/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Stupid question thread.
Ask your stupid questions here.

>Read

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >GNU/Linux questions?
Programming questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: 80.png (750x750, 849K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bing.com/search?q=how often do google spiders crawl a site
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/7/2/17528076/samsung-phones-text-rcs-update-messages
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's both
FBI have an official partnership with Jow Forums
But their methods are primitive. They do it manually and play catchup after events, struggling to piece clues together.

NSA/Israel do it without permission and automatically, using OS and hardware backdoors. They're not doing it manually like FBI peasants trying to match things up.
They're doing it automatically in real time. All very advanced AI. They can see it happening before it even happens because every post is linked to an IRL identity by default and their computers highlight profiles of interest for an actual human to look at if there's a remote risk of anything.

NSA laughs at FBI.
This post is now going into my profile, augmenting all the number ratings slightly.

duplicate post blah blah blah

Youv'e seen to many die hard movies friend.

wtf why are we posting here then?

Is this shit salvageable by upgrading the memory/video card?
What can I do with it?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-30_19-28-17.png (316x48, 7K)

because they're in everything, you can't escape

being redpilled by itself isn't enough to get vanned (yet).
only if it looks like you're gonna get active in meatspace do they get ready for 'countermeasures' against you.
if all you do is shitpost here then you're fine for now.
Sure they know about you, and have a deep psych profile updated/augmented with every post you make here, every other thing you do electronically, and all other IRL data like movements and relationships.

But if all you do is shitpost then you're fine. For now.

No,

If you're only shitposting here you're fucked. You should have a comprehensive shitposting presence on multiple platforms

Fuck off weebtard faggot cuck.

based and redpilled

any free vpns that work on linux (too poor to afford a good one.

If I move urxvt to my other monitor it erases some of the previous lines. Xfce4-terminal doesn't do this. Any thoughts?

anime website

Attached: profile picture.png (500x129, 50K)

I need to rip an audiobook off of Audible for use in a classroom environment, since AudiobookBay doesn't have it.

Recommendations on what to do without giving my computer aids?

Attached: 21MjMFj7JAL._QL70_.jpg (320x320, 5K)

How does Signal work so that it isn't vulnerable to a secret warrant demanding keys from the developers?

It's pretty much guaranteed that any comms company in the Five Eyes is compromised but only one, Lavabit, has closed down because of it. In the Lavabit case the feds came knocking and demanded secret access to encryption keys.

Where the fuck do I get the android sdk from? I installed android studio installer and it didn't come with the sdk, there's no android folder at user/username/app data/local, the download link inside android studio is out of date and links to the page to get the android studio installer without the sdk, and the only stack overflow answers are the ones I tried or the ones calling the asker a fucking retard

Attached: 1508525022699.gif (462x500, 191K)

Hey guys, I'm going into IT. I'm going to be a software tester. I am not sure which sector to go into. I have plans of starting a tech company in less than a year from getting my first job. Which is the best sector to go into if I'm going this route?

anime website, friend
no, but chances are eventually you will want to move up, and then you wil have sunk money into this 480p one that you could have contributed towards a more future proof one.

Open android studio and install the sdk you want,also the ndk too.

>anime website

Attached: 1384568011879.gif (500x263, 530K)

stop posting anime on frog website, dumb animeposters

Attached: slps.jpg (680x540, 32K)

My girlfriend is so cute

no u

Attached: 1440978902385.jpg (260x435, 22K)

I tried that, I selected android 8.0.0 and AS wouldn't let me download it because my sdk was "corrupted or not found"

cartoon frog is anime

I cant reproduce. I just disabled and redownloaded 8/8.1/9 from googles servers and they downloaded and installed

Attached: 2018-09-30-211412_800x674_escrotum.png (800x674, 54K)

Stop using compositors.

is irc worth it
how can i get into it, and why should i?

I want to fug audrey

Attached: best-girl.jpg (2400x1800, 1.1M)

>Ironically using animefags as a frogdate for posting sexualized loli

Attached: 1530854447397.jpg (310x326, 11K)

I wish I had a gf like that.

Guess I'll give up, still not letting me download any version and I can't find any available online to dl

Its all handled withint as though...
Have you updated the client recently?
You dont need external downloads, it handles everything within android studio

I have the latest ViolentMonkey and Jow Forums X but it's not working at all right now. Anyone else with this problem?

>how can I get into it
Google "[my favorite topic or subject] irc channel"
>why should I
It lets you discuss your favorite topic or subject with people who share your favorite topic.

