Why does Nintendo go out of its way to make shitty products?

Why does Nintendo go out of its way to make shitty products?

Nintendo Switch

Wireless Frequency: 2.4 GHz, 5 Ghz Frequencies
Wireless Modes: 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11ac
Wireless Security Modes: WEP, WPA-PSK(AES), WPA2-PSK (AES)

Wii

Wireless Frequency: 2.4 GHz Frequency
Wireless Modes: 802.11b, 802.11g
Wireless Security Modes: WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES)

Wii U

Wireless Frequency: 2.4GHz Frequency
Wireless Modes: 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n
Wireless Security Modes: WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (TKIP)

Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL*

Wireless Security Modes: WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (TKIP)

New Nintendo 3DS XL*

Wireless Security Modes: WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES)

Other than the switch this is garbage.
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/498/~/compatible-wireless-modes-and-wireless-security-types

Attached: simp.jpg (500x500, 29K)

>>/v/
Nintendo is in the business of making profit not having the best tech.

This is a tech thread bruh
I'm literally asking why Nintendoa specs are garbage

/thread

They use shit/cheap parts to keep the cost of the console cheaper for the consumer. There was really nothing wrong with this in the past when developers weren't lazy fucks, compressing their shit and really making the most of what they had available to them, but those days are unfortunately long gone.

Why do you care it's just gaming. Don't buy a switch to render weather sims retard.

At least for the mobile devices, the low powered CPUs make the batteries last longer. The consoles are just cheap and kids don't give a fuck about fancy graphics.

the wii is from 2006 and the 3ds is from 2011, what are you complaining about
also the wii u is a bastard console so dont even

They're obviously trying to save money

This. Back in the day, limited system specs forced developers to get creative and come up with interesting ways to make games. These days though, it's considered perfectly acceptable to publish a game in the alpha stages, no where close to being done, and say you'll fix any issues and improve on it later.

They are toys for children

I swear the N3DS would at least have wireless n

low prices. no nintendo console has ever been unavailable at $300 or less. this was fine during the n64/gc era, but nowadays it's harder to pack in impressive specs at that price point.
also the unique features. nintendo isnt just making computers with special operating systems. their devices often have some extra gimmicks. switch has the portable screen + joy con and the technology inside them. wii u had the gamepad. wii had wiimotes.
modern nintendo is just trying to make unique hardware at a cheap price. i honestly dont see a fault in this because their hardware seems to inspire some brilliant features in their games that couldnt happen on more basic devices.

>muh wireless frequencies
Shut the fuck up and get a WIRED connection for your console; you fucking retard. Wired connection > wireless connection.

The Wii U was a mistake.

Attached: file.png (960x684, 198K)

These are completely fucking reasonable for how old these are?

You know the 3DS Family is based on a 2011 design, right?
The Wii was from fucking 2006, a time when the Xbox 360 didn't even HAVE wifi

>Wii U
>Wireless Frequency: 2.4GHz Frequency

Ok brah

Having lower specs keeps the true maniac gamers out of their customer base, allowing them to focus on the much larger market of casual gamers.

I just made up this explanation.

Attached: thinking emoji.png (500x465, 116K)

Nailed it

My dubs confirm

>hurr why are these kids toys less powerful than muh gayman macheen durr

You're a moron

And you got an answer faggot. Shut the fuck up and stop posting if you can't understand that.

The problem is not the shit product it self if it was sold cheap
The problem is the high price of their products.
They think they are the apple of consoles

It cheaps n they can make good games with shit specs

>I need 100 gigabibble speed for my handheld gaming device

Because games are more important.

Jut look how 3DS absolutely destroyed VITA

The Wii U has 5Ghz wifi, it just uses it to remote to the controller, and that craps out whenever another 5Ghz connected device is in proximity.

Why would it matter anyway? Nintendo hardware is hardly known for being cutting edge "gotta have 100Mbit/s downloads" or "muh 0ms ping for mario kart".

Nintendo focuses on software, and they tend to push cheaper hardware to their limits in order to maximize their profit margins.
Keep in mind that console manufacturers businesse model have them usually losing money on hardware, and profiting from software. Nintendo's primary target market are children, so they are very conscious in choosing hardware that is cheap enough for families to buy for their kids.

PS4 doesn't even have 5ghz wifi

Eh, I bought into that meme. My 2DS XL is two weeks old now. Idk, seems like DS has more/better stuff, there's only a handful of titles that really stand out on 3DS. Same for PSP. it has a ton of variety and some really good stuff.

Slim and Pro feature ac wi-fi, which means there must be 5GHz support.

The Switch is their most online heavy product in that list.
The rest hardly use online at all with the biggest uses being the Virtual Console, and those games are tiny.

The switch has gimmicks but they are old hat. The touch screen is never used. The gyro aiming is useful in certain games and certain situations, but nothing we haven't seen in smartphones for a decade. The hd rumble is fucking nothing. The one major cool thing is it's a portable console with two controllers built in, but that doesn't actually directly affect the games' gameplay.

how much does it cost to produce nintendo consoles?
how much would it cost to make something or equivalent (or slightly newer) specs to make a new console?

Likely barely costs $100 to produce a switch, maybe even less

>Why
I've entered this thread. Looks okay.
>does
So far so goo-
>Nintendo