After c and Holy-c, C# is best language

After c and Holy-c, C# is best language.
>FOSS license
>Cross Platform
>Roslyn C# Compiler is Written in C#
>JIT, AOT and LLVM backedn options available
>Java done right
>Task awaiting doesn't suck (like java Runners)

Why don't you use it?

inb4 paid shill
inb4 inb4 is an old maymay

Attached: Screenshot (7).png (1920x1080, 1.12M)

Other urls found in this thread:

java.com/en/download/release_notice.jsp
codeblog.jonskeet.uk/2010/07/27/iterate-damn-you/
benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/which-programs-are-fast.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

C# is amazing no complaints here

What about Visual Basic, the cousin of C#?

>* done right
Where have I heard this before

Microsoft chose abortion, incidentally the correct choice in this particular case of .NET languages
Everything after that was amazing.

Fix your theme, the code is unreadable, you need some pink and lime green in there.

You're not wrong, but C# doesn't need to be shilled with 24-7 threads. It's passively excellent.

I code with Mono C# since 2007 and just love it. My craziest time with it: going on an island to setup a new customer with a software I coded and use on a daily basis. It deals with managing shops and stock, stickers, bookkeeping, the complete shit suite.
Before leaving apartment, Weather was already a bit messy at my place, but fine at the docks. Billing my ticket at the office, the clerk warned me about a storm arriving. I had no idea that dat storm ZEUS was coming.
Till the end, the customer didn't wanted to listen to me and bought a Macintosh. I earlier told *her* to buy whatever 500€ computer and we would just install Linux on it. Whatever she wanted to lose 2000€ with Apple. And try to reduce the price of my software on the phone.. You hobo?

Having already tested that point with Windows, I put all my faith in the claimed portability.
The girl kept the mac boxed, wanting me to install all the shit from scratch... «WTF I'm here to install your software». Everything went fine with my setup, filling up her database with some datas. Then wanting to drag & drop features that the software provide.
It wasn't working.
Then the storm came. Peak Winds at 220km/h that night.
Then she offered me Wine.
then she offered me Pot.
I was in her shop on her stupid mac, coding a White box in place of the normal Mono/Gtk Drag&Drop function, totally high.. The girl was angry, not understanding what wasn't working, unable to understand a single shit of what I was doing, thinking I was killing her new shiny Apple Comp.
I came to finish my patch and whitebox of a functioning Drag n Drop.
She came back, angry after the woodworker not present to finish her shop, and shouted at me about it.
I was totally wondering wtf was happening there. Thinking only about getting out from that fucking island. But there was no boat till the next day.
Later she told she never used that much the software I sold her.
Since I test my shit on a hackfagintosh before going at such macfags customers.

Attached: neofetch-2018-10-01-11-37-25-10426.png (1442x1027, 880K)

>C#
>not F#

Attached: 1530051226815.jpg (1440x1557, 153K)

>not F# with C# interop
It compiles to MSIL, why restrict yourself for no reason?

>why don't you use it
Because I don't need a way to make quick dirty windows programs. That's literally all it's used for - OOP with training wheels on so anyone can throw together whatever 'app' they want. Unix programs get C, anything professional/industrial gets C++. Python deals with all the quick scripting and academia.

ugh no, it's fucking jit and slow as fuck

actual senior here, I'm glad I'm back in c++ world. slow bloated, uses way to much memory etcetc. sure it has a lot of nice features and so, but no pass done with it for good, especially with fucking wpf ugh nomore!

you can't compare basic is an old dead language sure you got some dinosaurs still stuck at it that came from vb6 to this.

both are compiled to il though and you can use assemblies from either in either language. vb.net and c# I mean

>Task awaiting doesn't suck?
What sucks about java Runnables + Executors?

Was she cute tho

L m a o

This Microshit shill is at it again.

>FOSS license
Java has this, OpenJDK
>Cross Platform
Java has this
>Roslyn C# Compiler is Written in C#
Dumb meme. Your language's compiler should be written in whatever is best for a compiler.

>JIT, AOT and LLVM backedn options available
Java has all of these options.

>Java done right
It's lacking features Java now has in Java 11. C# is behind the game.

>Task awaiting doesn't suck (like java Runners)
Subjective.

Java >>>> C# any day. Especially if you want a job. Java is king in Enterprise. C# is a joke.

Hello Pajeet, java.com/en/download/release_notice.jsp

No Pajeet, writing your compiler in its own language is standard practice and has always been. C# isn't behind.
OpenJDK is separate, and also happens to be made partially in Java. I guess OpenJDK is a dumb meme too.

definitely the #1 choice for high level OOP out there. anyone who doesn't think so is either a raging autist or poo in the loo.