I downloaded the most recent AS, got a pop up asking for the SDK directory, couldn't find it anywhere, went searching online, it wasn't in any of the places that were being cited, I tried getting it through AS itself and got another popup stopping me from downloading any version because my SDK is corrupted or couldn't be located, I reinstalled twice, and the same thing each time. It won't let me download an SDK because I apparently already need a path to the SDK for AS to function, so I give up

Find out where your distro keeps it(try /opt/) and point it there. Or make a new folder for it and install it there if you're missing a folder.

This sort of thing happens even to experienced programmers. Try searching stackoverflow citing the precise errors. If you don't find the solution post a new question. Also it's not enough to say "most recent AS". Link to the dl page. Tell us (or stackoverflow) which OS.

Whats the best framework for crossplatform mobile apps?

If I have a huge amount of torrents and connections, it will help to my main router adding a second one? This second one will do all the job while the 1st only will forward traffic. Am I wrong?

there are some cheap, shitty "home gateway" routers that will shit themselves if you torrent, especially if you torrent intensively. The solution to this is not to augment that shit router, but to throw it in the garbage and replace it.

Should I upgrade my windows 95 desktop? It's been running for over 20 years and all i do with it is turn it on, wait for desktop, and then shut it back down by pulling the cable before it can show the final "it is now safe to turn off your computer" splash screen.

Lets say that one is my ISPs and I have a good ASUS router I used to use behind it. It will improve something?

Where can I download the MTP driver for Windows7?
In device manager, when I click on my phone, and select update driver, it just tells me I have the most up to date one. Shit doesn't work though, I can't access it.
I can see it in Devices and Printers, and it has the 'warning triangle' thing. Clicking troubleshoot, it just 're-installs' the driver, which finishes with a message saying 'MTP USB Driver has a problem, Not Fixed'

Sry for being a mobilefag for this post, but what the hell are these party hats doing in my clover app?

Attached: 20181001_040739.jpg (1440x2880, 994K)

>being this new

Every time I reset my router, it release the IP, it do anything to try and refresh my IP, I always get the same fucking address.
What's up with that?

Bumpa

lurk for two years before posting

Why are you still using a winblowz phone?
You must be a dedicated winfag.

Who is the artist of the cute girl?

Your IP is associated with your MAC address so unless it changes you will get the same IP until your ISP decides the lease is up. Many routers have a feature called "MAC address cloning" or similar which allows you to spoof the MAC address and thus obtain a new IP upon a DHCP renew. Check your router settings.

Kinda hard to make out your post but I'm guessing you're asking why you get the same public IP. Usually your ISP creates an entry for your device's MAC address and assigns the public IP there. You can try calling them to request a new IP.

>Many routers have a feature called "MAC address cloning" or similar which allows you to spoof the MAC address and thus obtain a new IP upon a DHCP renew.
Worth trying but I think nowadays the ISP only assigns an IP to known devices. That's why you need to call them to get it working with a new modem or spoof it to the older modem's MAC.

>modem
kek I forget people still use these

No.

Fiber isn't exactly easy to deploy which is why Verizon and Google decided it wasn't worth it. One of the use cases for 5G (meme technology btw) was to avoid pulling fiber to people's homes.

Read the rules, faggot.

What cable do I need to make this video card work with this power supply? The power supply in question is stupid modular type and didn't come with all of the cords. Do I need one that will fit in the VGA port of the PSU? Because that is 8-pin whereas the connection on the GPU is 6-pin.

Attached: halp.png (1200x1200, 1.96M)

Would this setup work?

Attached: bluetooth headphone from pc to phone.jpg (922x420, 52K)

VGA 8 pin has the option of not connecting the final two pins on the gpu end.

Oh shit you are right, totally forgot about that. Alright, thanks for the info. Now to find a cheap cord.

what this guy said;
Should look like this.

Attached: ANTPCIE-04-2.jpg (1000x750, 92K)

Thank you user.

I don't live in 'murica

maybe get a 3.5mm bluetooth receiver for like 15 bucks and skip the phone.

Attached: FearLoathing.gif (500x280, 175K)

Anyone using OpenWRT with dnscrypt-proxy 2? How do I get adblocking working with it? I added blacklist_file = '/tmp/adb_list.overall' and log file says "Loading the set of blocking rules from [/tmp/adb_list.overall]" but it's not blocking anything.

I'm going to need a male-to-male cable for this, right?

I know it works if I buy a receiver, but this is what I have right now. Currently all I can do is connect the smartphone to the bluetooth network, not as a audio device.

does radeon gpu play nicer with amd system than nvidia or does it not matter?

so I might need to use discord but don't trust it
snap vs flatpak which is better for sandboxing?
or would it be better to use a sandboxed browser via snap or flatpak and web version instead?

how do i get one of those well paying programming jobs? i-is it too late for me?

>tfw 33 year old khv
>make 5 figures per year in accounting
>can't afford anything
>know a bit of python
what do?

