Should i use a macbook pro for programming?

should i use a macbook pro for programming?

Attached: Apple-MacBook-Pro-2018-review-02-1220x915.jpg (1220x915, 142K)

Only with gentoo installed.

I love Macs and have a 2018 15" MacBook Pro, but you definitely shouldn't. Even running small indie games makes the laptop sweat and wheeze more than me running a mile on the treadmill.

k thx i guess (*whispers*dont know what gentoo is)

FagBook Pro

then why do all the developers use macbooks?

so.....yes?

Because they get paid six figures. If you want to larp then get a thinkpad.

I've coded and I wouldn't recommend one unless you know what you're doing and want to look classy at a coffee shop or are coding in public

but if i want to develop for ios?

That's a rethoric question user, what do you think "PRO" stands for? PROgramming ubermaschine, obviously

This is correct, OP.

sure why not. and on the plus side, you can fry some eggs while compiling

Programming involves a lot of typing, and the keyboards on the new ones are complete ass to type on, so no.

I'm unbiased. I like the pre 2015 line of mac books because they had parts I could upgrade. If I wanted to have save all my data to a removable HD, I had that option; in case something damaged the laptop. The modern laptops are the result of Apple becoming a retarded phone company that just happens to make computers. Everything has been soldered and bogged down to make the "cell phone" of laptops. I can't explain the frustration I get with the most recent MBP. It can barely handle web-browsing, and it cost more than every fucking laptop on the market. My 2011 Thinkpad can load adobe products faster than it. The touch bar is ass. Like ass fucking ass in the ass. I can't even use my favorite text editor without having to do some extra dipshit step to use the function keys. I HATE the stupid dongles I have to buy to do any audio production, it adds a lap in the latency. Apple used to be a great computer company. I will always love my pre 2015 macs, and I hope to collect a few more before this thin-fagging trend becomes the norm.

And to add, throttling is real. Try playing a game as old as Spore or Warcraft on it. Then get testicular cancer from the radiation. Try opening safari and open more than 11 tabs. Trying to do any serious work on the 2018 is horrible.

Okay so that's my rant about not programming, so here's my review about programming: If you absolutely HAVE to program for iOS, go for it. Its pretty much all its good for. Even though Xcode is shit. The most recent version of Xcode had upgrading issues with Mojave. It hangs for (what seems like) days just to install a simple file. And the only noticeable upgrade is a stupid theme. But since there isn't any alternative to access the necessary files to develop for iOS, you have to bend over and take it. Hard. If you actually program for anything else and you don't need to use iOS to get your money: get ANY OTHER LAPTOP.

I'm angry for spending more than 3 grand for this 2018 piece of shit.

Chromebook Pixel 2013

Also this! This to fucking max. I'm . Apple gives 2 shits about typing comfort and more to "muh thinness". Typing on this laptop is like playing with a Vtech learning toy. Its not great.

Tim cook needed to die more than Jobs.

Typing this on my MacBook Air I've had since 2012, I'd say get the Air. (Don't get anything smaller than 13 inch it's the right size)

shit from an idiot that never touched a MBP

Yeah, get a used one. Those had good keyboards. The new ones do not.

considering that you have to ask this question (and regarding only this question), you'll be no better off with a macbook than you would with some sub-$300 chinktop.

I have 5 of them. Fight me for disagreeing with you, but the only ones that weren't shit were pre 2015.

Beacuse
cd
cd
cd
cd
Invite me to your startup now.

If you want to be homosexual web dev then yes.
If you want to be transsexual buy linux compatible laptop.

>but the only ones that weren't shit were pre 2015.
i love my 2012 non-retina to death.

a normal macbook will be enough

I love mine too! But sadly, we will never have a model as great as that one :( . Apple is now a phone company.

Attached: 20181001_135519.jpg (2656x1494, 591K)

No it wont.

Is a MacBook Pro 2012 a good laptop for my computer science course?

I wish my thinkpad had a track pad like that

Sure if you want a brittle fashion accessory.

sure. you should also use it to shop for a laptop that isnt gay

You should take the poo to the loo.

Attached: 1523341389734.jpg (643x960, 256K)

You should commit suicide.

Go back to /v/ you fucking gaymer

mid 2012 models are the oldest to receive mojave. I have a 2012 model that I use everyday. It's pretty easy to replace the disk drive with a hard drive. Easy to dual boot should you get sick of mac os.

We literally has this disguised shills-replying-to-shills thread a few hours ago. Report and hide.

Attached: macshills.jpg (4500x3000, 1.6M)

im working in my phd and even when my main pc its a ubuntu desktop, my idc ints a mbp because weight nothing and battery last forever. I make my programs in text edit and run over teamviewer the commands in my pc. Shits golden.

user NO

Attached: 1538373401183.png (405x400, 151K)

All they had to do is not go full retard with its thinness because it’s really good otherwise. Very clickable, has uniform pressure and doesn’t wobble in slightest bit fuck that 0.7 mm travel.