/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: headphones riv seifuku thighhighs.png (2135x1936, 3.89M)

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2018/8/23/17768968/hp-omen-mindframe-headset-cooling-features
massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-o2-sdac-dac-amp?mode=guest_open
youtube.com/watch?v=kh8akNfMRa0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shh, they're sleeping.

Attached: 6XX slep.jpg (1500x1000, 772K)

HD600 has no bass

My compliments to the user that recommended me the beyer custom one pros the other day; I'm really enjoying them.

tfw still using hd600 with a schiit fulla 2. idk what to upgrade to, everything looks like poo.

The best thing to grace the headphone world in a very long time. We are truly living in the golden age of headphones.

How about a real dac and amp?

Replace the Fulla 2; it's garbage.

buy schiit products they kinda fixed their terrible dac

Attached: 1536751102375.png (636x773, 8K)

Wait until we can get music in our brains. Although maybe the lack of "feeling" the sound will have an uncanny valley type effect

Ampless man here, dt770 80 ohm or 32?

Why does schitt have such a stupid naming scheme?

what do i replace it with

Schiit products means schiit names

cause theyre fulla schiit ;)))))))))))))))))

What's your budget?

like 1000 usd, no nfb-11 though please.

to be more realistic, i'd rather not go above 400 usd unless you have a damned good reason to do so.

So maybe some of you guys heard of HP's newest meme, a cooled headphone.
theverge.com/2018/8/23/17768968/hp-omen-mindframe-headset-cooling-features

Now I'm planning to build my own for giggles, but as I'm not an audio expert per se, I'm looking for a recommendation for a headphone up to 100bucks, where it doesn't hurt to take it apart.
A flat or bright sound would be preffered, also a generous size, so that i maybe could reuse the housing.

Attached: bowsette-1136107.jpg (665x407, 53K)

You don't need to replace it, all the imperfections the Fulla has are still way below audible levels.

Peltier elements I'm assuming?

Peltier effect cooling?

that's what i thought. i'm listening to the fulla 2 and it's like "there can't be anything better than this, can there? it sounds about as good as i can imagine"

It sounds as good as your motherboard

>Budget
$150, maybe up to $200
>Location
Russia, no massdrop here
>Source
E10k
>Type of headphone
Huge
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Maximum, 12+ hours of use per day every day.
>Sound signature
Neutralish
>Past headphones
Xiaomi Pro HD - good sound but I need to clip modmic somewhere
Takstar Pro 82 - didn't like the way closed headphones seal ears
SHP9500 - okay sound but stock pads too shallow, weak clamp
SHP9500 with HM5 pads - inner diameter too small for my ears

Also I've seen Shure pads recommended for 9500 but can't find their size anywhere. Can any HPAEC940 or 1840 owners here measure their pads please?

it does actually. i havn't used motherboard audio in forever, but ye that's about the quality that comes out of it.

>Budget
150 quid
>Location
UK, LONDON
>Source
My personal computer
>Type of headphone
big ones
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
I wear glasses so comfortability is important
>Sound signature
don't care
>Past headphones
shit ones

would love a wireless set

Correct. It's basically a stupid bet that this shit can be done without a 200price tag.

massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-o2-sdac-dac-amp?mode=guest_open

Congratulations on your discovery that amps and DACs do not meaningfully impact the sound.

Most of the DAC/amp discussion are total audiophools jerking over completely inaudible measurements and you can safely disregard all of it. Aside from garbage sources with a high headphone output impedance or faulty products it all sounds the same.

and here i was about to order that o2dac.
might as well stick with the fulla 2 then. thx for the advice

enjoy that scratchy volume knob and distortion the further you crank it

>Budget
Up to 250 EUR, preferably less
>Location
Germany
>Source
Will be using them during flights. Noise cancelling is an absolute must for me.
>Open or closed
Closed obv
>Comfort level
Don't care
>Sound signature
Don't care
>Past headphones
Some Sony headphones that I miss a lot but that they don't sell anymore
Teufel Aureol Real - still use them at home, cost 130 EUR but perform worse than the Sony headphones I used to have that cost like 50 EUR less, I'm disappointed

Massdrop O2 + Topping D10/D30 DAC.

Massdrop O2 + SDAC DAC/Amp is also an option. But if you ever want to change out your amp in the future, it might be nice to have separates.

Has anyone here really tried Yggdrasil?

Attached: 1DD8D801-F97E-4680-BC38-0B033BCF6035.jpg (1497x2048, 170K)

Someone is selling secondhand Magni 2 U + Modi 2 SS with cables for 200 USD. Might be able to haggle down a little bit as well.
This would be my first set up, worth?

No.

No lol.

No, just get Modi 3 and Magni 3 for basically the same price.

80ohms should work just fine. People usually don't like the sound of the 32ohms as much.

I'm looking at the shit site right now and you can get brand new for $200, so definitely not worth. Not to mention that you might even be overspending depending on your source and headphone anyway.

Might be worth noting that this is converted from AUD market where he's selling for 300 AUD and the RRP for these items is about 600 AUD.
Everything is more expensive here unfortunately.

