What is the point of gaps?

Pic related.

Why would you purposefully waste screen space?

Attached: Sun 30 Sep 2018 04:35:48 PM PDT.png (2560x1600, 1.48M)

Attached: rice-2.jpg (599x336, 26K)

I like the way it looks and if I need to get rid of them I've got a macro for that.

It looks neat, like two pages nicely arranged next to each other.

I want to go back.

Attached: topiclist.png (2864x858, 548K)

It doesn't matter so much on modern resolutions.

improves readability.

how

its about screen size, not resolution

after windows 8 tiles I'm expecting a fantasticly high screen resolution and exactly one symbol/tile/card to fill it. after they corrputed every alterative first and finally can force it down everyones throat. i'm sure it will happen, this was their plan all along.

(of course only the super double plus professional version. in every other version, the button is smaller and surrounded by ads)

Attached: m.jpg (4000x4000, 422K)

i3 is such nigger tier software.
If you can't configure DWM just fuck off back to windows.

sorry i want to be able to configure my wm and restart in inplace without having to recompile

also its not even i3

ensures both programs are distinct from each other with a defined border. There are people who do i3 with literally no space between the applications like the pic which is from a Jow Forumsentooman on Youtube called budlabs. The problem with his setup is the lack of distinction between his 4 windows, it just blurs together. Obviously it's functional because i3 is about tailoring the program to your use case but it definitely does not conform to proper UI configuration which concerns with silhouettes. When you make windows have distinct silhouettes it allows the user to turn their brain off when searching for what they want.

Attached: 3r8m2eRA.png (1280x720, 354K)

wow you have to run make and wait for 2 minutes. How awful

What advantages does DWM present over i3?

yeah its 2 minutes every time i want to try a new config value. thats too slow to make a meaningful comparison without screenshotting

a somewhat small gap is good for the sake of sanity. you see a nice distinction between windows, that's all. Were you a robot then you won't need that. But I personally feel less clustered that way

I hate non GUI fags too. They cannot possibly have a life. It's super uncomfortable to type with one hand thus they must be using both while using non-gui window manager. thus, they don't have one hand free to eat, drink, fap, pet a cat, eating something undefined from their toes. ergo, no life. i rest my case your honor.

you know you call still operate i3 and a lot of terminal software with the mouse if you have a term emulator that supports it?

webm or it didn't happen

Not a problem if your hands aren't tiny and your keyboard isn't massive

you don't like cute small gaps user? are you that gay?

Attached: 2018-10-01-02:18:08_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 1.42M)

I don't know how to record the screen on wayland. I can only take screenshots

my sexuality is beside the point, i would appreciate if you didn't go there its a sensitive subject

user you sound very virgin

You need to fix those colors.

don't remind me

Attached: sad3.png (656x755, 42K)

>You need to fix those colors.
im literally shaking, aint fixing that nightmare

A bit of extra space makes it easier to judge what's a separate window, 5px is worth it

this, the equal margins all around pleases my internals

Because tiling is already retarded and inefficient, might as well make it worse. Or just go floating and join the master race, but that just makes too much sense

Or I can hit a hotkey and reload my new values in a fraction of a second. Fuck off

dwm compiles in 10 seconds on my X250 with an ULV cpu, and I have the same hotkey.
enjoy your 700 line config files to do I have have in a single binary.

>700L config

Attached: Sun 30 Sep 2018 05:49:55 PM PDT.png (2560x1600, 811K)

lmao you copied 90% of that from the arch wiki.
Kill yourself.

>reinventing the wheel for no reason

>config files
>single binary.
separation of data is actually good design

Whar in that image did i copy from the arch wiki? because i actually wrote it all

Floating has no advantages beyond not having to learn some keybinds over a few hours