So g I installed Kali Linux on my MacBook air 2013 and the network card was incompatible with sniffing...

So g I installed Kali Linux on my MacBook air 2013 and the network card was incompatible with sniffing, so I installed it on my ThinkPad and it wouldn't actually boot it. What is a good laptop for Kali Jow Forums?

Attached: kl-feat.jpg (800x400, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B06WP7JNW4/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

a virtual machine will suffice.

>Unironically wanting to use Kali as a daily driver for le "l33t hakcer XD" meme

just use debian

Use arch instead.

so I installed it on my ThinkPad and it wouldn't actually boot it. Try using a light version, or see above.

Nah I'd rather have it as a daul boot giving it minimum space just to have the option

But it's mostly about a laptop that has a network card that is compatible

You probably need to buy a separate adapter capable of packet injection.

Pro-tip: Install Gentoo. Unironically.
There are a set of tools that emulate all the capabilities of Kali. Install them. Use them in your Gentoo terminal.
???
Profit.

>trying to fix issues in a distro on the software side:
IQ:1
>getting other laptops to fix those issues
IQ:1,000,000

Honestly use a VM Kali is unsecure as it runs everything as root, it's not meant as a daily driver. Just use debian and install the tools you want. Fucking autists I swear.

>I installed it on my ThinkPad and it wouldn't actually boot it
secure boot you retard

Also use an external NIC because one you get in a Thinkpad isn't enough. Litteraly look up your question and there are plenty of answers

Attached: 20180912_122050.png (1080x1079, 806K)

Use a vm or boot it live from usb. Kali isn't meant to be a day-to-day OS, it's a tool for networking security.
/thread

Download the broadcom-wl driver for your kernel version on the macbook. I had the same issue.

I did however my MacBook model is the 2013 one and the card is just incompatible with listening

You poor, tortured fucking idiot.

Who trolled you?

So create a second profile in Kali that isn't running root privilege all the time?

why wouldn't it boot? what happened?
I'm genuinely curious as to hhow you fucked up so badly you caused a thinkpad not be able to boot linux

Pretty sure installing Kali is retarded and it's meant to be run from a zip diskette

Load it up on a usb so you can run it on any computer. You'd be surprised how often it helps to a portable distro. Also you can have fun fucking with people's networks if you have access to a computer or laptop.

I think that you mess something in the installing process.
If you really need it try using it in live mode.
No, it's actually really simple. I installed it a lot of times and it always worked.

If you want shit preinstalled use parrot os, as it will already have a workstation built for both software development, and pentesting(for the software you write, I presume).

If you don't know how to program, I'm guessing that you think that having infosec tools will make you a l33t h4xx0r. If that's the case, you're wasting your time and should install fagbuntu instead.

If you don't want shit preinstalled, why the hell are you bothering with kali in the first place? Just get arch and set it up however you like.

Notice how none of these cases required you to install kali.

Playstation 4

If you are insinuating that avoiding Kali will lead to being a better hacker then you are wrong. Of course having the tools necessary to penetrate certain targets comes in handy, and does lead to furthering ones knowledge of the trade, does it not?

You can take any distro and install top 100 security tools on it.

Forego the laptop and get this:
amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B06WP7JNW4/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Boot it live from a USB, Kali isn't really meant to be installed and used as an everyday OS.

Try Parrot OS. Its the same as kali buy better and has no compatibility issues.

this goes against the entire point of kali
put it on a VM you lazy shit

jokes aside, what the fuck is it? 130k USD for a PC? Specs are mediocre for a "gamer rig" if you ask me (GTX1060? 120SSD? ffs?).

Even recommendations show the same set with the same fucking photo, but many times cheaper.

Step 1: Install Arch
Step 2: Add archstrike-repos
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

Attached: archstrike-linux-distro.jpg (900x501, 48K)

1596 OwO

Attached: 1538468983951.gif (500x281, 1.85M)

Attached: giphy.gif (493x342, 480K)

You'll find others like it if you search "PC" and sort from High to Low prices.

it's literally debian. just use debian or gentoo

jezus dude. If you want to play with aircrack get compatible usb dongle. Do not use anything that is INSIDE your laptop to crack networks (because disasem ling laptop to destroy chip as police is knocking on your door is really bad experience)

>against entire point of kali
you are an idiot. You should always create non root user after installing kali