Feelsbadman

gamersnexus.net/industry/3368-manufacturers-on-tariff-impact-to-pc-prices

Feelsbadman

25% by next year on most components passed on to the consumer.

Attached: trump-vs-china-780x439.jpg (780x439, 280K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2013/9/11/4717796/made-in-america-a-look-inside-motorolas-moto-x-factory
bloomberg.com/news/videos/2018-09-08/tariffs-to-make-apple-products-cost-more-video
scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/2165289/lacklustre-sales-new-model-iphones-some-hong-kong-scalpers-offering
apple.com/supplier-responsibility/pdf/Apple-Supplier-List.pdf
reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy/u-s-factory-activity-hits-14-year-high-supply-constraints-rising-idUSKCN1LK1SV
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belt_and_Road_Initiative
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>gamers have to pay more for their toys
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *gasps HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: reaction image.jpg (324x291, 15K)

>Gamers
Aside from the fact that you're ,some gamer virgin too, this impacts prices for everyone retard. Not a problem for people like yourself that just leech of their parents

You reap what you sow.

I'm entirely unsympathetic. I built my PC pre-Trump and I'm not anticipating needing to upgrade until he's out of office so I'm good.

Jow Forums will defend this

That is pretty good reporting to get official statements from so many companies.

>he doesn't want to spend a few dollars more to get the US off China's production superiority
Boo hoo paying workers liveable wages is such a crime against humanity amirite? You slavedrivers make me sick.

Attached: 1532343735224.jpg (618x720, 74K)

>tfw my country has no trade war with china
feels good man

Attached: 1473723659706.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

the problem is that trump, and Jow Forumstards are fucking retarded. they think this trade war is winnable, when in fact these chinese tarriffs affect middle class. the economy is going to slow down dramatically in the coming months as a result of all this

But paying more doesn't fix it. Motorola tried this remember?
theverge.com/2013/9/11/4717796/made-in-america-a-look-inside-motorolas-moto-x-factory
It ended up killing them and they sold off to a Chinese company anyway.

GN has a lot of goodwill with companies because they spend a lot of time going over technical and behind the scenes material. They just aren't *grunt* this good this bad typical reviewers.

Good. People should spend less time playing video games and start contribute their productivity to the US economy.

But productivity components are gonna cost more too...

You still bear some of the burden, read the article
>Nearly every computer component is affected in North America, and those prices can reach outward to other regions as companies try to stabilize for a downtrend in overall revenue.

People don't need GPU to be productive. GPU is exclusively a gaymer thing.

Imma start a PC component smuggling ring. I'll sell CPUs, GPUs, RAM, and more at below market rates and make a fortune.

Any spics here with drug smuggling experience? What are your preferred methods for not getting caught?

>comparing a company to a country
Of course it doesn't work when you still have cheaper non-tariffed wares to choose from.

Seems like this opens up the opportunity for a business that manufacturers computer parts inside the US. Wow, such a radical idea.

>feels good man
You had to pay retarded prices to begin with though.

Will this make Apple products even more expensive?

Attached: 1525831966684.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

>already bought my 6c12t CPU that will last another 5-6 years

Thank god for dead Gamers.

Every other part of a PC is also a component that will be affected.

As is aluminum, steel, timber and a number of other ways Trump is shooting the rest of us in the foot.

>implying my fully upgraded ThinkPad won't last me until long after this trade war is over

Attached: xi truth.webm (1280x720, 1.05M)

bloomberg.com/news/videos/2018-09-08/tariffs-to-make-apple-products-cost-more-video

>Chinese products only

who cares

Anything of value comes from Taiwan, Japan, Koreas, etc.

no one uses PC anymore anyways.

Sent from my iPhone

Some chinks did this with iPhones when China wasn't a first wave release country, by buying iPhones in HK and then smuggles into mainland China. Though that had come to an end
scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/2165289/lacklustre-sales-new-model-iphones-some-hong-kong-scalpers-offering

Taiwan, Japan, and Korea don't have the output to support the whole industry without China. Look at EVGA's response.

There are virtually no consumer electronics that are not at least partially manufactured in China.

Cunt eyed cockroach (not you)

This could change now.

Take a look at the chips on your motherboard and shit. None of them will say China.

