I'm holding a presentation tomorrow on why Terry Davis is the greatest programmer ever...

I'm holding a presentation tomorrow on why Terry Davis is the greatest programmer ever. Need your help to put something together in the niggerlicious proprietary botnet that is PowerPoint.

Attached: 1527938634788.jpg (1294x478, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N9c0-ZC-4-E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Give your presentation using templeos not PowerPoint you can easily show why Terry is so smart by showing examples. Don't be a cattle and use powerpoint do you think Terry would do that?

Please do something more productive with your assignment.

Just make a PDF dipshit. It's not 2003 anymore.

Attached: photo_2018-09-05_13-44-26 (2).jpg (1280x1280, 112K)

Make sure to start out with this clip
youtube.com/watch?v=N9c0-ZC-4-E

damn terry was goin off man

>LaTeX
BEAMER
E
A
M
E
R

Attached: Knuth_3.jpg (249x326, 11K)

Was.

He's not dead

kek

(He is.)

Attached: the nile.png (280x513, 74K)

Is Terry still dead?

You're a fucking idiot, getting branded a racist the second month of your freshman year over memes.

This isn't to say that he isn't the greatest programmer, but you better hope no one who looks into Terry Davis further out of the curiosity your presentation is meant to provoke uses his Twitter history as an impetus to "call you out" publicly.

He had fucking schizophrenia. No one will brand you as a racist because of incoherent rants from a sick man. His achievements as a programers are still important.

how are they important? Racist apologists use him as a pedestal for showcasing how progressive they are in understanding mental illness when he made something that will never be interested in any form or capacity into modern OSes cause his idea was planted in 80s and 90s era computer culture that revolved around physical disks and a lack of hardware/external support , legit makes 0 sense to praise him as someone who made important contributions

This. Stop being retarded OP.
It's a fun meme to share with anons, but the way to advance whatever you believe in IRL is not by presenting some schizophrenic guy who wanted to kill 90% of humanity and called people nigger in their faces.

Yeah, I'm sure nobody from Jow Forums ever unironically worshiped Terry because of his racism
Besides is right, his 'achievements' are a meme and he is noteworthy only because of his schizophrenia

While I somewhat agree that this is not the greatest idea early in college however user can safely talk about all the interesting ideas and the way templeos was built

Of course he had schizophrenia but they'll be like "why did you choose him to do a report on" and see it as a reflection on OP.

There are no "interesting" ideas (they're mostly just weird) in templeos other than a C interpreter as a command line and embedded graphics in text files.
But then again, WHY did he chose templeos and not, say, plan9 or minix, that have more useful yet obscure features? Because he was an edgy schizo and OP is an edgy faggot, that's why.

the bell labs guys who wrote C are actually the GOAT programmers.

Why do 90% of the stupid ******s on this board not have any fucking clue what csh is.... I see a post everyday from someone who thinks bash is shell and would be incredibly impressed to discover that bash is one of thousands of shells

lol @ u, I converted PPT to PDF.

When did this board become the infested with /s/o/y/flakes?

Because non of them was produced by one man.

Why do self-aggrandizing niggers like you always shit up a thread with their retardation? While csh is closer in syntax to C, it's nowhere as close to actual C (not to mention to the hardware) as Holy C is, not to mention that Terry's whole OS is written in Holy C (except for the parts that had to be written in assembly) while csh would only be used for scripting (if it ever became popular in the first place).
Minix 2 was written by Tanenbaum alone. If you want single man projects then also look into SymbOS, MenuetOS, L4, Visopsys.
The only reason Terry is famous is because the Vice article and that metokur youtube faggot, both of which overstated Terry's accomplishments for (You)s and used him as a lolcow because of his schizophrenia.

Attached: Terry knows.jpg (1232x1040, 183K)