I refuse to use a singular character to indent because some faggot style guide told me it's better to use four

>I refuse to use a singular character to indent because some faggot style guide told me it's better to use four

Attached: 1510518132114.jpg (230x368, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/us/blog/pristine-inner-experience/201110/not-everyone-conducts-inner-speech
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

but user I already use tab

Oh, shit. I fell for the meme back then, dunno even what were the reasons give for preferring spaces. Maybe because I started programming with python.

>I'm retarded and use different coding styles just to shit up the code base and likely get denied anyway.

>open your file
>:retab

Attached: 1530166443780.jpg (240x285, 91K)

>coding for other people
>conforming to their objectively retarded practices
peak cuck

Attached: 1538060835366.jpg (250x250, 10K)

>arguing about whitespace
it seems you don't program on the objectively superior Perl

Which faggot style guide do you follow?

>write-only language

Because tab character could change depending on the interpreter vs space is almost universal.

what we need is enough people to start doing it one way and then lead by example until it's standard practice to oh wait

you mean depending on the editor? so? isn't it a plus that everybody can change it according to their preferences? or are we writing code for literal retards here?

That's the reason for preferring tabs though. Because fuck your arguments over 1 space or 2 space or 4 space indentation, a tab is a tab and you configure your editor to make a tab be as wide as you fucking want.

But that's a good thing.

is talking about soft-tab faggotry where editors ignore that you pressed Tab and replace it with spaces
One editor might replace it with 4 spaces, another might replace it with 2.

Always use hard tabs, actual tab characters, that's where you can change the visual width without fucking up indentation

Because it breaks when you need text to line up with the line above. Some have tabs be 2, 4, 8 spaces its impossible to have two lines consistently line up with tabs.

Example
call_function(arg1,
arg2,
arg3,

its impossible to use tabs here and have it line up.

who in the fuck prefers 1 space or 2 spaces what kind of retarded nigger cattle do you hve to be to prefer 1 spaces or 2 spaces just use 4 spaces or a fucking tab

>spaces use up 4 characters
>tab use up 1 character
>therefore it takes my compiler longer to tokenize the, wasting time.

told you

Maybe because you're retarded.
call_function(
arg1.
arg2.
arg3
);

You could do that, but you're imposing a limitation of starting the arguments on the next line. Spaces allow you to format your code however you like, and not have to worry about it breaking due to tabs.

And then when you're refactoring and change a function name, you have to manually reformat all your functions. Sounds like fun.

>I refuse to use a four characters to indent because some faggot style guide told me it's better to use one

Technically tabs don't have to line up with space in non-monospace fonts. Technically, I don't give a shit about how you indent your code as long as you're consistent.

People who need their code just right can run it through a pretty printer and be done with it.

lrn2monospace.ttf

Common sense isn't a style guide

What is this new wojak thing?
Where's it come from?

Tabs are better because everyone can configure it to look as they want.
80 character limit is retarded. Use 120.
After a non-tab character, any further indentation should be spaces.
Then you can format your comments and people will see the same thing.
My superior tactics nuke all of yours.

simulation theory meme about most people being NPCs

Attached: 1529011319774.png (1280x640, 566K)

Why the fuck would you have arg1 on the same line as the function name and the rest of the args on their own line? Jesus

psychologytoday.com/us/blog/pristine-inner-experience/201110/not-everyone-conducts-inner-speech
this article
it claims some people do not conduct inner speech, it's a little bit of a questionable conclusion given the study format, they randomly had a buzzer or something go off and were told to describe their inner experience at that time. So they may conduct some inner speech, just not when the buzzer went off.
It still implies that some people have minimal inner speech which is pretty strange. not to mention that there's was probably some selection bias
it's still a fun meme though

Attached: 1536450323396.jpg (938x974, 81K)

Its been spammed to death by /v/

M8 that's not real!
Can't be!
How the fuck do their minds even work then.
Could you even define them as conscious?

> faggotry where editors

I read that 'redditors' for some reason

because you are O B S E S S E D

You should learn the difference between indentation and alignment..

And the "mantra" always was: tabs for indentation, spaces for alignment

>being proud of being a worthless NEET.

A true NPC

>know how to program
>make programs for somebody else to sell

Attached: 1522831480156.jpg (720x720, 66K)

>i can't reconfigure my editor to do whichever is required by the code of conduct
lol