Anyone here in school for computer science? I'm looking for advice on how to get through it...

Anyone here in school for computer science? I'm looking for advice on how to get through it. I'm growing to hate it more and more as time passes on. I'm particularly getting sick of being in class rooms with people who obviously and very clearly have no actual interest in computer science. When do these assholes start to get weeded the fuck out? I'm a sophomore and it's still the same. Other than that I'm just generally sick of the grind of being in college. I don't even feel like I'm doing enough to actually "learn" programming, and most of my time is being spent on my math and science courses. Is this normal?

Attached: aesthetic-ariana-ariana-grande-cute-Favim.com-3122030.jpg (593x640, 120K)

Bump

pretty normal, in my experience. Majority of my coursework is math with the exception of my minor and the programming.

If you are a gamer, just drop out and do drugs until you either fuck your life up or have a realisation that you need to read text books and actively study 5 days a week to be proficient. You arent special, everyone there has the same 'interest' in CS that you do, and by that you're a mediocre cunt. Just study at home if you can't be fucked going to Uni classes. If you arent invigorated by the technical aspects, just fucking change courses or do Gayme design or some shit.

How far along are you? Does it get better?
There is some serious projection you got going on here, friend

Yes, I deferred and did drugs for 2 years until I fried my young retard dopamine receptors and quit gaming and other useless shit and graduated with dece gpa and job out of the gate

And no I am not a "gamer"

bump

I'm a networks/cybersecurity student and all the people left (same with all the other computer science course) after they failed their tests at the end of the first year.

There isn't really anyone on the course who gives a massive fuck about what they're doing.

I had a 4.0 from UCSC and an internship my senior year.
It's impossible to find a C++ programming job and I know all of the puce/chartreuse trees and bogosorts.
Turn back now.

>4.0
>Computer Science
No, you didn't

Fuck you kike nigger

Nice larp kid

Congrats you're a wageslave for the rest of your life now

Yes I did. It's not that tough if you don't have a life. I had a few lucky breaks with professors (i.e. not getting Allen).

Why did you even aim for that? I can't possibly imagine pulling a 4.0 in CS is even slightly worth all the hassle and work you'd have to put into it.

Maybe you should go back to sucking cia nigger cock bitch

>being this underaged
Does your mom know you're using her computer past your bedtime to shitpost on Jow Forums?

I thought it would help me get a job. Maybe half of my in-class friends who graduated with me this year still don't have jobs.
There are a massive number of perfectly skilled people who want to be programmers and the jobs just aren't there. I should have studied electrical engineering.

Fuck you nigger

Attached: 1536128685145.webm (800x600, 1.92M)

Maybe you should move?

This

Is it full of babes

Dude wtf

what if im addicted to Jow Forums

Is that terry?

glad this useless faggot is dead

This is a blue board you fuck

Is that how goycumsized faggots jerk off? lmao pathetic

no. there were 2 women and they both left + they weren't exactly attractive (like most of the guys there honestly). a few slags on the other courses, but no tomoko kuroki tier cuties like I'd hoped.

Theres been like 3 decent looking girls since ive got past the weed out classes. It makes me sad when i walk by the business or teacher buildings and see all the babes.

Did he become a cam girl type deal or what

Are you me?

>I should have studied electrical engineering.
Grass is always greener. I graduated ee, and there's waaayyy more jobs for programming where I am.
>people actually admired this schizo

Your resume must be shit. I graduated from a no-name college with a 3.88 and companies were begging me to work for them.

Was ee a meme degree like everyone on here says?

Why do you care what a bhutanese basket-weaving forum says about technology degrees? The majority of people on here are either failing students or unemployed losers.

Take it from an employed professional, EE is a fine degree. If you have a good GPA and a good resume, you can make $75K+ right out of college. Same with CS.

I thought most the people on here were pros in the field

>I thought most the people on here were pros in the field
oh sweety...

What

Woman here. I have been working as a software engineer for ten years now. I have worked on game engines, machine learning, data science, pretty much anything fun.

There’s a push because it honestly is a lot harder grtting into tech as a woman. There’s all these weird hoops like I have to be “one of the guys” to fit in and any sign of femininity is taken as a weakness. For example, most women who have worked in nonfrontend programming I’ve seen over the years avoid makeup or use minimal. They also speek like an octave deeper around teammates than around me. Most women just weren’t encouraged like a lot of men are to get into tech when they do show an interest. I know like some men I had to fight tooth and nail to get where I am today—there’s a disparity here with how accessible tech is made to men vs women. Heck, even on IRC most of the women I know on freenode and the like go to great lengths to conceal the fact that they’re women because people will automatically treat them with less respect.

I have a trans woman friend who confirmed what she experienced as a male in tech and what she experiences passing as a woman in tech. Its very interesting how insecure or jusf plain shitty men get about women doing intellectual things, almost as if it threatens some of them.

All in all I’ve worked with mostly pleasant people but its stupid to pretend this reality doesnt exist and that women have less opportunity to succeed in tech than men om average.

Like my male friend who I just taught to code just got a high paying job which took me years ro get to that point when i was on my own.

Yes there are womens reachout orgs that help women get into tech, but the reason they exist is because texh is currently an extremely masculine space. I know that sounds absurd but if uve ever worked with a mostly female team vs a mostly male team ull notice differences. I wish tech to be more accessible and pleasant for all.

Fuck off

>woman here

bs detected, stopped reading

Insufferable incel bigot fuck

Grow up sweet heart, this is a womans world

I'm pretty sure "CS/EE is a meme" has itself become something of a meme. It gets reinforced by stories about some user with exceptional credentials being unable to find a job, such as this guy . Being that this is an anonymous Namibian duck fetishists forum, you should always take these stories with a grain of salt. You should take Jow Forums's advice on his matter as seriously as Jow Forums's recommendation to "install gentoo" to fix any conceivable computer problem, i.e. not seriously at all..

Attached: 2346092082342603480.png (1289x305, 106K)

I swear every time this pasta is posted, there are more newlines.

It's funny he says 75k+, because I make 75k. I just graduated, took me about 5 months to find a job.

I was going to say. It looked a bit different this time, I had to re-read parts of it just to make sure it was the same as always.

The big tip-off is that most real women in CS which I've spoken to (not trannies or klossies) either realise that it's not much different to how the men around them experience it, or they complain about the same shit which any man would complain about (if we complained about the same shit).