Good luck moving the entire supply chain
apple.com/supplier-responsibility/pdf/Apple-Supplier-List.pdf

There's no reason to keep buying hardware in the modern age unless you're gaming or performing some algorithm heavy tasks continuously.

There's a few communist backed guerrillas who could be used to prove otherwise.

>I only need raw chips to run my computer and nothing else

OR... instead of that how about we illegally smuggle Chinese made electronics into the US and bypass the tariff altogether?

Why would it change because one country has a problem with China? Just charge Americans more and business will go as usual.

>Good luck moving the entire supply chain
Unironically the poos could handle, and benefit from moving the supply chain. China can, and will easily be replaced.
China didn't make itself the manufacturing powerhouse that it is.

>how does sub contracting, base components, and raw materials work

a lot of shit says made in X. that can just mean it was assembled there.

Time for you to cough up the money required then.

This. It's not like we have a choice of buying stuff somewhere else. Plus creating infrastructure to make electronics is expensive. Much easier to bump the price up and even though people will be pissed off it won't matter because they won't have any better options and they'll buy it anyway.

So what is Trump doing with the Tariff money?

>instead of that how about we illegally smuggle
You don't really need to "smuggle" illegally. Grey market is/has been a thing mr quads, but at the end of the day manufactureers are still just going to manufacture products elsewhere.

because its not a VAT or sales tax. If it enters US jurisdiction, even for logistical purposes you pay the fine.

This. Is there even anything gaming wise that pushed hardware that isnt some triple AAA diversity showing that basically an interactive movie on rails or in an open world because modern devs are too lazy to make any actually game objectives that are novel or new.

>Why would it change because one country has a problem with China?
Because hat one country just happens to be the US.

Attached: 636684563077187456-bxx-jump-0718.jpg (534x401, 26K)

making america great again

yeah but doing it illegally is more exciting

>reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy/u-s-factory-activity-hits-14-year-high-supply-constraints-rising-idUSKCN1LK1SV
Putting it into US manufacturing.

Its still not done too, right now, the 14 year high is at pause for the supply tariffs. It will increase even further once the tariffs are put in place.

It is winnable you fucking retard. China is weak economically and can not take the IMF bank we hold over them.
>Mah Middle Class
It effects everyone but it's a temporary war which China will concede to eventually.
>the economy is going to slow down dramatically in the coming months as a result of all this
Not true we lowered the tax rate from 25 to 13 percent and had certain reforms which allow businesses to keep going.

Prepare your anus

>Time for you to cough up the money required then.
India has been making it easier for manufacturers to choose them. They have the manpower, and their government is working on improving start up, and operating costs for foreigners.

>There's a few communist backed guerrillas who could be used to prove otherwise.
They're not getting their grubby hands on my Thinkpad!

>“With export orders now waning as a result of the dollar’s rapid appreciation over the past few months, we still think that growth in the factory sector will slow in the coming quarters.
>The ISM described demand as remaining “robust,” but cautioned that “the nation’s employment resources and supply chains continue to struggle.” According to the ISM, survey respondents were “again overwhelmingly concerned about tariff-related activity, including how reciprocal tariffs will impact company revenue and current manufacturing locations.”
>It said tariffs were exacerbating supply shortages and also driving prices higher. Almost two-thirds of companies surveyed reporting higher input prices explicitly blamed tariffs for the increased costs, Markit said.

Seems like Trump's little game and China's responses are actually slowing this growth. He would have been better off doing nothing.

The middle class has been shrinking for decades because China has been eating all the middle class jobs. Aka the manufacturing sites.

Trump's tariffs, while extreme, is something that the west needed to survive against Chinese push.

Its at 14 year high. The guys are predicting it may slow due in short term due to price fluctuations. But given the robustness of the demand, higher prices will simply mean more sustainable manufacturing industry. Especially since they will now have more options.

>They're not getting their grubby hands on my Thinkpad!
Sorry. Response was meant for the webm.

Supporting USA made wouldn't be so hard if the damn wages went up. 10 trillion back into our economy. Factories still dont want to pay more than 14-16 dollars an hour.

Factories still have to compete with Chinese shits. However with tariffs, this will probably create a chain reaction where US could probably open more factories and thus economics of scale will make US products more competitive and drive up the profit to everyday workers' pockets.

