Why do people write fizzbuzz in Python instead of Ruby?

Why do people write fizzbuzz in Python instead of Ruby?

Attached: python-ruby-golang.png (299x267, 28K)

Because Ruby is a dead language.

Because ruby is for japs and mac faggots.

Python is for everyone.

Isn't Ruby frequently used on web frameworks? And isn't Python's whole 2x vs 3x library conflicts offputting?

Ruby is better than Python.

Because anyone who's anyone has abandoned Ruby because of it's SJW infection. Pic related.

Attached: tranny.jpg (797x400, 44K)

Ruby is made by based japs. Automatically that deflects SJWs
And Python had the whole master slave debacle too

Ruby on rails is only popular among mac users. Other than that it's popular in Japan.

It's definitely a clean language to work in, but there's no reason to learn it over Python when Python is first class for bindings/utilities.

It can be better and still deader

It's made by a literal mormon nip
And no, the language is infested with Klossy and Coraline Ada.
Python is shit and has its own problems. But it is more versatile so it is better.
Ruby was literally only useful for web dev. Why use it over PHP or Perl? Or if you are trying to be modern and concurrent in web dev, why use it over Go or Elixir?

Matz is based because he chided that SJW were infecting Ruby on twitter and it triggered Coraline.

You know Matz shot down their suggested CoC, and replaced it with a much looser one, and that moron Emke whined they shouldnt be allowed to call it a code of conduct, because it want strict enough.

>2x vs 3x library conflicts
never had an issue desu, but python has a whole bundle of other problems

>Why use it over PHP
because PHP is fucking garbage

This is the full code (also Emke consistently violated the third part)

Participants will be tolerant of opposing views.

Participants must ensure that their language and actions are free of personal attacks and disparaging personal remarks.

When interpreting the words and actions of others, participants should always assume good intentions.

Behaviour which can be reasonably considered harassment will not be tolerated.

Language wise Ruby is only marginally better and the primary implementation is much worse.

That sounds quite reasonable. Can we just get rid of all the looney people? They are making it hard to coexist.

lua >>>>>>>>>>>> ruby = python
ruby is like python's brother who has a different but still severe learning disability

lua on the other hand is fast, easy to extend and embed, with curly braces

Attached: ZenOfRuby.png (1000x500, 643K)

Perl is better

Ruby is amazing, it's how Python should have been designed in the first place.

Nevertheless Python is not that bad and has more fields where you can use it. Ruby is Rails. When you are looking for Ruby Jobs it's 95% Rails, while Python can be DataScience, web design or scripting.

But I'd highly recommend to learn both. The overlap is huge. In fact, Ruby is way essier to learn, becausebit's way more consistent. When I write Python I need to remeber if you have to wrap something in a function or call a method at the object or call a method at a different object.
In Ruby it's one rule: call something at the object:

a = "the dog and the cat".split
a = a.join
a.each.with_index(|l, i|) { p i + l }

This is easier to remeber and smoother than the python version, because unified syntax, better defaults and more out of the box things (i.e. autocasting works better). And many other things.

The only things that are better in python are first class functions (ruby has procs, which fit better to OOP, but for me I like first class functions), namespaces and decorators.

Both are good languages, I like Ruby because it has the slickest syntax ever and I use Rails for web stuff. Python is cool for scripting, data stuff and such things.

Peace out.

the problem with ruby is really just the VM. mormon nip man can't do things fast, it's less about SJWs than overlapping on hipsters using actual dead unusable language (that is very comfy)

Ruby is not dead and a much faster version is announced.

The problem are in fact the hipsters and "code witches". Ruby as a language is great, but the community is the reason I use Python theses days.

>pythonlets can't into TIMTOWTDI

They prefer zero ways to do things to multiple ways. Neither is correct but timtoady = comfy.

>When I write Python I need to remeber if you have to wrap something in a function or call a method at the object or call a method at a different object.
I never understood this in Python.

In Ruby, foo.length
In Python, len(foo)

But what is extra retarded is that len(foo) is just an alias for foo.__len__(), so it's just a disguised method call anyway.

I'm not sure why Python developers do this other than to pretend they're using a procedural language.

cause .length and .len stuff are user definable.

not an argument

theres nothing wrong with calling __len__ so just do that

it looks stupid and it's not even a property but a method

why would you even want it to be a property, its going to be a method under the hood anyway.

for convenience of course