Attached: 1528131829452.jpg (1080x1344, 117K)

>accountant
>can't budget

not him, but please beware that not all power supply cables have the same pinout across brands and even product series. If you connect a non-compatible cable (even though it physically fits in your PSU, it might do dumb)

i need to temporarily disconnect a storage SSD from my computer. Can I get by with only disconnecting the Sata DATA cable or do I have to disconnect the sata POWER cable aswell?

Looking at pinout diagrams, there seems to be no power deliveries on the Sata DATA cables

How does Google image search work? Specifically, what needs to happen for an image to show up in a google image search? How would I make sure an image showed up in a google image search?

Is there any way for me to modify an android game so that it doesn't check for the installed expansion when loading saves?
Basically it's like this
>main game is its own app (The Quest by Redshift)
>expansions are downloaded separately, and then can be installed into the main app
>due to google's 15 minute refund policy, the expansion has to stay installed on the phone so that people aren't getting all the expansions for free
>I don't want to clutter up my phone with a dozen expansion apps
If I go to an expansion area with the expansion app installed, then uninstall the expansion and try loading the save it doesn't let me. Can I stop it checking for the installation somehow? Unsure if this is even the right thread but I thought it would be worth a shot since it's a pretty stupid question

Attached: 0b3.png (233x261, 84K)

You can disconnect the data cable, but you need hot swapping enabled in the BIOS.

It needs to have been indexed by one of their spiders.

how do I clear/prevent my mp3 music from grabbing random fucking images as album cover art?

most of my mp3 collection has the Nickelback - This is How you Remind Me album cover art even though there is zero .jpg in my mp3 folder

one song even grabbed an image from my downloads folder on a different drive

can i permanently purge this shit or at least hardcode an innocent image onto my music collection? This happens on android/windows10 and on both VLC/Android default player and MPC-BE

Attached: 2018-10-01 06_29_39.png (797x382, 107K)

>It needs to have been indexed by one of their spiders.
How long does that take? Are there any specific conditions that need to be met before it gets indexed?

bing.com/search?q=how often do google spiders crawl a site

Hmm ok I will have to research a bit more before I buy one then. Luckily I have onboard and I'm not using it to play games so it's ok for now without the GPU in there.

Well lads, I think at least until I can upgrade, my mouse situation is finally at peace... For the most part. It isn't 100% perfect, but now I can play games without the mouse camera making me want to tear my eyes out. The angle snapping type problem is still noticeable in some games, but I can endure now.

Thank you all so much for your help over my quest to get my mouse to stop being so fucky...

Attached: p8f7zdz5swznk0ly6v2n.jpg (1280x720, 184K)

>VPN services cost like $100 up front, per month fees are so ridiculous there's no point in trying a VPN on a monthly basis
>try to find feedback on them because that's a significant sum of money to shell out
>anything that isn't a review is completely negative, but incredibly obscure to the point it could literally just be a shitpost/unpaid intern
Are VPNs still some fucking obscure thing?

is there an app to stream live TV on my phone off the internet?
particularly interested in browsing foreign channels, so don't want BBC iPlayer or anything.

Youtube

My Samsung s5 died today so I hurried to the att store and ended up walking out of there with a note 9.

Here is my stupid question. How great is this device?

Since this was unexpected, I hadn't had time to look into specs and know what I was getting. So...did I do good?

Does anyone know any programs that allow you to extract the contents from an itunes backup?

How do I force noscript captcha like 4chanx without installing 4chanx?

someone plz

It will be a fine phone but you got goyed hard

make sure you don't have any dick pics laying around in your camera folders

theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/7/2/17528076/samsung-phones-text-rcs-update-messages

where do I find gl.h on Ubuntu?

Luckily all my contacts were wiped out too.

What's a good small mic that I can velcro dot to my headphones AND exists on amazon? I'd buy the cheap shit, pic related, from China if I weren't in a rush and I can't find anything exactly like it within two-day shipping range. I don't care about sound output at all, just form-factor.

Attached: sku_2631_5[1].jpg (600x600, 28K)

whats a good TTS library or command line application? i need it for a program to assist with chinese language learning (though I'd like to make it support other languages too)

Is it possible for your cooling to be too good? As in, could your internals become so cold from cooling that it actually begins to negatively affect performance? What would it take?

Attached: 1512602380985.png (1200x675, 1.21M)

Is there a point in buying an authentic Windows and Office key for my job? Am I ever getting checked?

Normally I wouldn't spoonfeed like this but reverse search doesn't seem to help.
Murata Renji.

Attached: 96eedc34d4b9e933a8940b592391866c.jpg (2552x3638, 2.9M)

Is there a Scheme SRFI which defines common procedure functions like flip, curry curryr, etc?
Or am I supposed to implement these in my rc file for my implementation