Is it even worth buying a poorfag TV ($1000 AUD) after seeing OLED or should I just save my neetbux for a year?

Is it even worth buying a poorfag TV ($1000 AUD) after seeing OLED or should I just save my neetbux for a year?

Is QLED better/worse than OLED?

Attached: qled.jpg (220x229, 8K)

TVs are for normie scum. Don't get a TV what the fuck do you even use a TV for in 2018?

Watching chinese from my bed to my 24" monitor isn't comfy. No monitors can really compare to an OLED tv.

Oled is a meme get your chunk shit tv.

anime is fucking gay, and by extension you are gay too

Says Mr.Fat and bald.

Ask again around 10am utc-8
You’ll get better answers then

That really depends, OLED lineup of TVs have high peak brightness capabilities so they can display HDR content far better.

Personally I have SK8000 which beyond not being an OLED TV lacks other meme things like VA, FALD and apparently has shit-tier brightness but it looked just as good and bright as the more expensive models.

QLED and the nano-LED from LG is just a high-end variation of typical LCD technology, it shouldn't be compared to OLED TVs unless you are looking at the most expensive models. It's 'worse' as it is not intended to be in the category of OLED TVs.

up

is
>burn in
>dimming
a meme?

sounds like quantum dot should be a safer bet

did samsung fix the vertical banding problem on high end qleds?

Get a poorfag ips, va, or even an old newer plasma. You don't need oled for watching lewds in 720p @ 24/25fps.

Attached: large.jpg (999x749, 62K)

have you tried taking it apart, and cleaning the connectors to panel with rubbing alcohol?
Those blacks are hideous btw.

Either buy something good that will last or buy something cheap.
I paid $300 AUD for a new 40 inch 1080p LED last year and it's literally fine.
Once OLED gets more reasonable I'll be happy to spend a few grand to get something actually good, but for now even a cheap piece of shit like this displays my games, chinese cartoons and flicks really nicely.

it's not the issue with connectors, samsung tried to fix it with firmware update for 2017 models, mitigated this to some extent, also hard reset helps, don't know if 2018 panels produce vertical lines.

Answer these few simple questions before deciding.

Do you game a lot?
Do you watch channels with news tickers and sports channels with logos a lot?
Do you want to use it as a Windows (etc) monitor?

If you answered yes to any of the above don't buy OLED.

Image burn is still possible for QLED, clearly stated in the manual not to display static images for long periods of time

>using a TV for broadcast television

Attached: 1525515611454.jpg (250x229, 8K)

Current QLED isn't better, although technically the top end should be in quantum dots. However that's not currently feasible so you want OLED.

Nobody will tell you, but Q9 from 2017 in PC mode has less dimming zones, have to choose game console mode so that top and bottom stay black when watching movies

If I am too much of a poorfag for OLED, is the Sony X7500F 55" a good choice? i will have slightly elevated on a shelf and don't want to have shit experience because of viewing angle

Obviously but nowhere near as bad. I have an LG B6 and I take VERY good care of it. Thus far no image burn. I have had some IR in the past but it clears itself usually with an overnight cleaning cycle (automatic if left in standby). My only really issue with it is some banding (fixed in later models) during pans of football fields etc and lack of black frame insertion (also added to later models). Maybe if I am better off financially I will get a later panel. But the cost is ridiculous. I thought the rpcie would come down since LG are supposed to be printing their panels like inkjets by now?

£1500 for the basic 55" B8 model is still too rich.

I find myself watching it less and less. I pirate everything now.

Sony have some of the best motion handling so that's always a bonus.

Don't use a tripcode