I'll fix it but I hate green and pink...

I never said it was a c/c++ replacement, I do use c when raw performance or pointer magic is needed/better.

If you've ever done android development, you'd know

Yeah, I'm a micro$hill, that's why I'm not allowed to say shit like "fuck SJWs" and "pajeets and roasties are ruining technology"

>Then she offered me Wine.
>then she offered me Pot.
you got crossfaded with a customer? sounds like a win to me you're just a beta

>showing your IP address
Hope you enjoy SWAT teams.....

What the fuck is this post.

but user did nothing wrong yet..?

>New Folder
what are you hiding in there :o

Where do I actually experience Java? What do pajeets do for me?

Or is Indian banking written in Java or something?

C# struct types have bitten me. Not happy about that. I'd rather have the ability to choose when to pass by reference or value instead of having the rules change on me.
Related: codeblog.jonskeet.uk/2010/07/27/iterate-damn-you/

Attached: AngrySun_1.png (189x179, 11K)

>192.168.137.1
That's likely a private subnet, not internet facing

C# is pretty solid but it's super fucking non performant and has next to no cross platform viability since so much shit depends on .net frameworks not yet ported

in c# most types are reference types, so when you have
Object o;
you actually have Object* o;
Primitive types are not reference types.

You still can use the unsafe keyword to use pointers
unsafe static void SquarePtrParam(int* p)
{
*p *= *p;
}

Just use objects or use the ref keyword

192.168.x.x are all private.

>super fucking non performant
Cant comment, don't have benchmarks

>and has next to no cross platform viability since so much shit depends on .net frameworks not yet ported

nigga, most everything is there, I just "ported" a large service at work to Linux without much drama...

WPF is the only missing thing, but I don't use C# for GUI development anyway

>op trying to deny he was a dumbass who posted his IP online

Cheese Pizza?

>Why don't you use it?
Slow

Attached: 1538143303183.png (1578x1668, 187K)

>posting a RegEx bench to point out the performance

Are you even aware that C# has two engines to parse regular expressions?

You have to use
>RegexOptions.Compiled

to get the max performance.

I don't know whay is the reasoning behind this, but it's how it is

Also, the end IL (.net exe) can be AOT generating a near-native performance binary
or, you can compile down to metal with the LLVM toolchain (longer compile times tho)

>Cross Platform
>can't run Windows C# apps on Linux

>Cross Platform

>Cross Platform

You use gtk with c#? How is it?

>That's likely a private subnet
>likely
It's likely you know exactly jack and shit about networking.

>On Windows
>HelloWorld.cs
>csc HelloWorld.cs -out:Program.exe
>*copy to linux*
>$chmod +x Program.exe
>$./Program.exe
>???
>It Just Works™

Alternatively, on linux
>$mcs HelloWorld.cs -out:Program.exe
>...

U AMD?

That's a single benchmark of a niche task. If your application is mostly running regex parsing tasks then pick another language I guess.
In reality, for general tasks the language is far less important than your skill in writing high performance code. If you use high level operations without understanding their cost and optimal use case, then you're going to write slow code.

I link this shit every time I see someone say "b-b-but slow!". Unless you're writing C/C++ (dangerous for many tasks) or Rust (pain in the ass language), most of your choices perform reasonably well, if you know how to use them at least.
benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/which-programs-are-fast.html

Attached: Screenshot_20180928-110603__01.jpg (1584x860, 221K)

You can drop into unmanaged code for speed, and failing that C/C++ - which is a common approach with Python for performance critical code - but the emphasis with C# is on programmer productivity. I know a bit about several languages but C# compares with any on how quickly I can knock out apps. VS is a great IDE even taking into account the ridiculous bloat. Linux support is here with Core, and native apps in future as I recall. C# isn't going anywhere.

how to get C# linter to work on vs code

>Using passwords to authenticate ssh connections

Attached: 1537377204461.jpg (746x500, 84K)

>Why don't you use it?
Because Kotlin exists

VB.NET and C# were actually pretty close to being equivalent for a little bit, with a few gotchas. C# is starting to pull ahead with stuff like pattern matching, though.

async/await is a godsend. There were some unfortunate design decisions made in the name of backwards compatibility, but overall it's a pleasure to work with compared to continuations.

The language itself is great. Jow Forums likes to shit on it because pajeet, but it's a very sensible C derivative with a lot of nice syntactic sugar.

VB.NET is shit. I took an intro to programming class that was taught with VB, and it sucked shit.

They're fantastic, especially the work stealing pools.

Android's a shitshow anyway.