You can probably get the Custom One Pro Plus in that price range, it's quite durable and comfortable, isolates well too. Not wireless but it does have detachable cable in case you evern need new ones.

Maybe just order something from AliExress? I live in Canada, and I can get some decent prices (including shipping) from there. Honestly though, Magni 2 and Modi 2 would be fine for you. Try to get him to at least $170.

Was Changstar better than SBAF?

Attached: 91ED3D2C-8383-411A-9D62-F2CF8C7D90D7.gif (277x89, 11K)

>headphone pyrates
more like headphone cuckolds

I want her to step on my face.

Well my m50xs broke, what the fuck do i replace them with?

HD 600

Attached: 1538360107612.png (1024x1024, 502K)

I want to step on her Beats.

fill out the form

Schiit advertising is so based

>Budget
100-150
>Location
Nordics
>Source
Desktop PC
>Type of headphone
Full-size
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Comfy for long term use
>Past headphones
Ath-M50x

I want to do this with her pocky.

Attached: pocky.gif (320x179, 3.36M)

Oh hi William

DT&&)

How comfy are HD 599's?

Way more than than the SHP9500 but less than the HD 600. Comfy enough for me though I had the HD 558 instead of the 599 but close enough.

Attached: 1534370728194.gif (304x401, 301K)

Im really happy with my BT Shure SE215s, whats the general regard of them here?
inb4 >BT

seem like pretty fun dark earphones.

They look ok, a shame the black version is so much more than the white. In reality I just want some good wireless headphones to use as I move around a lot and sometimes use my wireless drawing tablet away from my desk

Bluetooth isn't that bad really, gets a bad rap because of all the shitty ones out there

Z for Zeos

Attached: 23EA899F-86B9-4969-A3F1-9C1C77228D93.png (584x474, 393K)

I actually thought that one blonde chick was his wife lol

Canadian Z (zed) for Zeos.

Does anyone know which ear the red part of this goes on? I used to have a pair, they broke, and I had to wear a new pair for a while but that one was shit. Now a month later I have these back but I seriously don't know which side the red part goes on anymore.

Attached: headphones.png (489x595, 114K)

youtube.com/watch?v=kh8akNfMRa0

his current gf is much better looking that the blonde chick

Mumkey Jones?

cute drawing of me

LSR305 has no sub bass compared to my HD 600. So I want to get a sub, but I've heard it's a bad idea to use a subwoofer for desktop setup. Is this true?

Good for him

Why did you buy studio monitors if you're not mixing?

Putting his shill money and disregard for integrity to use, I see.

meme'd into it like a lot of stuff.

You should also check out the HD 579. I've heard people say they prefer it over the 599 and it's cheaper. I guess look up comparisons.

did i write this post and forget about it?
wtf

My 1000xm3's just came in the mail today and they're charging as I type. Waiting for em to fully charge before I give em a whirl; did I fall for a meme?

Neither.

Attached: dt 770 FRs.png (651x613, 110K)

If you wanted a bassy and dark headphone, you got it. Bose QC 35 is probably better imo.

>QC35 better than anything
is this a meme or a genuine opinion?

Better in the ANC category

it doesnt scratch and i havent heard any distortion, but i know people have that issue with other schiit stuff. my magni 2 doesn't do it either though...
ymmv

but Jow Forums has told me so many times that the sound on QC35 is awful and to stear well clear

How do we solve the Anime problem in the headphone community?

Attached: yvazf0ednwsz.png (656x654, 294K)

i have a 12" dayton sub, but it would be a pain in the ass for you to setup raw wire for monitors.
all you gotta do if you're using a sub is set the crossover to about 80hz, so you can't hear anything but you can feel it, and set the gain low enough you can't hear it. if you can hear it, it's slightly too loud.

really though lsr305s are the biggest fucking meme ever. please just do yourself a favor and get some 5" bookshelf speakers and a receiver from goodwill.

Attached: boseQCrtings.png (936x684, 102K)

by posting more waifus to convert the nonbelievers

Attached: yande.re 479509 headphones kamioka_chiroru pantsu seifuku sweater.jpg (2000x1378, 346K)

by killing dumb frog posters

Attached: 1526011095053.gif (261x300, 241K)

This!

Attached: 1538260769381.jpg (773x859, 84K)

Now do thd

frog website

Attached: 69f.jpg (354x286, 14K)

consider the Emotiva BasX Sub10 it has line level input and pass-trough so you can use your current preamp to control the entire setup

I wonder what their thighs smell like

Still better than the Sony.

Attached: boseQCrtings distortion.png (1104x657, 79K)

this but halloween edition

Attached: yande.re 302013 devil halloween headphones kalian love_live! nishikino_maki tail thighhighs wings.pn (1000x1240, 1.31M)

How can Bose even compete?

Attached: 1538436323021.png (1104x657, 93K)

Looks pretty good, thanks.

Yeah, I need to get rid of these hissers. That and the the limited dispersion makes them sound boxy and unnatural and ruins it for me.