>USA made
The only way that this would be sustainable is with complete automation. The US doesn't have the unskilled manpower.

exactly you idiot. chinese tariffs don't do anything to china - people who buy chinese shit (aka middle class) have to pay for these tarriffs

Better hope nothing in your computer blows up soon, Jow Forums.

Attached: 1451210676007.jpg (1000x875, 119K)

>pay $5000 less in income taxes every year
>have to pay $100 more when I buy a GPU
What a great deal. Thanks Trump.

>chinese tariffs don't do anything to china
Are you stupid?

who pays extra on chinese products?

protip: US isn't china's only market

Price increase reduces the money going into China you retard. That's a huge negative for China. China takes in ~500 Billion dollars. It spends $120 billion.

Trump just needs to do something about the USPS ePacket bullshit. This will further save the local e-economy from China and reduce the local shipping cost across US.

So let's say the war against China works. Companies miracously eat the cost to move entire pipelines to Vietnam, India, etc. How does this help America? Is Trump just gonna go around slapping tariffs on all countries and getting more retaliatory tariffs slapped on us?

Wages going up on it's own isn't gonna do anything except lead to inflation. What you need is wages increasing at the expense of profit margin. What companies need to do is pay more on average while NOT increasing prices of their goods and services in order to offset the additional payroll costs. Obviously this means they make less money but it lowers the wealth gap and helps facilitate a stronger middle class. Of course you walk into a fortune 500 company and suggest doing this at the shareholders meeting you'll be laughed out of the room. No executive is going to sacrifice company profits to pay labor more and receive no tangible benefit for the company in return. You can try and force it with legislation but it'll be heavily resisted. You aren't getting paid more. Ever.

Don't be so sure the next president will bow to China so readily.

But US is China's $500 billion dollar export market. US is the largest export partner to China. The second largest is export partner to China is half as much as the US market.

you literally don't understand economics. you can't just slap a tariff and expect people to start buying american. that's not how it works.

chinese goods will find another buyer. supply creates its own demand is the oldest law of economics

meanwhile, think again about who actually pays for these tariffs

You just described dismantling a monopoly. Removing monopolies reduces prices by increasing competition.

India is potentially a US ally, if nothing else a neutral power. Same as Vietnam.

China is a potential hostile power. US giving money to China only builds up Chinese power. US giving money to India/Vietnam reduces China's power power by two folds. First by not giving money to China. Second by building up a regional power to keep China in check. India/Vietnam has beef with China. Both of these countries are potential US allies.

There's only one country on earth that has the potential to threaten the US hegemony. That is China. Reagan was stupid to give China access to US scientific library/patents. He thought making China rich would make them into a democratic/liberal nation. Turns out he was dead wrong. It made them more authoritarian. Now you have to reverse this course or atleast delay it with that knowledge in mind. Otherwise, we'll have a communist power bloc that will surpass the US in 20-30 years.

>who pays extra on chinese products?
Not me.
>protip: US isn't china's only market
Protip: China isn't the only country of large scale manufacturing, and China is only a manufacturing powerhouse today, because of American companies.
Sidestepping to India, Vietnam, and other countries isn't hard, and could be extremely beneficial for the entire world sans China.

Its true that China can find other buyers, this is why they're trying to pop up the African nations. The Chinese need a stable export market for future that is outside the reach of American influence. If right now, US tariff works out and Americans don't buy Chinese, US consumers turn to American/Japanese/SK market. Chinese export turn to whom? Africans? They aren't ready for atleast another 40-60 years. Europe won't need it because China already is exceeding the import capacity.

Where will China find another 300 million of the richest country in the world to buy their shit?

Nearly every game at 4k, there isn't a single GPU out there now that can push playable frame rates in most games.

>Chinese export turn to whom? Africans?
China's domestic market, EU, Russia, ME.

>Europe won't need it because
Chinese literally built a new Silk Road. It's already operational.
Ever wondered why Europeans are so eager on defending the Iran deal and Americans on Invading Iran? Turns out this new silk road goes through Iran

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belt_and_Road_Initiative

>meanwhile, think again about who actually pays for these tariffs
No one except the Chinese. Because without buyers, their factories will have to be repurposed or closed down.

