What is XMPP?

>What is XMPP?
Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) is a communication protocol for message-oriented middleware.
Unlike most instant messaging protocols, XMPP is defined in an open standard and uses an open systems approach of development and application, by which anyone may implement an XMPP service and interoperate with other organizations' implementations. Because XMPP is an open protocol, implementations can be developed using any software license and many server, client, and library implementations are distributed as free and open-source software.

>What client should I use?
Get Conversations if you are on Android, Gajim or Pidgin on desktop PC.

>How do I join this Jow Forums groupchat?
Here is the link: xmpp:[email protected]?join

--kek

Attached: xmpp.png (220x226, 14K)

just use discord

>discord
hmm, so all i have to do is register for an account and download an app? Easy stuff. I've done it a thousand times before.
>xmpp
OHHH MAAANNN THIS IS TOO COMPLICATED!!! YOU MEAN I HAVE TO REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT AND DOWNLOAD AN APP?? THAT IS TOOOO COMPLICATED!!!!!!!!!!!! OHHHHHHHHHH MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Attached: 1534281670109.jpg (399x400, 16K)

Dead meme protocol

works on my machine poindexter

> ENTER YOUR XMPP JID
WHAT
> OK, LETS CREATE NEW ONE. SELECT YOUR XMPP SERVER, HERE IS THE 1500 SERVERS, CHOOSE ONE
WHAT X2

*closing and moving that shit into the trash can*

Telegram exists.

just don't

What are some good public jabber services? I'm looking for:
1. Federation
2. Allowing custom domain

Use yourdata.forsake and stop being a faggot

These are a same people who can't set up an email client.

Blame retarded xmpp community for the absence of clean onboarding experience.

> iksmemepipi retards installs unmodified xmpp server from repo and put the "install conversations" text on the web frontpage
> people does not understand what the fuck is xmpp server it asks
> look mum they stupid, look mum, the can't install xmpp client!

Is still don't understand how it's more confusing than setting up a mail client. If anything it's easier.

Just werkz isn't everything

Classical email clients have the same problem. And that is why people prefer gmail/outlook webclients. But they have builtin clients in their smartphones which does not asks dumb questions, just show their gmail automatically.
Even conversations.im paid(!) service does not have easy onboarding with Conversations itself.

>middleware
Buzzword bingo! Stopped reading right there.

Just use mumble

>just use discord
>WHAT

Attached: 1537958746123.gif (200x172, 70K)

It's a problem we, as the somewhat more tech savvy folks, should bully the normalfags into. They don't know any better, so stop being a beta and bully them into their freedom

Attached: 1536817613233.png (645x659, 299K)

Attached: ???.png (624x616, 11K)