the deformation of the lens creates a much fuzzier focus at the eye.

Attached: 513 feels.png (846x592, 22K)

>I refuse to take anyone who uses a dark theme for "coding" seriously
Guess how do I know you've never worked a day in your life writing software?

>>People with astigmatism (approximately 50% of the population) find it harder to read white text on black than black text on white. Part of this has to do with light levels: with a bright display (white background) the iris closes a bit more, decreasing the effect of the "deformed" lens; with a dark display (black background) the iris opens to receive more light and the deformation of the lens creates a much fuzzier focus at the eye.

Yea, my eyes get blinded if I don't have Night Light on WIndows 10 on for Black on White themes, fuck your low-iq "hard to read", I care about my eyes. If it's hard to read increase the fucking font size or get glasses.

>mfw style set to Tomorrow

Attached: 1538351864418.jpg (249x249, 17K)

I got made fun of my first day for using gnu nano.

anything like this for vscode?

Attached: yS8A5KBn3Y61W61QUEGPAduNhVTTLrPgMBWaLSjEQeg.png (1200x1650, 2.07M)

yes

cool thanks :)

if you have a large and bright screen dark backgrounds are much easier to work with long term

I work nights at a fucking hotel and live north as fuck. Most days I wake up around 6PM and am asleep by 10 or 11. There's fucking blackout curtains in my bedroom and heavy curtains on the rest of the house.When fucking winter rolls around I don't see the sun for a few months. I litterally sleep through the paltry amount of light God has graced us with.

Ever try using a bright af theme at night? Hurts after a while. So every goddamn thing I use is Solarized Dark themed.

I know it makes me look like a faggot, but when I'm eating a nice supper at 6AM it works.

Confirmed for casual.

>1980
I'd like to see studies using modern tech

I have really shitty eyes with astigmatism and dark on light makes shit hurt and I find it way harder to focus

Same with people who use fixed-width fonts.

>school
Leave kid this board is for adults

>Only children go to school

Attached: 1535725641743.jpg (550x422, 35K)

If you're in programming classes you're either a child or a retard

Attached: 1520106014036.png (1000x1000, 177K)

pic related

Attached: screenshot.png (554x252, 12K)

i have blue light filters on my glasses
i don't think i need dark themes anymore considering yotsuba b no longer bothers my eyes after 8 hours of browsing