If a 1.5 cent per oz of drinks can reduce a company's sales by 20%-50%, imagine what a 25% tariff will do to a foreign potentially hostile nation's export.

finally amerimutts have to pay as much as the rest of the world and they were complaining even before the taxes hit the market
feels good man

>Some people that got stranded on an island, and I think it was 6 or 7 were Asians and there was one American and as soon as they were on the island they had to divide up the jobs.
>And one Asian was given the job of fishing, the other one was hunting, one of them got the job of gathering fire wood. So they all had jobs, and the American was assigned the job of eating.
>And so at the end of the day, they would all gather around and prepare this feast and the American would sit there and eat it. But he would´nt eat it all, he´d just leave enough crumbs so he could give to the 6 Asians so they could go on and repeat it again tomorrow, spend all day preparing a meal for the American to eat.
>Now, the way modern economists would look at it, they would say “Well, this American is vital to the whole island economy. Without him nobody would have to fish, nobody would have to hunt, nobody would have to gather fire wood. He is creating all this employment on the island”.
>But the reality is, every Asian on that island, his lot in life would be dramatically improved if they kicked the American off the island because now they would have a lot more to eat or maybe they wouldn´t have to spend all day hunting and fishing and they can lay on the beach a little bit”.
>The U.S. thinks it is the engine of economic growth in the world, when really it’s the caboose. If the rest of the world lets the caboose go, the rest of the train will be able to move faster.

Which liberal basedboy wrote that?

>China's domestic market
Chinese government will implement a quota to force their own citizen to buy chink shit. Mark my words lmao.

>EU/Russia/ME
If they become twice as richer suddenly, maybe they'll have more spending money to buy American's share of export.

Fucking retard.

You're a fucking dumbdumb.
China takes in ~500 Billion dollars for exchange of ~500 Billion goods made in China. It spends $120 billion for $120 billion of goods made in America.

Probably a chink shit buttblasted about Trump tariffs.

actually, Peter Schiff, who is a conservative who voted for Trump.

BTFO

> (((Schiff)))

Oh...

>$500 billion dollar is moved to China
>trash is moved to US
HURR DURR ITS SAME KEK

>Peter Schiff
>He is CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc
Aka he buys from China and is buttblasted

If you're going to point fingers at kikes, Donald "I'm proud of my jewish daughter and grandchildren" Trump should be your first target

He literally is a conservative Trump-voting gold-buying libertarian. You can't get more Kosher than that when it comes to Trumpist cred and even he thinks Trump is retarded when it comes to chinese tariffs

>The U.S. thinks it is the engine of economic growth in the world, when really it’s the caboose. If the rest of the world lets the caboose go, the rest of the train will be able to move faster.
In reality though the American was the one who was teaching the those asians how to do their jobs, how to make the tools for their jobs, and providing them the income to afford all of it while thinking of new/better ways on how to do all of it, and then there happens to be other asians on the island that are even more capable than the first 6 asians making the first asians easily replaceable.

Jow Forumstard here and I'm still defending it. This means manufacturing moving to the states, which has needed to happen for ages now.

Frankly just the fact that China produces all these electronics in the first place has been a massive security risk for the US both militarily and economically. It's about fucking time someone put a leash on the retard multinationals selling the nation out.

And protip: In 10 years the products manufactured here in North America will be CHEAPER than what the Chinese are making. Chinese labor costs are increasing, and shipping costs will increase with oil prices. (It's already hard to compete with manufacturing+shipping within the US)

Anyone who actually thinks this is bad is a drooling liberal retard that can't see past two financial quarters.

If he's a dem he will

There's going to be a few things happening in the US:

1. More energy production - solar, nuclear, oil, gas, coal
2. More factories and datacenters using up that cheap energy
3. Massive rail infrastructure improvements, and it'll be paid for by corporations, not the government
4. Massive increase in domestic purchasing power

Manufacturing moves outside of China, and in 10 years China will still be making smartphones from 2018.

>boo hoo we taught these uncivilized apes

in the past, the Roman,the Greek and the anglo-saxon taught the american neanderthal how to be civilized. you don't see amerifats going out of their way to help out their teachers

>(((Trump)))

Attached: 000_OQ93K-e1495460003763-640x400.jpg (640x400, 30K)

Funny mutts are paying those $500bil to buy trash from China.

>boo hoo we taught these uncivilized apes
You miss the point. The point is China isn't the driving force to their own manufacturing boom, and that they are easily replaceable.